Pages:
Author

Topic: How is Andreas Antonopoulos so positive that Dorian is not Satoshi Nakamoto? - page 3. (Read 3984 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Think logically would real bitcoin inventor  show in public? There is no way he would do that , he must stay anonymous for his own safety, so  i think there is no doubt that he is not "real" Satoshi Nakamoto.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
Newsweek wanted a big scoop for their relaunch.

The story should have been presented as a theory and not fact. I'm pretty sure the folks at Newsweek will be cleaning the egg off their face from this one for a while....

I like this theory better: https://likeinamirror.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-nick-szabo/

Regardless, the only reason I'd want to know who Satoshi is to say thank you.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Andreas has a least met the man. Spent time with him.  Took in his surroundings (possibly).
Dorian would have to be the master of disguise to fool someone to the point where they are 100% sure, when there is suspicion surrounding them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 294
First off...I don't think it is that important to figure out who Satoshi Nakamoto is.  That said, I heard Andreas Antonopoulos on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast the other day, and he was 100% positive that Dorian is not Satoshi Nakamoto.  (Great podcast by the way, anyone into Bitcoin should really download and listen to the whole episode).

Anyways...my question is...how is Andreas SO POSITIVE that Dorian is not Satoshi Nakamoto?  Andreas met Dorian the other day to give him the Bitcoins he fundraised for him, and said that he had to help Dorian setup his internet connection.  This, along with his speech pattern was evidence enough for Andreas to state unequivocally that Dorain is not Satoshi Nakamoto!

But, what if Dorian is just so brilliant, that he is acting in public as a more "dumbed down" version of himself? That wouldn't be so hard to do, especially for someone so brilliant to have created Bitcoin.

I've also heard the evidence where he stated "if I wanted to be anonymous, why would I have used my real name?" Well...maybe he created Bitcoin, and just never thought it would become so popular, and in hindsight wishes he DIDNT use his real name?

I would LOVE a response from Andreas Antonopoulos to this post! Because the truth is...if Leah from Newsweek was right about Dorian being Satoshi Nakamoto, than people like Andreas are beating up on her pretty badly for actually doing a pretty amazing job uncovering a mystery. I agree her evidence was circumstantial at best, and I agree that outing Dorian may not have been ethical (especially if he isn't Satoshi!).  But I have yet to hear a good piece of evidence to the contrary either!

Andreas...if you read this post...can you please clarify the comments you made the other day on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast?  You unequivocally stated that Dorain is not Satoshi Nakamoto...but the evidence you gave was as circumstantial as the evidence Leah gave.  Can you please clarify, this is bugging me.  Thanks!! You are awesome btw.
Pages:
Jump to: