Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you think the universe will end? - page 3. (Read 6734 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
October 13, 2014, 04:41:00 AM
This user is currently ignored.

Please go away.  This is not a cult discussion.   Undecided

(You are probably too brainwashed to understand, so I just urge everyone else to ignore your nonsense too.)

So, just because someone is religious means they can't have an opinion on the matter? Was that comment directed solely at BADecker? Or were you generalizing all religious people as "brainwashed"? You do know that some of us "creationists" also acknowledge science as equally important. As someone who has a real interest in the universe and the physics at play, I personally buy in to the big rip theory as the most plausible end to the universe.

All religious people ARE brainwashed. 

any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion:

Nice try, but your quote can be applied to any system of learning, including the education system. You know, that place where all of the scientists were systematically indoctrinated based on repetition and confusion. You can apply it to yourself as well.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 13, 2014, 04:26:05 AM

(You are probably too brainwashed to understand, so I just urge everyone else to ignore your nonsense too.)

So, just because someone is religious means they can't have an opinion on the matter? Was that comment directed solely at BADecker? Or were you generalizing all religious people as "brainwashed"? You do know that some of us "creationists" also acknowledge science as equally important. As someone who has a real interest in the universe and the physics at play, I personally buy in to the big rip theory as the most plausible end to the universe.

All religious people ARE brainwashed. 

any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion:
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
October 13, 2014, 04:16:30 AM

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 11, 2014, 10:27:29 AM
i don't think it will ever end, as long as there is human consciousness, so no more need to worry about those Big asteroids
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 11, 2014, 01:51:56 AM
How will the universe end?.. As humans we think the Universe revolves around us and what we know.  WE know nothing in the relative terms of the uinverse.

We are Inconsiquentional  life forms....we are a  bacteria, when we look at the universe as a whole. If mankind were to be erased we would'nt even form a distraction on the chart of the the universe or even register a single upward mark on the chart as a universe as a whole.

How would it end? Doesn't matter in the life of a humans prospective...We might as well be an an ant being stepped on. In the long run the universe ending is just another second in time.

That's true but it's not.  I used to think the same way, and it's correct that nothing true matters unless you make it.  But you are all that exists.  The universe truly does revolve around each and every one of us, your consciousness is the center of the universe as we project the image of reality from with our mind.

Humans can understand infinity if they reduce the ego's rational mind and improve the function of their creative spiritual mind.

Man may acknowledge no knowledge, but the god inside of you is all understanding and all knowing.

You are more than you could imagine.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
October 10, 2014, 10:45:23 PM
God and only God will end the existence of this earth, then a new one shall be made, and it will be perfect.

No idiots allowed.  This is a serious poll.   Undecided

You're the idiot for making a poll like that.

Big crunch, big freeze? I can't tell if you are trolling or not, legit.
Try a little education. It might do you some good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
Big Crunch and Big Freeze are explained in detail, but I didn't see any mention of any gods anywhere.

Not going to bother reading through more Wikipedia bullshit, I've learned enough lessons not to try and believe the garbage they put up there.
Way to defend ignorance. I'm certain you haven't read the bible either, yet you have faith in it.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 270
October 10, 2014, 10:36:01 PM
God and only God will end the existence of this earth, then a new one shall be made, and it will be perfect.

Try a little education. It might do you some good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
Big Crunch and Big Freeze are explained in detail, but I didn't see any mention of any gods anywhere.

Not going to bother reading through more Wikipedia bullshit, I've learned enough lessons not to try and believe the garbage they put up there.
I like boobies
October 10, 2014, 10:32:19 PM

October 10, 2014, 10:22:45 PM

No idiots allowed.  This is a serious poll.   Undecided

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 10, 2014, 08:05:32 PM

No idiots allowed.  This is a serious poll.   Undecided
October 10, 2014, 08:04:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
October 10, 2014, 06:14:22 PM
It's not the universe that will be destroyed, it is evil that will.

what's evil in Uranus?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 10, 2014, 04:18:54 PM
It's not the universe that will be destroyed, it is evil that will.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
October 10, 2014, 01:41:24 PM
if the universe compresses into one singularity and creates a new big bang

was it really destroyed?

there wasn't an end

it's a continuum
October 10, 2014, 01:14:08 PM
I say we will die by heat eventually weather changes so much we cannot go outside.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2014, 11:37:13 AM
It will just keep expanding at  a slower rate, entropy will keep building up and eventually stars will have used up all the fuel and all the lights will be out.

Very bleak future, but its billions of years away so unless we get a time machine to check it out its just going to remain academic.
October 10, 2014, 11:31:34 AM
technically when the last organism dies.  which is like a long time away.  and by that time, jesus.   who knows.  2.1 trillion years??  Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!
October 10, 2014, 11:28:00 AM
Universe? I dont think it will end. I cant imagine it ending. Earth, earth might end in a nuclear war.
I like boobies
October 09, 2014, 11:01:15 PM
The end of the universe will not be televised.  Grin

My favorite ending is someone turning off the switch on this virtual reality. And the laws of physics of reality might be different than in this simulation, so we can't very well speculate how that universe will end.
I too believe it is quite possible that we exist within some form of The Matrix. It may be that some highly advanced beings created an exact copy of the omniverse to serve as an archive, allowing them to experience it virtually. I could also simply be a program of an artificial brain running a simulation. Whatever the case may be, contemplating our existence seems to be a part of my programming which I enjoy exercising.  Smiley

Most people enjoy doing it. And fortunately so. What I meant by the last part of my answer was that reality might be so different that we can't easily extrapolate from what we know about this universe to find out how reality will end. But we should definitely keep trying anyway.

On the contrary, whether it comes from science or religion, I find most people choose to accept the status quo and actually find it a chore to use their brain. Fortunately, we are blessed by extraordinary individuals now and then and this is the only reason why we have managed to make actual progress every once in a while. Einstein said it best, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." I am in no way suggesting that I am one of these extraordinary individuals, just pointing out that people who think outside the box are not as common as you think.

I completely agree with what you say about the likelihood of our perceptions of the universe turning out to be different from reality. (In fact, all too often this has been proven to be the case.) The scenario I gave of the artificial brain running a simulation also supports this, implying that the laws of physics within its universe could be completely fictitious.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 09, 2014, 09:43:21 PM
Don't worry about it. You'll be dead before you notice.   Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: