Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 10. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
September 15, 2017, 02:52:30 AM
Well keeping the increasing popularity and value of bitcoin day per day in mind I think bitcoin has at least 20 more years before its downfall. Bitcoin has a bright future ahead which is proven by seeing the popularity it has gained in the recent years. Also bitcoin has a high potential.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
September 15, 2017, 02:43:46 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
I don't think bitcoin would just simply last up to 20 years instead I think it would become the global currency and it will be part of the everyday life of everyone. Many people are hoping for the better of bitcoin in th future and just like them, I do to. It would not crash for a simple problem because I know there are a lot of innovations that was made to handle large numbers of people.
Activity: 294
September 15, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
I haven't heard anyone yet telling about the estimate life span of bitcoin. As we can see it is very uncrertain, day by day things are changing and we should be aware of it. In my opinion, bitcoin will last till forever because maybe you can consider that it will sooner be part of everyone's living if and only if it will be legalized throughout the world and be claimed as the global currency.
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
September 14, 2017, 10:10:30 AM
Bitcoin will last for many years, because some people use it other forms of payments so think that bitcoin will ever go away, unless a new coin overtake bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
September 14, 2017, 09:35:30 AM
I don't think there's someone who can predict until when can bitcoin last because the value of it is uncertain. Meaning it sometimes go down and sometimes it goes down. Many people are hoping that bitcoin will prosper more so that they can gain the benefit of having good and high amount of income. Bitcoin's price is going down by now but who knows, maybe tomorrow it will go high again just like no one knows until when will it exist.
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
September 14, 2017, 09:29:25 AM
I think, no one knows how long will it exactly last. Twenty years is a long period of time, and based on the overall statistics of Bitcoin from the market demand, to its market value, I can say that it is possible for Bitcoin to last for that long. And after 20 years? Maybe Bitcoin is legal to most of the countries as a currency and will be accepted by local retailers of most countries in the future.

That is right. No one can predict until when bitcoin could last. Even bitcoin price decreases that does not mean that it could be last that long. When decreases the price might increase than you can imagine. Some become panic when they see that the price will not go up again and do things for bitcoin while experiencing that can be regret after realizing what have done. some country accepts this kind of currency and legally use for buying things and for payment on other services.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
September 14, 2017, 09:17:33 AM
As long as there is users of Bitcoin, and as long as Internet connection is available, I think Bitcoin will last for many years and also it will become even more famous and used worldwide. The price will increase surely and that's will encourage so many people to deal with Bitcoin in the future.

As long their people have an internet there will still bitcoin is might exists forever, whether it disappears in 10 yrs. or 5 yrs., bitcoin is people needed now.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
September 14, 2017, 09:09:51 AM
Spending bitcoin is done by digitally signing a transaction which transfers the value from one address to another address. Bitcoin won’t remain in the top spot for much longer, but it will play an integral role over the coming decades. Just be patient and trust bitcoin for our success.
Activity: 322
Merit: 116
September 14, 2017, 08:51:38 AM
I think bitcoin will still  be around for years. Proces can go up and down as usual, influenced by many factors.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
September 14, 2017, 08:49:05 AM
there isn't a limit on how long bitcoin can last. It will last as long as people will use it, it derives it's value for that exact reason - cause it's being used, it's therefore "useful" and has value

Yes the one that can make bitcoin last longer is the users, when a lot of people still using bitcoin, it wont be dead, and as long as it is useful and valuable people will keep on using it, for now bitcoin still stand strong, but in the future no one can predict it
Activity: 197
September 14, 2017, 08:12:51 AM
there isn't a limit on how long bitcoin can last. It will last as long as people will use it, it derives it's value for that exact reason - cause it's being used, it's therefore "useful" and has value
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
September 13, 2017, 05:50:19 AM
Bitcoin will continue to exist as long as there are computers connecting to each other over the internet. Simple as it sounds.
Yes, that’s true for sure. I’ve always believed that Bitcoin will last a very long time, but that doesn’t mean it’s taking the place of real currencies. Bitcoin will stay a long time, more than the 20 years predicted, I’m very sure of that.
Activity: 508
Merit: 254
September 12, 2017, 06:28:50 PM
I think it last long more than. Even if bitcoin value will go down, it still increases just be patient and wait, not only bitcoin, most of the digital currencies were unpredictable and the same has made users gain and loss big. so further it will grow based on the same and survive for a longer time as adoption a
Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
September 12, 2017, 06:17:24 PM
No one knows and no one can predits on how long bitcoin will be alive and kicking in the market,though bitcoins dominates todays market this will not last foreverfor sure and new currency will defeat bitcoin
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 12, 2017, 06:10:36 PM
Price will always depend on its popularity, based on supply and demand not its existence. I do believe that Bitcoin can last long since it’s till gaining popularity, still gaining users and investors. It will likely stay for a while until a new digital currency dethrones. But that’s still a long way down the road. And it will not crash at a random time. If it did, there will be a rational explanation for it. It can be a discrepancy or an outside environs fucking up with it.
Yes. There seems no such sort of thing which can demolish the future of Bitcoins. But you never know what will happen next. Looking at the way how it is gaining popularity amongst investors, it will be unjust to say that Bitcoin holds a dark future. It is just a matter of time that will prove us otherwise.
Well, there is always a risk of bad things happening, like government attacks and internal conflicts involving developers and miners. However, due to its decentralized nature, it is very unlikely that governments will shut down Bitcoin.

Regarding internal conflicts, the worst thing that could happen would be another fork, in which case the market could decide which is the best.
The problem with forks is that it weakens bitcoin, a fork in any other open source project most of the time is a good thing since you get two different visions of a product, and while we get that with the forks, at the same time, that takes hash power away from bitcoin and also creates confusion among people about which coin to back with their support.
Forks not always weaken bitcoins, some time they do help in making bitcoins famous around the globe. Bitcoins are very much famous in the digital world and I think people are not easily going to stop suing bitcoins because they have tasted the huge profits in the company of bitcoins.
A fork increase the public interest but I think it does it in the wrong way, besides forks like the bitcoin cash fork create a bunch of new coins and then people try to get advantage of this, so a fork creates instability in the market because people are trying to figure out in which chain to keep their coins and in which chain to sell, this is great for speculators but not for adoption.
Activity: 322
Merit: 253
September 09, 2017, 10:00:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the price of Bitcoin will rise and rise each year with a small crash in the middle of it.
When some bad news brokes, little holders have weak hands, panic sell, and snowball effect! But by panic selling whales will be able to increase their stash of Bitcoin at lower price  Grin. Since Bitcoin is designed to be deflationary then I'm sure.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
September 09, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
I think, no one knows how long will it exactly last. Twenty years is a long period of time, and based on the overall statistics of Bitcoin from the market demand, to its market value, I can say that it is possible for Bitcoin to last for that long. And after 20 years? Maybe Bitcoin is legal to most of the countries as a currency and will be accepted by local retailers of most countries in the future.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
September 09, 2017, 09:56:32 PM
I agree with you bitcoin will last forever up to a few dozen years, it will not be able to stop working abruptly because the current bitcoin is growing very strongly it may be recognized as a copper Legal money in the future.
Nobody knows how long exactly bitcoin will last, but probably it will survive in a couple of decades. We know that a lot of changes may happens in the crypto world in the coming days that may challenge the popularity of bitcoin, it totally depend on the community if bitcoin could be there choice. Knowing that bitcoin is well-known and very popular investment worldwide, a big possibility that this kind of digital currency will still exist and last for a long time together with some altcoins.
Activity: 55
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 09:26:21 PM
Bitcoin will last forever, unless we stop supporting it and I won't stop til  my last days.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 09:25:39 PM
Yes bitcoin is not going down after 20yrs becuase of continiously to grow the number of user and totally increasing the value maybe the price is going decrease sometimes but bitcoin will never end .
Pages:
Jump to: