Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you know when to sell? - page 17. (Read 2810 times)

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
February 13, 2022, 01:29:49 AM
It’s better to have regular profit than to always depend on the chance that the token price will go up which will just make us wait for something were not sure if will going to happen at times we need it. Though its’s hard to always get a good profit in trading but if its regular it can still be big in time when we save it right. So, Whenever there is a chance to take profit I also withdraw some since Im already done of just waiting like I did before in 2018 when the market is down and there is no just to have profit.
Regular and consistent profit is better than get jack pot or much profit but need waiting few months later, usually as daily trader is not have higher decision profit target every day, reach above 5% is enough to close position and take profit than waiting more profit above 100% or 300% but need one or two months later. I think if consistent earn profit every daily trader at one coin above 5% we earn almost 30% profit every day if good market condition with several altcoin kinds, but still not any guarantee can earn profit in daily day.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 957
February 12, 2022, 09:06:46 PM

Source: Me Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 30
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 12, 2022, 05:22:32 PM
Do you have any pattern that you see or watch in the market to determine time to sell your hodlings and take your profit ?

Do you regret not selling your coins at any point because you didn't know it will drop ?

Can you share your opinion
I do sell my coin when ever I feel I am profitable enough, sometimes what makes us regret not selling off our crypto coin is greediness, so once I notice the market movement, I work with my own instinct to make decisions on weather to sell or not, but I am always sure I followed all social media channels of the coin I am holding so as to know the exact time to sell.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
February 12, 2022, 04:56:49 PM
How do you know when to sell? We had to feel the market sentiment and make use of our instinct rather than soliciting other opinions as these people are certainly don't know as well. It simply, they are also speculating the market just like you did.

But I have a tip for you,
Make the sell of your coins at a higher price compared to the price when you bought them. If you are not satisfied with the price, then make it hold until you've got it.

The problem with that strategy is that you will probably keep holding your coins as you always want more and more profit (greed). I always sell a little bit more than 50% of my coins if they have doubled. In that way, I have my investment back (+ a small profit) and the rest of the coins are "free".
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
February 12, 2022, 03:56:17 PM
Do you have any pattern that you see or watch in the market to determine time to sell your hodlings and take your profit ?

Do you regret not selling your coins at any point because you didn't know it will drop ?

^ I personally experienced this when I was holding my coins, because of thinking that the coin that was I holding was going to the moon and seeking more profit. Sometimes I am at the scenario of selling when the coins go down. And now I am learned, to sell when there is your profit no matter what or set a target profit and patiently wait before it will achieve and of course, in a right coin that you know it will never become a shitcoin soon. Because there is no exact time when is the selling time, to determine of course there should be your profit and or else, the coins in your portfolio that you have trusted that it will boom soon and not just because of the hype.
Activity: 214
Merit: 1
February 12, 2022, 03:33:23 PM

I decide upon my profit percentage. I usually set up the percentage to a minimum level and await for the trade to complete. I usually do not re edit the trade  and increase the percentage of profits. Once the trade completes / sold off, I look for another best coin that are in my list with price decreased. Have 3 to 5 coins in the mind and would keep shifting within these 5 coins. If the coin value goes down and i am into loss, I would either buy more coins with my spare amount to average but if no money to average, will go for a long term. I ll not touch it or will not sell them at loss.
You have a good plan for the trade. It was my happen in the past that when I set a price on order and when I notice I high speed rise then I immediately cancel that one and increase the price on the order which often came to me as a disappointment as the price when fail to reach my level then the reversal was also fast and I unable to cope to at least to get my previous price for my coins. If anyone will not do that greed then they will not face any lose and disappointment.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
February 12, 2022, 03:25:09 PM

I decide upon my profit percentage. I usually set up the percentage to a minimum level and await for the trade to complete. I usually do not re edit the trade  and increase the percentage of profits. Once the trade completes / sold off, I look for another best coin that are in my list with price decreased. Have 3 to 5 coins in the mind and would keep shifting within these 5 coins. If the coin value goes down and i am into loss, I would either buy more coins with my spare amount to average but if no money to average, will go for a long term. I ll not touch it or will not sell them at loss.
Activity: 2450
Merit: 329
February 12, 2022, 03:09:17 PM
It is very difficult to know what the price is like before selling a coin. If you sell, the price will definitely go up, this always happens to me Cheesy
But if you are holding it, the price starts to drop suddenly and sometimes you may have to hold it for years without selling. This is so annoying. If you want to make money, you must set target prices. When it comes to that price, you can sell the coin in your hand. This is the most reliable way Smiley
Just make sure that you follow what your target price is and do not be greedy when the market is rising and decided to hodl a little longer because this can fake you out and you will go back to start again. Worst thing can happen is the price can take longer to recover and you will get bored of waiting to the point your gonna sell your assets.

Patterns come in many forms, it can be the movements in the charts and there are patterns with the year or the dates. There are times that prices repeats if we compare it with previous dates. We can rely on them if we are not sure if what are the prices will be  and the most important thing is to not regret after you made an action.
Activity: 903
Merit: 391
February 12, 2022, 01:45:42 PM

Regret or greetful is something common in crypto trading. But all of it is depends on how our emotion can be affected when we doing trading. Like if we regret, just don't let it keep going and do something maybe to minimize our loss or strenght our heart so we are not afraid to hold the coin longer.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
February 12, 2022, 01:40:44 PM

No one can really tell you when is the best time  for you to sell , it is only you who will make decision when it is well suitable for you
to sell. You will know when to sell as the price gets increasing then  you will get prepare to
Sell it at the price of your own choice.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com
February 12, 2022, 01:20:35 PM
Most of us don't know when is the right time to sell even I would say it's not easy to analyze when is the right time to quit the trade so I always set the targets for my trades sometimes it hits sometimes I missed also but I don't sell it in loss I always believe in the holding. I would advise if you also don't know when to sell you should also set the target that is feasible it's not like that you set the target 10x or 20x that is not easy to achieve.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
February 12, 2022, 01:06:13 PM
Some indicators and help direct sales targets, but I usually use a simple way, by looking at the signal channels sent on telegram. Usually they give signals and sales targets, so they are not too dizzy.

Those things you mentioned is a group prediction or signal from other social media, but actually you can know when to sell your cryptocurrency through support and resistance of crypto chart, actually before you sell you have a target of 1 is to 2 risky rewards ratios, or 1 is to 3 and 1 is to 4, this is base on your target as i Stated before, so the summary of everything is your targeting point
Activity: 2212
Merit: 504
February 12, 2022, 12:01:16 PM
I have been always creating pattern to predict the market direction especially for bitcoin which is leading the crypto market. Once you can identify the bitcoin direction and you will able to predict the direction of crypto market. The market is very unstable at this moment and im always taking the advantage to do a swing trade in this situation. I never regret to sell my profit even when it was too early.
It caused by i care about how much profit that i got it from there. It's not only about how much you can make it from your tokens.
It's about to get regular profit from the market. I never regret even if this will increase a lot.
February 12, 2022, 11:54:42 AM
I will sell my coins when I reach the target I want I didn't research the trading chart as soon as the price was enough I thought I would sell it immediately, at the beginning I often felt regret because I was greedy and was always dissatisfied and in the end the price went down again, so In my opinion, make your profit target and if you have reached it, take your money immediately.

I think many hodlers too have regreted sometimes like you when they are feeling price will continue to increase but got disappointed never to know that was the top so far. Making a target like your decided to do look nice and to get off when it is time but that target also can be affected by greed to get more profit   Smiley.

I know their mentality at that time. They when are in the rising they think that now the price will continue to rise continuously and when they see a little back way of the price they think that it is a little correction and after that the rally will begin on its way again. But when a deep drop happens they regret that previous time.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
February 12, 2022, 10:34:28 AM
I will sell my coins when I reach the target I want I didn't research the trading chart as soon as the price was enough I thought I would sell it immediately, at the beginning I often felt regret because I was greedy and was always dissatisfied and in the end the price went down again, so In my opinion, make your profit target and if you have reached it, take your money immediately.

I think many hodlers too have regreted sometimes like you when they are feeling price will continue to increase but got disappointed never to know that was the top so far. Making a target like your decided to do look nice and to get off when it is time but that target also can be affected by greed to get more profit   Smiley.

Make the sell of your coins at a higher price compared to the price when you bought them. If you are not satisfied with the price, then make it hold until you've got it.

This is such nice approach. It is making of the mark of when buying and percentage of profit that is expected but sometimes the expectation is hardly reached before dropping.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
February 12, 2022, 10:28:36 AM

In some cases, my decision of selling depends on the capability of a coin but since crypto is too unpredictable, I usually set a target goal and sell my holdings when I reach it. Dealing and taking every market situation as an opportunity to take profit would be the wisest thing to do. That's why we're always advised to study about technical analysis so we'll know the possible movement of the market.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
February 12, 2022, 10:16:18 AM
How do you know when to sell? We had to feel the market sentiment and make use of our instinct rather than soliciting other opinions as these people are certainly don't know as well. It simply, they are also speculating the market just like you did.

February 12, 2022, 10:07:02 AM

I do not regret because I know if it drop and it is also the nature of crypto that it grow again. In crypto we get that opportunity again and again and know we are well aware of that nature of crypto.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 12, 2022, 09:58:57 AM

We have no control over the market, I have been a victim of wrong perception and false insight there's no use in regretting selling and not selling at the right time, this is market volatility and that is why we should only invest what we can afford, but if we are holding the right coins/tokens we have nothing to worry because at some point we can regain our losses and make a good profit, we just have to do a lot of research and follow the development of the coins in our portfolio.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 100
February 12, 2022, 09:53:04 AM
when you decide to sell there are 3 possibilities that will happen after. possible 1st possibility that the price will continue to rise, 2nd possibility that the price will stabilize at that price, and 3rd possibility that the price will fall down.
I personally decide to sell if the price of the altcoins I hold rises by about 7-10% in a short time. then I wait for the price to go down again to buy because after the price goes up about 7-10% usually the price will go back down for a while. but the 3 possibilities are still there because not infrequently I have to wait a longer time to buy again because the price continues to rise or is stable.
Pages:
Jump to: