Pages:
Author

Topic: How long have you been mining & what is your current hash rate? (+ bonus Q's) - page 3. (Read 9192 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6
Bought 3 Block Erupters for a hobby when they were cheap($15USD). Been mining with 1Ghash for about 2/3mo, already made an ROI.

Bonus question 2:
Currently mining on slush,  planning on switching to BTCGuild.

there is no reason to switch to BTCGuild atm.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Bought 3 Block Erupters for a hobby when they were cheap($15USD). Been mining with 1Ghash for about 2/3mo, already made an ROI.

Bonus question 2:
Currently mining on slush,  planning on switching to BTCGuild.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
I started mining like 6 months ago right before it got tough and it seems like everyone is catching on.  I did like 330 mh/s then I switched to doing some alt mining and then I have almost given up on it and just do it here and there for fun. 
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Mining scrypt for 1+ years 80KH/s - 20KH/s  Tongue

SHA-256 mining for 6 months. At my peak was mining at 3.1 GH/s, with block erupters. Decided to ebay these block erupters as I bought them for $7 and sold them for $50. My plan was to reinvest and buy a blad or 2 with that profit only to watch the price of blade double as well. $500 for a blade....hmmm just cant do it.
Activity: 42
started on 10/2012 with 3x 7970. just use as heater, I have water cooling so its quiet. In several month I found that profitable. upgraded to 10+ 7970 and several 7870s.
Now I have 1.2THs in bitcoin and almost 20Mhs in litecoin.
Draws about 20Kw

Is your 1.2TH/s just in video cards or is there an asic under the floorboards somewhere?

The largest GPU farm ever built would not be able to even approach 1.2TH/s (back when it was GPU and FPGA the network was only about 15TH/s).  Pretty sure all his cards are on Litecoin.  Bitcoin is left only to ASICs now.

That is what I thought, it just didn't seem correct so I had to ask.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
started on 10/2012 with 3x 7970. just use as heater, I have water cooling so its quiet. In several month I found that profitable. upgraded to 10+ 7970 and several 7870s.
Draws about 20Kw

Is your 1.2TH/s just in video cards or is there an asic under the floorboards somewhere?

The largest GPU farm ever built would not be able to even approach 1.2TH/s (back when it was GPU and FPGA the network was only about 15TH/s).  Pretty sure all his cards are on Litecoin.  Bitcoin is left only to ASICs now.
Draws about 20Kw

Started in November with 4 usb 333 erupters, after a week bought two v2 blades, then bought two more in December.

~40 GH/s BTC Guild ~.03 /24hr
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Draws about 20Kw
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
about 4 months, 1Gh/s. Mostly I mine alt-coins but sometimes I'll get some btc dust.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Decided to try 'cloud' mining I guess, been a week on CEX.io mining at roughly 10GH/s
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Ordered a BFL LS back in June and eventually wrote it off as BTC related growing pains. But, it showed up ~3 weeks ago so I was pleasantly surprised and couldn't decide if I was just gonna sell it on ebay or mine. Ended up mining, joined Slush's pool and it's clocked up to ~33 Gh/s. Brings in about .025 daily. Undecided Of course, I had bought quite a bit of mining shares w folks on here and that's going pretty well. It is fun having the auto deposit every week despite knowing that had I kept all my coins I'd be better off in terms of overall coinage.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
My current hash rate is about 1.5 TH/s. I make about 1 BTC per day at current difficulty.

Here are my current miners:
1 Avalon batch 2 at 82 GH/s
2 Bitburner 8-board stacks at about 375GH/s each
2 BFL Jalapeños at 7 GH/s each
2 BFL Singles at 60 GH/s each
1 KNC Jupiter at 550  GH/s

I started mining early this year with a BFL FPGA I got from a friend. The Avalon was my first real miner which was purchased in June I think. I've mined about 140 coins so far. The BFL machines were ordered in Oct of 2012 but didn't arrive until this Sept!

I have a batch 1 Hashfast on order (with an upgrade kit) and an upgraded batch 2 (Nov batch) hashfast on order too. Finally I have a KNC Neptune on order.

I mine on Eligius presently but used to mine on Ozcoin.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
March 2013 with a GPU  500Mh/s

Current hash rate? 0GH/s lol. Sold of my Jally and LS.

880Kh/s on Scrypt.

1. 4 Units of Avalon Gen 2 miners from Technobit. 96Gh/s total.  Grin
2. Was on slush's, d7 PPC pool and Coinex TGC pool. ca
Activity: 322
3 weeks

52gh/s

(technically 4 weeks, but the GPU mining was just a test)

Just curious.

*Bonus question #1: What equipment is ordered but not implemented?

-->I have another blade on the way.

**Bonus question #2: Are you in a pool? Which one?
-->Slush

I started mining in like may.  I have 280 GH now and its awesome getting the BTC steady income but dude.  I should have taken the money I spent on the piece of shit and bought bitcoin.  I'd be richer today.

Join slush's pool.  Slush is a genius and his pool is no frills. It's nice.

Slush actually introduced the concept of pooled mining.  He was met with opposition but he understood it all.  Slush IS the shit.

Yeah but through mining you avoid all the psychological baggage that comes with the specific cost basis when trading. I had a stock just post a 110% gain after moving sideways for two months. The decision to hold, close, or just trim a portion was very stressful. After all these years it's never gets easier for me to close when my targets hit. Much easier to dump losers, I enter all my trades with a target exit price but it doesn't make the decision any easier... So if you bought BTC at $50 what are the chances you would have held all the way to $1,000? I know I'd probably have dumped out too early to "lock in the win"- nothing worse than watching a winner turn into a loser, but watching something continue higher the day following a sale sucks almost as much. What I enjoy about mining is that it's just plain interesting, but also it makes cost basis seem completely irrelevant. My position feels more long-term without the added pressure on timing the market for a specified gain or fear of not recognizing a sell-off only to be stuck holding an empty bag later. We've got our gear, we pay a little extra to the electric company, and we build a BTC position built up steadily over time; something I kinda prefer about that arrangement.

I understand this sentiment for sure.  The miner I bought certainly paid out in fiat and then some.  Sounds fine to me.  KNCminer was profession and sort of timely as well.  Their next 20 nm product is $13k.  Are you going to go for it?  

Too rich for my blood, no chance for me... I'm just a hobby status.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
http://altoidnerd.com
3 weeks

52gh/s

Just curious.

-->Slush

I started mining in like may.  I have 280 GH now and its awesome getting the BTC steady income but dude.  I should have taken the money I spent on the piece of shit and bought bitcoin.  I'd be richer today.

Slush actually introduced the concept of pooled mining.  He was met with opposition but he understood it all.  Slush IS the shit.

Yeah but through mining you avoid all the psychological baggage that comes with the specific cost basis when trading. I had a stock just post a 110% gain after moving sideways for two months. The decision to hold, close, or just trim a portion was very stressful. After all these years it's never gets easier for me to close when my targets hit. Much easier to dump losers, I enter all my trades with a target exit price but it doesn't make the decision any easier... So if you bought BTC at $50 what are the chances you would have held all the way to $1,000? I know I'd probably have dumped out too early to "lock in the win"- nothing worse than watching a winner turn into a loser, but watching something continue higher the day following a sale sucks almost as much. What I enjoy about mining is that it's just plain interesting, but also it makes cost basis seem completely irrelevant. My position feels more long-term without the added pressure on timing the market for a specified gain or fear of not recognizing a sell-off only to be stuck holding an empty bag later. We've got our gear, we pay a little extra to the electric company, and we build a BTC position built up steadily over time; something I kinda prefer about that arrangement.

I understand this sentiment for sure.  The miner I bought certainly paid out in fiat and then some.  Sounds fine to me.  KNCminer was profession and sort of timely as well.  Their next 20 nm product is $13k.  Are you going to go for it? 
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Mining since June 2013, started with one ASICMINER Block Erupter USB.  Have now expanded to:
9 x ASICMINER Block Erupter USB
1 x Butterfly Labs 7 GH/s ASIC Miner
3 x Butterfly Labs 60 GH/s ASIC Miner
1 x KncMiner Jupiter ASIC Miner

Total hashrate: ~730 GH/s (it varies a bit)

On pre-order:
1 x Bitmine CoinCraft Rig 2 TH/s
1 x KnCMiner Neptune ASIC Miner

Are you reinvesting profits from mining or are you adding new capital?
Adding new capital. The only BTC I spent on my rig was to purchase custom end-plates for the BFL 60 GH/s miners - for reduced noise and lower temps. 
3 weeks

52gh/s

Just curious.

-->Slush

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
http://altoidnerd.com
3 weeks

52gh/s

Just curious.

-->Slush

Slush actually introduced the concept of pooled mining.  He was met with opposition but he understood it all.  Slush IS the shit.
Is there a source that reports the average hash rate per miner? Seems like a lot of big dogs hang on this forum, curious what the avg is...

I assume your saying per miner as in "user" and not hardware.

That would be an interesting bit of information.

Yes, per user... Even within a pool this would be interesting, kinda wish they provided stats like this. I mean, within a pool we just need to divide the total hash by the number of user accounts. Do any pools share the amount of members they have? It's odd because I've been trying to find this info for a while and haven't had any luck. No scientific approach, basically been searching Google for "decent hash rate Bitcoin" and "average hash rate Bitcoin" etc etc.

Kinda felt like I wasn't too shabby until responses started coming through so much higher. I'd love to see a mean hash value from a random sample. Maybe a poll on these forums would encourage more responses because it's quick and anonymous...
Pages:
Jump to: