Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 20. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 523
August 14, 2017, 04:59:07 PM

I would say to cash some out when it hits $1,000,000 but you might not need to since everyone will be accepting it soon.

What do you mean by you might not need to? First things first, bitcoin hitting that kind of zeros will take 50 years atlas. Though bitcoin is powerful it doesn't mean it will hit that price in our lifetime. Everyone will accept it and the price will increase thats okay but there will be limit for that too. Bitcoin will last forever which is completely different thinking but bitcoin hitting and getting accepted at 1B is very different stuff.
It is difficult but not impossible.
Bitcoins will definitely last forever but the time frame at which they will touch the specified amount is not known yet. Bitcoins are very potential and I don’t figure out any single reason for not touching this target.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
August 14, 2017, 02:55:35 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
i dont think so bitcoin currency of the future Its not possible to fall dead bitcoin a future investment not only that bitcoin replaces the virtual money in the future bitcoin is considered real money Iam job accepts payments using bitcoin
If even in the distant future Bitcoin expects a fall, I do not think that today many countries would start officially dealing with crypto currency. Many government agencies are switching to crypto currency technology and are trying to create their own Bitcoin. Therefore, I believe that the future of the future is a crypto currency.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
August 14, 2017, 02:52:52 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
i dont think so bitcoin currency of the future Its not possible to fall dead bitcoin a future investment not only that bitcoin replaces the virtual money in the future bitcoin is considered real money Iam job accepts payments using bitcoin
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
August 14, 2017, 11:46:21 AM

I would say to cash some out when it hits $1,000,000 but you might not need to since everyone will be accepting it soon.

What do you mean by you might not need to? First things first, bitcoin hitting that kind of zeros will take 50 years atlas. Though bitcoin is powerful it doesn't mean it will hit that price in our lifetime. Everyone will accept it and the price will increase thats okay but there will be limit for that too. Bitcoin will last forever which is completely different thinking but bitcoin hitting and getting accepted at 1B is very different stuff.

Activity: 314
Merit: 105
August 14, 2017, 08:30:35 AM
Well I think it will last long as long as we are here to support the bitcoin. I believe that we are the key for its success. And yeah, it could crash anytime but this will never be the cause of loss of bitcoin. Furthermore, I think in the future bitcoin will be widely and legally used in any kind of transaction around the world.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
August 14, 2017, 08:17:44 AM
I know it's out of context but just want to reflect my opinion. if each bitcoin costs $1,000,000 and the fee still remain around 0.0002 (after segwit activation) each transaction will take thousands dollars for the sake of confirmation, do you think that's a convenient way to pay? I think not, so, the acceptance of bitcoin if the price goes that high is utterly useless.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
August 14, 2017, 08:01:26 AM
Its not about how long bitcoin will last but its all about how the system is going to work in the future. The blockchain is continuously developing and new editions are upgraded within it to improve the way we are doing transaction or the way blockchain works.

If the concept of blockchain survives in the future then we have our crypto currencies safe and sound. The blockchain is the reason we are able to do decentralised transactions and we are the owner of bitcoin when it is in our wallet or any other forms of possessions. This is why bitcoin is working so smoothly as everyone supports it since it has taken giant leaps in the market. No matter what for people are using the bitcoin (profits, assets, storage, black market etc) but it is working just fine and that make sense bitcoin is going to survive for longer than we can imagine.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
August 14, 2017, 06:24:57 AM
With the recent pump bitcoin has a good future. Who said that bitcoin will never be at 3k, 4k ??

I don't know what was the reason behind this but I think that bitcoin price will reach at least 5k until New Year.
Maybe the pump is because of what happened after segwit .
It is the proof that bitcoin will last longer but we dont know only until when .
The price of $5k is too near i think it wil go more to $6k-$7 this year end.
Aim higher for bitcoin and in my opinion, the price of bitcoin will reach up to $10,000 until next year because we can see that bitcoin is getting a new all time high just a few minutes ago and that is the proof that bitcoin is very aggressive and riding the hype of bitcoin can result for a newer outcome that can help us to be better.
Activity: 659
Merit: 250
August 14, 2017, 01:10:45 AM
With the recent pump bitcoin has a good future. Who said that bitcoin will never be at 3k, 4k ??

I don't know what was the reason behind this but I think that bitcoin price will reach at least 5k until New Year.
Maybe the pump is because of what happened after segwit .
It is the proof that bitcoin will last longer but we dont know only until when .
The price of $5k is too near i think it wil go more to $6k-$7 this year end.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
August 14, 2017, 01:06:00 AM

i think that after crossing 4000$, it is now look like that bitcoin price will cross 6000$ before ending 2017. i think bitcoin will even then continue increasing.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
August 13, 2017, 07:50:04 PM

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
August 13, 2017, 07:49:44 PM
Bitcoin gonna last long than any other crypto currency ever will ,boy. It is gonna reign over fiat even though it's gonna take a few decades probably . But you never know it can happen before even we know it. I am gonna wait for it to happen, and hopefully this will make sure that world peace can be started with something that is not visible aka bitcoin.
Yes I agree, bitcoin will last longer than any other crypto currency ever will but i dont agree bitcoin gonna reign over fiat even though bitcoin can last forever because both have different way in use.
Bitcoin is going to win wide adoption but fiat is still going to be here b}for a long time too, many people do not feel any need to leave fiat despite the huge disadvantages that this entails, the only advantage that fiat has over bitcoin is adoption since you can use it anywhere but at some point in the future fiat will not have that advantage over bitcoin.
yes bitcoin is currently accepting through out the world and therefore bitcoin is now become more popular. hope that it will remain for ever.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
August 13, 2017, 06:17:33 PM
I believe that bitcoin will last for a long period. In fact,  the demand of bitcoin is still growing and the bitcoin price is still rising. Added to that, bitcoin is still not known yet worlwide. Therefore, more people are going to know and recognize it. It is not going to take a long time to be recognized by countries and people because bitcoin is spreading too fast. I have a high expectations that bitcoin will never get to an end and it will keep on prospering.
No one knows how long it will last, just like our life. It depends on how the community and the investors runs for it, if still be used by many then it will continue as it is. All our expectations and visions about bitcoin is something an imagination but if it is alive for a decade or more then much better because it is a big help for us who are in bitcoin for its promising profit we get.
Activity: 700
Merit: 255
August 13, 2017, 04:49:02 PM
Yea I have been trading a lot of what I have been mining lately for other coins that are just starting out in hopes of making a good sum of money the fastest way possible so I have traded my bitcoin as well. I hope to own at least 2 or 3 bitcoin in the next few months. I think bitcoin will be the new gold standard/dollar. Who knows what bitcoin cash will do haha but in its defense bitcoin transactions are pretty slow compared to some other coins.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
August 13, 2017, 04:32:18 PM
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
August 13, 2017, 04:28:48 PM
I believe that bitcoin will last for a long period. In fact,  the demand of bitcoin is still growing and the bitcoin price is still rising. Added to that, bitcoin is still not known yet worlwide. Therefore, more people are going to know and recognize it. It is not going to take a long time to be recognized by countries and people because bitcoin is spreading too fast. I have a high expectations that bitcoin will never get to an end and it will keep on prospering.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 13, 2017, 02:18:21 PM
No one would be able to say exactly that how much time would bitcoin exist.Bitcoin has already overcome lots of critical issues successfully and its price is also increasing continuously.May countries are coming forward even to legalize bitcoin.But after twenty years,when quantum comptuting would be introduced,it may affect the security of bitcoin and we have to just wait and see what happens then.
Bitcoin was designed to be anti fragile, bitcoin is very resistant to almost anything you can throw at it, many lost faith in bitcoin after the price went own in 2013 and thought bitcoin was never going to recover but it did and now all the people that trusted in bitcoin are reaping the rewards.
You are right, mate, bitcoin is too powerful, And i think that is just the beginning of bitcoin. Many people believe in it and trust it too much, like i do. I like it too much.
Nowdays many people enroll this community, and it become more larger now.
So we expect that bitcoin will be more powerful than ever and the price will increase a lot over the years. I predict that bitcoin will last many years, maybe 20 years or more.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
August 13, 2017, 12:28:43 PM
No one would be able to say exactly that how much time would bitcoin exist.Bitcoin has already overcome lots of critical issues successfully and its price is also increasing continuously.May countries are coming forward even to legalize bitcoin.But after twenty years,when quantum comptuting would be introduced,it may affect the security of bitcoin and we have to just wait and see what happens then.
Bitcoin was designed to be anti fragile, bitcoin is very resistant to almost anything you can throw at it, many lost faith in bitcoin after the price went down in 2013 and thought bitcoin was never going to recover but it did and now all the people that trusted in bitcoin are reaping the rewards.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
August 13, 2017, 05:05:57 AM
The market value of Bitcoin can crash at any time depending on what the investors want to happen. It would require a conscious effort from basically everyone invested in Bitcoin to crash the price, meaning everyone stops buying and people keep selling. That's the only way that they would be able to crash the value, and that's nearly impossible outside of variables influencing everyone to sell instead of hold or buy. As for Bitcoin staying alive for such a long period of time, it is possible if the community wants to stay with Bitcoin for that long, and so far it looks like the community is going to keep supporting Bitcoin.
And do you think the investors now of bitcoin community want it to crash the value. Perhaps, you know what price value of bitcoin so far.
It is almost 4000$ each bitcoin. It is shows that the community want it to make bigger and bigger. So, no one knows what could be price value in the near future all they said was just an speculation and perception only.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
August 12, 2017, 04:06:26 PM
It seems that bitcoin will continue to progress as long as there is an electric current and an internet connection as an access that can connect with bitcoin, the possibility of bitcoin will persist for the next few years, perhaps even until bitcoin becomes a legal transaction tool that can be used by everyone and in various countries.
Bitcoin needs two networks to operate, the internet and the electric grid and both of those networks are very resistant to any attack so even if bitcoin depends on these two networks I think it is safe to say that bitcoin is going to keep being here for the long term and if something happened that put those two networks at risk then we will have way bigger problems than bitcoin disappearing.
Pages:
Jump to: