Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you know when to stop? - page 84. (Read 37972 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 517
July 21, 2016, 07:13:43 PM
I separate an amount of money to play with. When it ends I stop playing. You have to beat the desire to put more money. Get out for a coffee, do an exercise and arrange something else that is very interesting to do.

Nice, that is a best suggestion, every person have to decide that they will not put all of the money they have for their use and their family, but they have to keep only a minimum amount for gambling and after getting fun at there come out.
Activity: 187
Merit: 102
July 21, 2016, 05:29:54 PM
I separate an amount of money to play with. When it ends I stop playing. You have to beat the desire to put more money. Get out for a coffee, do an exercise and arrange something else that is very interesting to do.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 21, 2016, 05:18:33 PM
I dont have limit or something but ig i feel the profits is enough iam stop it
if iam too greedy i will lose all better i come back again next day
Activity: 532
July 21, 2016, 04:54:32 PM
I have set a weekly limit of 0.05 and set a daily winning goal of 0.01.  Basically I started gambling when I have this fund.  The try my luck with dice, black jack or slot.  Once I depleted my 0.05 this will signal me to stop gambling for the week.  Or if I hit 0.01 win, I will stop and resume playing the next day. 
Lol I think no one people can be sure that you will profit or loss in gambling let alone provide for a profit goal 0.01 BTC in a day of play. I think it is a strategy that is quite difficult. because people can not be sure to win or lose in gambling dude. you cannot be sure of it
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1354
July 21, 2016, 04:41:17 PM
You need to put limits on you money so you can see how much money you can spend every day or every week.
If you manage to do this then you know when it is enough.

I'm sure almost all gamblers have the limit before they start gamble, but mostly they forget their limit when they are both on losing and winning. When they are on losing, they thinks "I need to recover it" and when they are on winning "Oh this is my lucky day, I need to play more to get more profit". This condition will make them forget to stop as what they have planned before.
Activity: 546
July 21, 2016, 04:08:30 PM
When do you stop? Do you have a daily limit or something?

If you must ask to stop then maybe it already is too late. xP

You need to put limits on you money so you can see how much money you can spend every day or every week.

Maybe it would be better to put a limit on your bets, lets say you kept a limit in your mind for winnings or losings like 0.01 and if you lost 0.01 then you will stop betting and even if you win 0.01 you also stop betting to make yourself safe from losing all again.

It is true. It is not as easy to do this. The temptation is great and the chase can happen on losses for desperation. Hard to stop.Maybe in some time this can work with disopline.

Limits work fine with me. If you have no discipline it's better to not gamble at all. In the end you will see you need both.
Discipline and the will to stop.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
July 21, 2016, 03:51:01 PM

If you must ask to stop then maybe it already is too late. xP

Maybe it would be better to put a limit on your bets, lets say you kept a limit in your mind for winnings or losings like 0.01 and if you lost 0.01 then you will stop betting and even if you win 0.01 you also stop betting to make yourself safe from losing all again.

It is true. It is not as easy to do this. The temptation is great and the chase can happen on losses for desperation. Hard to stop.Maybe in some time this can work with disopline.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
July 21, 2016, 03:35:46 PM
We have to set the target both way. Play in limits everything will be fine or else you will book the loses.
Setting target for both losses and profit must be a good idea. Being a gambler that I will agree to stop my gambling with profits but I will never agree to leave when I'm having losses with gambling. But many times when I am going for chasing my losses, I finished that day with more losses only.
Activity: 756
July 21, 2016, 03:04:33 PM

Activity: 798
Merit: 503
July 21, 2016, 12:19:42 PM
This is the very much simplest thing for me to do which is when the money I invested is depleted, without any returns then Im not moving any more funds into it in which in the first place is the amount of money I can afford to lose so, eventually when I lost it, then I stop, it could be within 5 minutes or 24 hours... my 2 cents...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 21, 2016, 11:16:24 AM
I do not have a daily limit, but I stop when I lose once or twice (depending on the amount). So, I stop when I lose because I do not want to lose more by trying to cover the losses. I do not want to lose an amount I can not afford to lose.
I also stop when I win (it also depends on the amount). If I win a bigger amount of Bitcoins I call it a day and stop until the next day.

Well you have a good control to yourself and it is a matter of self control. And of course someone is really going to stop if he is losing at all.

But when rage emotion comes in, you want to get back the loses for your bets. But don't allow it to happen.
but for me i think when i become out of pocket i know that its now time to stop. but such kind situation happen often and not regularly. because in routine i do gambling in a strategic and systematic way.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
July 21, 2016, 06:06:57 AM
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 21, 2016, 04:34:56 AM
I have set a weekly limit of 0.05 and set a daily winning goal of 0.01.  Basically I started gambling when I have this fund.  The try my luck with dice, black jack or slot.  Once I depleted my 0.05 this will signal me to stop gambling for the week.  Or if I hit 0.01 win, I will stop and resume playing the next day. 
That's one of the best way, setting goal and making stop zone. The only problem if you become emotionally unstable that you forgot your plan and urge yourself to continue.
Activity: 840
Strength in Numbers
July 21, 2016, 03:58:37 AM
I do not have a daily limit, but I stop when I lose once or twice (depending on the amount). So, I stop when I lose because I do not want to lose more by trying to cover the losses. I do not want to lose an amount I can not afford to lose.
I also stop when I win (it also depends on the amount). If I win a bigger amount of Bitcoins I call it a day and stop until the next day.

Well you have a good control to yourself and it is a matter of self control. And of course someone is really going to stop if he is losing at all.

But when rage emotion comes in, you want to get back the loses for your bets. But don't allow it to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
July 21, 2016, 03:57:05 AM
you mean you start with 0.05 bankroll wekkly and winning limit at 0.01 daily?
it is sounds like you will bust it all your money in first day.
i myself started with 0.2 bankroll and willing to earn 0.01 daily struggle to keep it win and stop play.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 21, 2016, 03:54:47 AM
Yeah I think that it is a good idea to have a daily limit because if you do not have any limits then you are just going to spend money left and right.
Set your limits so that you can exactly see when it is enough and when to stop.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
July 21, 2016, 03:47:37 AM
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
July 21, 2016, 03:41:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
July 21, 2016, 03:29:12 AM
I simple thing if you addicted to much then just carry a limited amount so that even if you lose that and want to play more you will not be able to play . But ideally it difficult for those who do not have control on themselves.
I agree, carrying small amounts for your bankroll might lead to stop your gambling after few rounds.
But when you are getting profits from your initial rounds which might make you to gamble more if you do not have how many hours of gambling or how many rounds of betting to be done for that day. This is usually happening with the every gambler like making profits in initial rounds and losing them at end of day.
Activity: 840
Strength in Numbers
July 21, 2016, 03:24:49 AM
We have to set the target both way. Play in limits everything will be fine or else you will book the loses.

Yes that is really needed to set up a target on what amount of winnings you must stop. And not just winnings but also loses too.

Because if you are don't know when to stop for sure you are just going to waste your time and effort and as well as money / bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: