Pages:
Author

Topic: How easy is it to sell an account? - page 3. (Read 606 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 494
Siga sempre em frente! always move forward!
December 19, 2023, 09:28:44 AM
It's not prohibited, but I always wonder why a person buys accounts and I only find one answer: scamming people.

The objective of participating in the forum is to meet people, network, and to do this you need to build image and reputation. All of this takes time.

And even for those who buy to use a type "password for the next level". I say: other people notice and your credibility disappears. End of the game. Not worth it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
December 19, 2023, 09:26:08 AM
So I'm wondering if there truly are account sellers. Or even buyers! Is this a liquid market?
I've seen threads where accounts where accused of being bought and tagged because members found that there is enough evidence that the account is no longer handled by the original owner of the account and I've seen someone admitting that they bought the account.

How much would someone pay on average for a M/Full M/Sr. M/Hero M/L account?
I don't think anyone really knows, as you have said, the offers you saw looked like scams.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
December 19, 2023, 09:22:40 AM
I was surprised to see that buying and selling accounts is not prohibited in this forum. But looking into it I only saw offers that looked like scams (based on the red alert that flags on top of them).

So I'm wondering if there truly are account sellers. Or even buyers! Is this a liquid market? How much would someone pay on average for a M/Full M/Sr. M/Hero M/L account?
The offers look like a scam because they sellers were tagged. If you go to service board and create such a thread of selling account, your profile will also be painted with red even if you actually want to sell accounts genuinely.

If I may ask, are there still clean accounts for sell? I guess some of the accounts for sell are accounts with reputational issues.

Do you think this post deserved to get 23 merits?, that's the first post of brand new user who registered in December 17, 2023. @OP is also a brand new user who earn a lot merit from his first post, so... do you get what I mean? Roll Eyes
Now, you have to beg Apocollapse to stop digging more. Maybe any post that has few lines of code in them deserves any amount of merits.
Activity: 924
Merit: 728
December 19, 2023, 08:29:50 AM
So I'm wondering if there truly are account sellers. Or even buyers! Is this a liquid market? How much would someone pay on average for a M/Full M/Sr. M/Hero M/L account?
Who knows? I don't know since I never buy or sell an account. But I know the average price for each rank.

Full Member : $1
Senior Member : $2
Hero Member : $3
Legendary : $4

I don't know if you're just playing a beginner who wants to give the impression that he's interested in these kinds of things, or if you have a tactic that helped you get more merits in a very short period of time than some others in a few months.
Do you think this post deserved to get 23 merits?, that's the first post of brand new user who registered in December 17, 2023. @OP is also a brand new user who earn a lot merit from his first post, so... do you get what I mean? Roll Eyes
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
December 19, 2023, 08:25:00 AM
Op, I take it your time capsule project didn't go well, is that why you have decided to get into account sale business? Lol.

Jokes aside, even though it's allowed, but it's frowned upon even to talk about it, so, no we have no safe method to suggest. Sorry. Besides, you are a developer, better stick to what really can change the world. Developing new things.
Unless of course you have also developed a dedicated auction system to safely do this?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
December 19, 2023, 08:10:30 AM
Is there a way to safely buy/sell accounts? A dedicated auction site or something? How is the transaction done?

If you had written something like this a few years ago, it would have been enough for some DT members to paint your profile red - and even now if you ask such a question, it is a completely legitimate question why you are interested in it - and the only logical answer is that you might want to buy BTT account.

I don't know if you're just playing a beginner who wants to give the impression that he's interested in these kinds of things, or if you have a tactic that helped you get more merits in a very short period of time than some others in a few months.
Activity: 308
Merit: 311
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
December 19, 2023, 07:56:51 AM
Is there a way to safely buy/sell accounts? A dedicated auction site or something? How is the transaction done?
Why even buy at all?

Account buying and selling is always discouraged. If any DT member sees anyone using a bought account he/she will tag that user instantly. I wouldn't even create such a topic and discuss about it.

Is there a way to safely buy/sell accounts?
It's like buying an activated time bomb.
Yeah, that's exactly the point. Why take the risk when you can rank up on your own, if you had the dedication and patience. Not worth the hassle.

Just look at yourself, OP. With just only 12 posts you were able to earn 59 merits. That is more than an achievement. You'll reach higher rank in no time.  Wink
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
December 19, 2023, 07:38:27 AM
Is there a way to safely buy/sell accounts?
Safe from whom, dishonest buyers/sellers? There is no guaranteed way, at least use escrow, that is if someone is willing.
Safe from investigation? Maybe, once purchased, don't use that account ever.
Most people who know how this forum works, they wouldn't consider buying an account. It's like buying an activated time bomb.
Activity: 26
Merit: 64
December 19, 2023, 07:12:10 AM
Activity: 462
Merit: 304
December 19, 2023, 06:12:28 AM
People are willing to pay a higher amount on any account depending on how much they feel they can make with the account before the account gets boasted.

If it's an account that has a name on the forum and it's kind of like almost every manager wants to enrol in their campaign, then it will have a higher bid on them, and people will be willing to pay thousands of dollars for it because they know what they will earn from it.

But there is one thing that people fail to undertake about an account and the reason why they tag a sold account here. When I build an account, I build it based on how I want it to replicate me here, so if someone wants to hire the account for something, they are hiring it based on who they feel is behind the account, so if the account changes hands, then the account will no longer be worth what it was supposed to be worth.

You can sell an account, but you can't sell the brain behind it. If you can't maintain the idea the original owner had on that account, then the account might be half useless unless the change is not noticed on time.
Activity: 26
Merit: 64
December 19, 2023, 06:09:03 AM
I was surprised to see that buying and selling accounts is not prohibited in this forum. But looking into it I only saw offers that looked like scams (based on the red alert that flags on top of them).

Pages:
Jump to: