Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you think the universe will end? - page 2. (Read 6734 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
October 17, 2014, 09:03:09 AM
Hmmmm.. Maybe a big freeze is kinda realistic compared to the 2.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 17, 2014, 06:03:12 AM
I don't think that universe will ever end.
If God, as creator of universe, is eternal, universe is also eternal.

This depends on what God has in mind.

God is tremendously great, beyond imagination. Making a universe like this one is something simple for Him.

Among the reasons that He does things is His own enjoyment. He enjoys when people freely interact with each other and with Him.

Since people in their freedom have resigned themselves to wickedness and destruction (at least some people have), and in such a way that it is in our genes (so we all have, slightly), God will destroy the universe at some time, simply to get rid of every taint of wickedness and destruction that is in it.

There will be a new heavens and a new earth, a new universe that has no wickedness or destruction in it. Some of us will be there, with God, forever.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
October 17, 2014, 04:32:57 AM
I don't think that universe will ever end.
If God, as creator of universe, is eternal, universe is also eternal.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
October 16, 2014, 06:46:19 PM
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
October 16, 2014, 12:19:33 PM
Not.
Activity: 30
October 16, 2014, 03:51:16 AM
the big crunch, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 16, 2014, 03:12:12 AM
"The Method of Science, the Aim of Religion"
legendary
October 15, 2014, 07:56:01 PM
Militant atheists will violently explode as they try and argue with religious people.

Then they will feel guilty once they figure out that they were wrong!  Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
October 15, 2014, 07:05:33 PM
I found the answer guys.  
The moment of 'The Big Bang' is when god multiplied the universe by zero. 'The Big Crunch' will be activated when he divides by zero. - will say someone (never)  Cool
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9216529
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
Activity: 30
October 15, 2014, 02:35:08 PM
Militant atheists will violently explode as they try and argue with religious people.
Activity: 51
October 15, 2014, 02:30:53 PM
2. Big Freeze seems the most logical. 3 sounds somewhat logical too, except for every atom being ripped apart.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 15, 2014, 02:07:51 PM
This user is currently ignored.

Please go away.  This is not a cult discussion.   Undecided

(You are probably too brainwashed to understand, so I just urge everyone else to ignore your nonsense too.)

So, just because someone is religious means they can't have an opinion on the matter? Was that comment directed solely at BADecker? Or were you generalizing all religious people as "brainwashed"? You do know that some of us "creationists" also acknowledge science as equally important. As someone who has a real interest in the universe and the physics at play, I personally buy in to the big rip theory as the most plausible end to the universe.

All religious people ARE brainwashed.  

any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion:

Science is a religion.

Says the scientifically illiterate, homeless, child molester.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 15, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

(You are probably too brainwashed to understand, so I just urge everyone else to ignore your nonsense too.)

So, just because someone is religious means they can't have an opinion on the matter? Was that comment directed solely at BADecker? Or were you generalizing all religious people as "brainwashed"? You do know that some of us "creationists" also acknowledge science as equally important. As someone who has a real interest in the universe and the physics at play, I personally buy in to the big rip theory as the most plausible end to the universe.

any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion:

Nice try, but your quote can be applied to any system of learning, including the education system. You know, that place where all of the scientists were systematically indoctrinated based on repetition and confusion. You can apply it to yourself as well.

You forget the part where theory is independently verified through experiment. If experiment shows theory is wrong it is replaced. Please show me which religious dogma is falsifiable and peer reviewed?
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
October 15, 2014, 02:00:12 PM
God alone has the power to end this world,

Which god are we talking about here? Shiva? Thor? Allah? Or any of the other, likely non-existent, ones?
Activity: 58
October 15, 2014, 10:52:19 AM
God alone has the power to end this world,
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2014, 09:55:21 AM

Science is a religion.
legendary
October 14, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

Since all religious people are brainwashed, when you want to determine which of them are brainwashed more than all the others, you need to examine and compare the evidence. Once you do that, you will see that members of the religon called Atheism (commonly denoted as "atheism") are more brainwashed than any of the more popular religions.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
October 14, 2014, 12:10:56 PM
I like playing with the idea that maybe this universe will make love with say, another one and create offspring universi :p

That would be the big "rip" then, or like Stephen Hawking's idea that each universe is like a bubble on a pond.  It's possible two bubbles can intersect and become one larger bubble.  We just need to think of a word larger than "universe" to describe what the pond is.

I was just thinking in my philosophy class today...wrote this down:

"universe sharing information with/awareness of another conceived (possible) universe is the creation of a new universe (in the multiverse) (at least, in our minds)"

(glad you unlocked this thread)

edit: perhaps indeed so long as there is consciousness, we can know the universe exists, as far as we could certainly know, at least. and even then, what isn't perceived as consciousness to us humans could indeed be conscious (say, possibly some conscious system reflected by the movement of celestial bodies together, possible playing with the idea of fractalization).
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 13, 2014, 04:50:37 AM
Nice try, but your quote can be applied to any system of learning, including the education system. You know, that place where all of the scientists were systematically indoctrinated based on repetition and confusion. You can apply it to yourself as well.

You're comparing universities where proven science is taught to a cult centre where you promote lies and say "Amen" one hundred times per hour?   Roll Eyes

I understand you are full of piss and vinegar from seeing all your brainwashed cult members earlier today, but that is a lame argument.

Let's continue this in more suitable "Scientific proof my god exists" joke thread.  

Pages:
Jump to: