Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel if satoshi back - page 7. (Read 999 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
April 02, 2022, 09:45:52 AM
I'd be nervous as heck because almost whatever Satoshi says if ever he/she/they come/s back can be used in a negative light by mainstream media.

In the end, Satoshi shouldn't and wouldn't come back, which is good.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
April 02, 2022, 09:41:51 AM
Satoshi won't come back after all this time. He is not an attention-seeker and the last thing he would want is to become the center of a media frenzy. He disappeared when Bitcoin got the attention of the US government and their 3-letter agencies, and he has successfully managed to keep his identity a secret ever since. If he wanted to propose changes to Bitcoin, he could submit BIPs just like every other person in the world.   
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
April 02, 2022, 09:24:12 AM
And if he comes back, it will be a great feeling, but on the other hand, it is also scary. Because people say if he comes back and starts to sell his holdings, the bitcoin price will be dumped brutally. That is why I am scared too.

No hard feelings, but given the time you spent on the forum, you should understand some things a little better. Why would Satoshi appear in public first, and only then sell the Bitcoin he allegedly owns, if he can do so at any time without causing panic in the market?

Furthermore, Satoshi is just one man who chose to disappear for the reason that he did not want Bitcoin to be in his shadow, so you and everyone else should be glad that he did so. And finally why people can’t figure out that Satoshi did his part of the job and now it’s all up to the rest of us.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
April 02, 2022, 09:22:53 AM

I just saw this on my news feed. Though I know it's been edited. But we all know that satoshi is a feeling and emotion for us. And if he comes back, it will be a great feeling, but on the other hand, it is also scary. Because people say if he comes back and starts to sell his holdings, the bitcoin price will be dumped brutally. That is why I am scared too.

What would be your feelings if this happened?

As I’ve seen the font of the screenshot’s timestamp, I knew it. Saw that on Twitter several hours ago. Badly edited indeed. But we would all be freaked out if this was a real post by the GOAT of crypto himself.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 931
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
April 02, 2022, 08:41:22 AM
This is the original satoshi's post that was (poorly) edited:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29479

The screenshot was taken some time ago (judging by the number of merits on Satoshi's account) but at first glance it was obvious that it was a fake.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
April 02, 2022, 08:19:06 AM
If he reappears, I will be very disappointed, since the decentralization characteristic will become inaccurate if he decides to interfere with the protocol that he created from the start. Even if this seems impossible at first glance, his ownership of more than 5 percent of the total volume of the currency can influence the price once he decides to sell part or all of it. I understand that this may seem like an opportunity for some to acquire more Bitcoin at a low price but do not forget that this will open the way for the rise of other currencies that will be mostly centralized .
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 02, 2022, 07:55:48 AM
Where is a link of that news feed?

If you actually wanted to say "twitter feed", see https://twitter.com/spumeio/status/1510127669165314055?s=20. If you click image shared by OP, it'll open that link.

Now back to your concerns.  Why are you concerned about Satoshi coming back and dumping his holdings?  I look at it from a different angle.  There are supposedly at least one million Bitcoins in Satoshi's bag.  That is around five percent of Bitcoin's total supply in the hands of one single individual.  Should he sell his holdings, they would become more distributed.  That is one problem gone.

It's also opportunity for long-term investor or anyone believe will massively adopted in future to obtain Bitcoin at lower price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
April 02, 2022, 08:12:25 AM
Not an April Fools joke released a day before April Fools is just...well, it's maybe too much on the nose, if you know what I mean XD That being said, Satoshi as a figure of BTC returning, I don't think it would benefit BTC at all. I think the initial appeal of secrecy of who created BTC still, to some degree holds up today and works for BTC. But also, even if Satoshi came out, I can't see him dumping everything just now, it wouldn't make any sense.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
April 02, 2022, 07:35:11 AM
Let's just stop thinking or assuming with these what-ifs and reactions of us if ever he's back. Let's save those reactions if ever he's literally back for real.

And the first community to know of his return is this forum as he's the foundation of bitcointalk. But going with the reality, let's settle and don't think about it anymore.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1735
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 02, 2022, 07:03:50 AM
No offense but what a bad edit.  It hurts my eyes to see this.  Even the writing style, it is so bad they clearly did not even try to make it look a tad more real.

Now back to your concerns.  Why are you concerned about Satoshi coming back and dumping his holdings?  I look at it from a different angle.  There are supposedly at least one million Bitcoins in Satoshi's bag.  That is around five percent of Bitcoin's total supply in the hands of one single individual.  Should he sell his holdings, they would become more distributed.  That is one problem gone.

And then.  Why do we care so much about Satoshi returning and selling his holdings?  At this point, it is clear we do not really need Satoshi anymore to grow Bitcoin up.  He left us a legacy developers have so far been able to carefully and successfully take care of.  Bitcoin is up and running.  Bitcoin has grown up more than Satoshi probably wished for it to.  He does not have influence over Bitcoin any more.  So there is no point in getting concerned as we speak.  We have bigger threats to Bitcoin we should be concerned about right now such as governments hating it.  Satoshi has no more power other than words and maybe the short to medium term influence of his holdings, a supposedly million Bitcoins.

Where is a link of that topic?
Literally in OP's text from the tenth word on.  'I know it's been edited'.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
April 02, 2022, 07:02:06 AM
Where is a link of that topic?

I am sure satoshi did not back on April Fool and if there is no link to that topic, it's more obviously that it is an April Fool Joke.
Activity: 700
Merit: 182
April 02, 2022, 06:49:43 AM

I just saw this on my news feed. Though I know it's been edited. But we all know that satoshi is a feeling and emotion for us. And if he comes back, it will be a great feeling, but on the other hand, it is also scary. Because people say if he comes back and starts to sell his holdings, the bitcoin price will be dumped brutally. That is why I am scared too.

What would be your feelings if this happened?
Pages:
Jump to: