Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 45. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 19, 2017, 03:29:09 AM
There is only one way to store bitcoin - COLD STORAGE.....

forget trezor, forget hw wallets, forget offline wallets, forget it all..

good old paper with numbers on them is the only secure way.
Activity: 241
Merit: 11
October 19, 2017, 03:27:01 AM
I am storing my bitcoin by the use of online wallets.  Grin I know that my bitcoins are safe in there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 19, 2017, 03:26:20 AM
I see bitcoin as a long term investment, so I keep them in the fridge. It is safe, and other things I don't need.
Activity: 395
October 19, 2017, 03:20:07 AM
It is always safe to store bitcoins on cold storage like USB drive, Trezor wallet, paper wallet or any other offline hardware wallet , your private key should not be shared with anyone by using the private key one can control your bitcoins. Trezor is expensive compare to that USB ledger wallet is inexpensive and safest wallet. It is not safe to store bitcoins online or in exchanges as there are high chances for losing your bitcoins. In desktop wallets if the computer is infected with virus attack you can still get your bitcoins from the backup of saving the private key in the paper wallets or in USB devices.
Activity: 154
October 19, 2017, 02:38:58 AM
My mix is:
70% in hardware wallet in external HD (with backup in  USB pen);
20% in 2 web wallet;
10% in 3 exchanges.
Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
October 19, 2017, 02:33:52 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I prefer to store it online since i have a stable internet and i am working at home. If you would like to use an online wallet then i highly prefer that you should use myetherwallet, I read different recommendations and most of the experienced traders are using M.E.W. to secure their coins.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
October 19, 2017, 02:18:13 AM
Trezor wallet is a great great way to store you bitcoins. But make sure you keep backup of all of your wallet and private keys. I myself don't owe a trezor wallet but planning soon to buy one in coming future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy
October 19, 2017, 02:13:28 AM
It's recommended to store a large amount i a cold storage that is accessible only to you, yet keep instructions somehow In The event of death or emergency.  I personally feel safe storing it in a wallet for which I hold the private key- like in blockchain.info.
* note * blockchain.info wallets don't automatically generate addresses with a private key given to the users.  So how I do it is:
I open a brand new wallet address in JAXX wallet then easily export it into the blockchain.info wallet via the web version of blockchain wallet .  Then, voila your own key for your own wallet. Cool.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
October 19, 2017, 02:07:45 AM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
I store  my bitcoin through putting it on a bitcoin wallet. The bitcoin wallet that I am using is the coins.ph. Coins.ph is an online bitcoin wallet in where i invested my bitcoin and from that i am also able to get so much money when i do transactions and gain and earn so much money.

Just use your coinsph wallet as an exchanger and for paying bills, yes you can still store your coins there but make sure it's not that huge because its not safe to store there as you don't hold any private keys and it means it runs by a third party.
And there's a lot of wallet to choose from so better not to use only one wallet.
Well it's all up to you like store at your own risk.
Activity: 504
Merit: 268
October 19, 2017, 02:00:14 AM
I store  my bitcoin through putting it on a bitcoin wallet. The bitcoin wallet that I am using is the coins.ph. Coins.ph is an online bitcoin wallet in where i invested my bitcoin and from that i am also able to get so much money when i do transactions and gain and earn so much money.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 12:21:23 AM
Bitcoin wallets store the private keys that you need to access a bitcoin address and spend your funds. They come in different forms, designed for different types of device. You can even use paper storage to avoid having them on a computer at all. Of course, it is very important to secure and back up your bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 29
October 19, 2017, 12:19:48 AM
My bitcoins are just at the bitcent degree but even with that, I maintain them in a paper wallet. I think it really is awesome that you can store bitcoins in almost every little thing even a piece of paper.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
October 18, 2017, 12:29:54 PM
I have stored my Bitcoin is in my Blockchain Wallet, there are lot of options you have like coin base Blockchain or in some exchanges like poloniex, Bittrex there are lot of platforms where you can save your Bitcion for long time and get the good profit from it with the modern era of technology.
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
October 18, 2017, 06:46:13 AM
We should store our bitcoins in online wallets which is pretty safe.I store my bitcoins in Mycelium wallet.
One of my friends who is a hero member in this sub forum suggested me to use Blockchain wallet.

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe is to keep it in cold storage which is highly recommended.
Activity: 476
The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE
October 18, 2017, 06:42:12 AM
I keep my bitcoins in the cryptichelp Blockchain.Info. I read it quite convenient and safe. It has a two-factor authentication system, double passwords, codewords, SMS-notification system. I like to use it.
Activity: 136
October 18, 2017, 04:47:28 AM

I store and hold my bitcoin through etherwallet to save more and more for the right time to when i need it. my one reason also is to wait the high price of the bitcoin.
Activity: 42
October 18, 2017, 04:22:26 AM
I don't know probably now because I'm a newbie bt I think I'll save it in my computer wallet . What do u think ?
Activity: 340
NEM <3
October 18, 2017, 04:17:08 AM
I Got a Good deal on a Trezor hardware wallet, so I’m currently storing all of my BTC and XEM on that. Does the job fine for now
Activity: 81
October 18, 2017, 03:55:15 AM
I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coin base understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coin base.
Activity: 112
October 18, 2017, 12:08:18 AM
- i put it on Exchanges
- in Bitcoin Wallet designated on your country
or have a trezor to have a private key
it better to spread it for you to have a good nigh sleep Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: