Pages:
Author

Topic: How I lost my coin. - page 5. (Read 1105 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 21, 2018, 12:41:21 PM
One of the biggest  problems in crypto is security. In the crypto world there is no police and controlling bodies. Cyber crooks are not punished, so the number of them grows.
The protection of their means is a personal matter.
Do not neglect computer security!
Criminals are punished what it happens is that the nature of bitcoin and the rest of the cryptocurrencies make it very difficult to block them, once they have the money they stole you cannot take it away from them like you can with fiat, this is a great characteristic for those like us who believe in completely owning our money but criminals are abusing this feature of bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 07:29:26 PM
I do not think that it was made by someone close to you, most likely you have been hacked and you have on the computer would have installed some malicious software. In any case, I believe that you should protect yourself as much as possible, otherwise you risk losing everything.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 07:13:08 PM
One of the biggest  problems in crypto is security. In the crypto world there is no police and controlling bodies. Cyber crooks are not punished, so the number of them grows.

If you want protection then put your money into a bank.  Grin
I know it's funny but the point that the market is decentralized it means that nobody is governing it and it's more prone to scams and thefts and there is no one to protect you from it nor to punish the perpetrators. Sad but true.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
July 19, 2018, 04:14:26 PM
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
July 19, 2018, 04:02:09 PM
Damn. That’s pretty shit. Sorry to hear that, whoever you think did it you should confront as stealing is bang out of order. Maybe in future get a cold wallet to add a layer of protection
Activity: 308
July 19, 2018, 03:57:01 PM
Computer security first. You should understand that around us, both in real life and on the Internet, there are a lot of crooks and you need to protect yourself from this.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
July 19, 2018, 03:50:21 PM
Alas, you should not trust people when it comes to money. You must have a separate computer or laptop for work with crypto currency.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 19, 2018, 03:46:47 PM
I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

if you are talking about scam
Yes one time i here deal with a guy from Vietnam , that was mys mistake i sent bitcoins first and he sent fake gift card and run away with my money never come back to the account.
i will suggest to use Escrow service,

if about trading scams
BE safe while trading never your private key of ether with any website of google forms , if any asks sure they will stole your coins from wallet.
never fall into trap who says this coin will be pumped or dumped ,they just make money by publicity noting else believe me

. and one thing this is alt-coin discussion section you cannot talk about bitcoins here move your post to bitcoin section or scam one

Asides escrow services on bounty on this forum and ICO I dont know of any escrow service that can offer this kind of service outside here. Can you some please recommend?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 19, 2018, 03:40:12 PM
Oh, such stories I think is not less than a million, every day someone becomes a victim of robbery in the crypto-currency world. I also had this situation, and it happened in November or December 2017. Then I stole$ 2,000 worth of coins. When I went into my wallet and saw the transfer transactions and zeros on the account, I was just paralyzed a few minutes from what I saw. It was very sad and sad, because the money from the sky I did not fall and I was sorry to lose them. But then I began to study the security of their wallets and came to the conclusion that it is safer to have in the Arsenal of "cold wallet". In fact, a very convenient topic. the password can only be entered manually, it is not connected to a computer or laptop. However, if you have assumptions, that you robbed your familiar, then recommend you at all on the future go about how, how many and what you invested and that you have such a web wallet. Because people are different and do not always have all good intentions, so it is better to keep quiet about their money transactions.
This is going not become even more common in the future, if the people here are those that have a greater awareness about bitcoin and have a better understanding of the technology, what do you think it is going to happen when your average internet user begins to use cryptocurrencies? There are going to be many hundreds of cases every day about people losing their coins to hackers and scammers.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
July 19, 2018, 07:42:22 AM
I see numerous individuals loosing their coins since they were not that much worried about security. They imparted their record data to others. In this way, it is vital not to share account passwords and other data to anybody. In addition, it is important to have legitimate learning of doing exchanges.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 19, 2018, 07:38:28 AM
I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.
you know, when it comes to that, you must not let anyone to know your passwords and some important things, you should be the only one who has the only access to you account especially in your wallet, that will be the lesson for you, you must not let other people know about such information.
Merit: 102
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
July 19, 2018, 06:22:00 AM
I have not lost my cons to hackers. Most of my losses was as a result of poor trading decisions. I held some coins for too long until their price diminished to almost nothing.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
July 19, 2018, 06:21:55 AM

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.

At least you have learned your lesson. All of my private keys, passwords, seeds or so are safe and secure. I didn’t reveal this to anyone, not even my own blood. Not even my best friend and companion because these ones cannot be changed. It is one good thing about crypto that we should discipline ourselves in storing all of our important data and information. Just my two sats.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 06:15:25 AM
I suppose it is really hart to lose your investments so I try to be as much cautious, sometimes even to much.
Activity: 365
Merit: 101
July 19, 2018, 06:08:59 AM

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.
I can assume that the most important thing in this story is that you are caring your lesson from it, and you are not just disappointed and appattic.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 04:21:24 AM
your story can be an example for people to actually save a password without anyone knows, be careful to enter the web so as not exposed to phishing. but if your wallet was hacked correctly, can thieves not be caught by looking at thieves position through IP address? because my friend also been hit by a hack, but not in find out just he let his coins disappear.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
July 19, 2018, 04:16:36 AM
This is an experience for us to more careful with our asset, no matter who is your friends but you don't trust anymore with them.
I know what you feel, but I just can give you motivation to get more money in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
July 19, 2018, 04:14:33 AM
How sad for you, bitcoin wallet is really important to us, we should secure it in very private place, never ever leave your private keys anywhere, store it in very secret place. And also don't leave your laptops or PCs anywhere.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
July 19, 2018, 04:12:25 AM
It's a pity. But don't give up. Crypto will give you a chance to recover your deposit if you know how.
Araw ICO
July 19, 2018, 04:09:18 AM
A sad story I think many will be an example to not once give their data to even very close people
Pages:
Jump to: