Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about zoos? - page 16. (Read 1239 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 4
February 01, 2018, 02:42:25 PM
Depends on the Zoo. A lot I have seen are poorly kept for and very small which is cruel. Others like the Los Angeles Zoo are amazing and are of great educational value.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 02:23:10 PM
I feel like I'm with nature... I feel calm and relax in the Zoo....
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 02:22:48 PM
When done correctly, I think zoos are great.

They help people fall in love with animals and make a personal connection with many animals that are going extinct. If we want to save the animals from going extinct, or get more people involved in protecting what is left of their natural habitats, then we need to start by getting people to care about these animals. And zoos are a great way for people to see and learn about these animals. This is what the crocodile hunter's motto was, and I think it is great.
Activity: 14
February 01, 2018, 02:10:10 PM
When I was last time in Zoo some time ago (before that I was in Zoo when I was a little boy), I felt the great pity for the beasts and animals. If I could, I would cancel this terrible attraction around the world.
What do you thing about it?
If I do not have a zoo, maybe my whole life will not look at the real lion
Activity: 28
February 01, 2018, 02:06:30 PM
Unlike those who believe that zoos teach their visitors to respect animals, I think that what they teach is to perpetuate the idea that animals can be locked up for our own benefit; offering only a little information about their diet, the different existing species and their natural environment. But ... I am in favor of those zoos oriented to the development of conservation and reintroduction programs for the native species of their zone. Zoos that can shelter, care for and recover wild animals injured or coming from a confiscation or a situation of abuse, in addition to those programs that can protect almost extinct species and help them to stop being it.

Zoos should not be for the benefit of human entertainment, but for the protection of the species that accompany us on the planet.
Activity: 811
Merit: 512
Enhalo Mining
February 01, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
When I was last time in Zoo some time ago (before that I was in Zoo when I was a little boy), I felt the great pity for the beasts and animals. If I could, I would cancel this terrible attraction around the world.

Yes, it is true that animals weren't born to live in cages. But it's also true that if they were released into the wild again, they could be hunted and killed by unscrupulous hunters. Don't know what's the best option...very sad for those animals
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
February 01, 2018, 12:28:30 PM
There are pro's and con's to Zoo's.

Here are a few:

Pro's
Education for children
Research by scientists to better understand and work towards helping/saving them

Con's
The natural behaviour of the animal changes
A lot of zoo's cannot afford to maintain the facility
brand new
Activity: 0
January 31, 2018, 03:17:04 PM
I feel good being at the zoo because that is the only place you can see whatever animals you wish to see but at the same time I feel sorry for the animals,because its not something good at all to be under captivity
Activity: 85
January 31, 2018, 05:01:14 PM
Zoos help preserve some species of animals and can not be abandoned.
Activity: 108
January 31, 2018, 02:48:33 PM
Now many zoos are animals loose, not in captivity ..
Zoos there are also benefits for endangered species, can be protected from hunting and human zoos can also be a breeding ground for animals.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
January 31, 2018, 01:27:14 PM
I think it's a complex issue, and it depends on the zoo.

Zoos that keep the animals in poor conditions and are all about making money - these are obviously bad and should be closed, and if necessary legal action taken against the owners.

But they're not all like that - some are more like conservation parks, where the animals have generally been rescued from poor quality zoos or domestic ownership and are now treated very well and in a professional manner. These places are also good for helping to provide a safe space for endangered animals, and take part in important rebreeding and rewilding programmes.

Not a zoo, but related - the Non Human Rights project does some very good work.
https://www.nonhumanrights.org/
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
http://2gether.global
January 31, 2018, 01:17:30 PM
Not a fan
Activity: 22
January 31, 2018, 12:43:46 PM
its good more educating the public, but its kind of sad seeing many animals are being trapped
Activity: 23
January 31, 2018, 12:07:32 PM
very happy because we can see various kinds of animals in the garden Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
January 31, 2018, 11:36:52 AM
Too all those saying release the animals currently in zoos to the wild. These animals are by no means domesticated, but they are no longer truly wild animals.. many would now not survive in the wild, at least not for very long.
Activity: 58
January 31, 2018, 11:30:28 AM
ZOOS, Contrary to what many people believe, often cause great suffering and stress to the captive animals. Animals in zoos are caged for life and deprived of the opportunity to develop and fulfill the full range of their interests and needs.
Activity: 28
January 31, 2018, 11:18:03 AM
Zoos are good when in comes to saving the species cause some of them are in the red note and its endangered so we need to keep them in the safe place, also good for entertaining everytime i go to zoo i am always amazed of those animals.
Activity: 84
January 31, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
its a double edged sword to me.
- keeping animals in cages should not be allowed at all and i dont like zoo anymore
- keeping threatened animals in big areas while protecting them should be allowed though
Activity: 75
January 31, 2018, 11:07:29 AM
they are especially great for children, teaching about the wonderful animals on this planet
Activity: 46
January 31, 2018, 11:06:39 AM
Good time, very poznovatelno, and just interesting to pokzodit on the zoo and watch different animals for example. Therefore, I advise everyone to go to the zoo.
Pages:
Jump to: