Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you think blockchain can benefit healthcare? - page 6. (Read 2488 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Harmony for One and All
So with blockchain technology growing and adoption coming quickly, we are obviously going to see large industries like healthcare, banking, and law enforcement begin to utilize the strengths of blockchain.

Curious your thoughts on how blockchain could benefit the healthcare industry and why.

A great use case that I can think of right of the bat, is protection of patient data, making it immutable once stored.

Blockchain technology can leverage the healthcare in terms of security by keeping the sensitive health records of various people in encrypted manner.

The people can decide to whom they can share the data.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Medical data theft is something that many people believe can happen very easily. As happened recently, in early 2013, this health information is not kept too tight. However, health information must sometimes be shared from cellular providers to treat patients. Therefore, there is the potential for this information to fall into the wrong hands when the transfer is made.

If medical records or other health information must be stolen, it is often used by thieves to extort providers in order to get money. Of course, it can also be a way for thieves to access credit card information or get names, addresses, insurance information and social security numbers that can be used in other ways.

So, how can the Blockchain secure this condition? Blockchain naturally, can secure the data, because the data is accurate and safe. Because it cannot be changed, falsified, or damaged without great difficulty.
Activity: 70
To answer your first question, I have no seen any current examples of blockchain application in healthcare. This article nails some stuff that is helps with, I just got some good stuff from it:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-information-technology/deloitte-3-ways-blockchain-might-improve-hospital-operations-by-2027.html
Yes like I said there are articles and fancy media coverage but the industry isn't just ready yet.

Replying to your second quote, patient data can be immutable and still be updated. Redundancy is always a great thing, and so is record keeping, and that is what this would involve. If the patients data needs to be updated, the new data will be stored, thus still having the old record accessible and unchanged.
That makes sense! But again the authority who is allowed to change the data must be verifiable publicly otherwise false data could also be updated.It isn't easy as it sounds to be honest.
Very true, not much is easy when talking about the healthcare industry...

But as blockchain adoption grows, many of these industries will benefit even in a minor way.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
To answer your first question, I have no seen any current examples of blockchain application in healthcare. This article nails some stuff that is helps with, I just got some good stuff from it:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-information-technology/deloitte-3-ways-blockchain-might-improve-hospital-operations-by-2027.html
Yes like I said there are articles and fancy media coverage but the industry isn't just ready yet.

Replying to your second quote, patient data can be immutable and still be updated. Redundancy is always a great thing, and so is record keeping, and that is what this would involve. If the patients data needs to be updated, the new data will be stored, thus still having the old record accessible and unchanged.
That makes sense! But again the authority who is allowed to change the data must be verifiable publicly otherwise false data could also be updated.It isn't easy as it sounds to be honest.
So with blockchain technology growing and adoption coming quickly, we are obviously going to see large industries like healthcare, banking, and law enforcement begin to utilize the strengths of blockchain.
Can you quote any real-life examples of the same? There are a lot of news and media coverage but have you ever come across a real-life hospital putting any of their processes on blockchain yet?

Curious your thoughts on how blockchain could benefit the healthcare industry and why.
A great use case that I can think of right of the bat, is protection of patient data, making it immutable once stored.
Patient data should be mutable man! What if the patient suffered a condition in the past that he doesn't suffer anymore? The data should be updated. Yes, we don't have to replace the previous record but definitely, need to update it.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
Can you quote any real-life examples of the same? There are a lot of news and media coverage but have you ever come across a real-life hospital putting any of their processes on blockchain yet?

Patient data should be mutable man! What if the patient suffered a condition in the past that he doesn't suffer anymore? The data should be updated. Yes, we don't have to replace the previous record but definitely, need to update it.

Pages:
Jump to: