Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you think the universe will end? - page 6. (Read 6734 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 07, 2014, 12:14:34 AM
Space is expanding at an accelerating rate. You've heard of the Hubble telescope? Hubble proved this expansion. Evidence of expansion lead to inflation theory, the big bang. The force driving the expansion, the so called dark matter, is stronger than the gravitational force of all known matter leading to the idea of the big freeze.

Expansion is quantified, it is no longer conjecture. Why though...

So I take it you are a big RIP fan, like me?   Smiley

Spagettification to quote Dr Tyson.
October 07, 2014, 12:13:56 AM
Jesus will return in view of everyone. The dead will rise. Jesus will judge everyone according to the deeds they did in their lifetime. Those who believed in Jesus will go to Heaven - the new heavens and new earth - other reality/other mega-universe. THIS universe will become the lake of fire spoken about in the Revelation, destroying everything, so that God can get His power that He put into it back.

Smiley

Eventually your kind will be extinct and the world will truly be a better off.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 07, 2014, 12:13:45 AM
Space is expanding at an accelerating rate. You've heard of the Hubble telescope? Hubble proved this expansion. Evidence of expansion lead to inflation theory, the big bang. The force driving the expansion, the so called dark matter, is stronger than the gravitational force of all known matter leading to the idea of the big freeze.

So I take it you are a big RIP fan, like me?   Smiley
October 07, 2014, 12:12:17 AM

Vod
legendary
October 07, 2014, 12:08:39 AM
From a philosophical point of view, heat death seams real, from a subjective point of view, doesn't matter!

Yes, I know it "doesn't matter", but at the end of each day, these are the things I think about while trying to drift to sleep, instead of who is going to win whatever game.  (Something else that doesn't matter) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 06, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
Jesus will return in view of everyone. The dead will rise. Jesus will judge everyone according to the deeds they did in their lifetime. Those who believed in Jesus will go to Heaven - the new heavens and new earth - other reality/other mega-universe. THIS universe will become the lake of fire spoken about in the Revelation, destroying everything, so that God can get His power that He put into it back.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 06, 2014, 11:51:47 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter... Drunkness?

lol - half the topics on this board don't matter.   Wink

So, true!

From a philosophical point of view, heat death seams real, from a subjective point of view, doesn't matter!
Vod
legendary
October 06, 2014, 11:49:36 PM
I like Stephen Hawking's theory that the universe we observe is like a bubble on a soap covered pool of water.  A bubble suddenly appears, then over time stretches out (Big Rip) and "pops".   An infinite number of bubbles are created and popped all the time.  
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
October 06, 2014, 11:43:58 PM
I think the universe expands and collapses, repeating this cycle forever. I've heard a theory where time follows a sort of cycle as well, essentially moving in a forward direction and then reversing.
Vod
legendary
October 06, 2014, 11:35:51 PM

lol - half the topics on this board don't matter.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 06, 2014, 11:32:41 PM
Vod
legendary
October 06, 2014, 11:27:02 PM
There are at least three possible ways the universe will "end" (subjective since ending relies on the human concept of time).

1. Big Crunch.  This theory says gravity will eventually slow the expansion of the universe and cause it to collapse on itself, eventually having all matter pressed into one singularity and probably causing another big bang.  Repeat forever.

2. Big Freeze.  The theory says gravity will not stop the expansion of the universe.  Since it keeps expanding forever, eventually all fuel will be used up leading to the heat death of the universe.

3. Big Rip.  This theory uses the "newly" discovered dark matter, which has so much energy the expansion of the universe keeps accelerating.  Eventually even the atoms in your body will rip apart as they accelerate away from each other.  Think of an expanding balloon with an infinite number of dots on it - each dot expands away from all others.

Which theory do you believe in?  
Pages:
Jump to: