Pages:
Author

Topic: How long have you been mining & what is your current hash rate? (+ bonus Q's) - page 4. (Read 9192 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Mining since June 2013, started with one ASICMINER Block Erupter USB.  Have now expanded to:
9 x ASICMINER Block Erupter USB
1 x Butterfly Labs 7 GH/s ASIC Miner
3 x Butterfly Labs 60 GH/s ASIC Miner
1 x KncMiner Jupiter ASIC Miner

Total hashrate: ~730 GH/s (it varies a bit)

On pre-order:
1 x Bitmine CoinCraft Rig 2 TH/s
1 x KnCMiner Neptune ASIC Miner

Are you reinvesting profits from mining or are you adding new capital?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Mined BTC from around Feb 2012 - ASIC release.

Started with 400 M/H, ended up with around 1200 M/H.

Mining LTC with 1800 K/H now.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Is there a source that reports the average hash rate per miner? Seems like a lot of big dogs hang on this forum, curious what the avg is...

I assume your saying per miner as in "user" and not hardware.

That would be an interesting bit of information.
Activity: 322
Is there a source that reports the average hash rate per miner? Seems like a lot of big dogs hang on this forum, curious what the avg is...
LOL how many months lost?

Close to a year from what I could tell.  Cry
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Mining since June 2013, started with one ASICMINER Block Erupter USB.  Have now expanded to:
9 x ASICMINER Block Erupter USB
1 x Butterfly Labs 7 GH/s ASIC Miner
3 x Butterfly Labs 60 GH/s ASIC Miner
1 x KncMiner Jupiter ASIC Miner

Total hashrate: ~730 GH/s (it varies a bit)

On pre-order:
1 x Bitmine CoinCraft Rig 2 TH/s
1 x KnCMiner Neptune ASIC Miner
Activity: 13
Hi,

I started GPU mining in early 2012. In September 2012 I ordered a BFL 30GH/s Little Single that was delivered in September 2013 (somewhat ironically, about 8 hours after I left on a 10 day trip...).

I decided to sell that on eBay in October (mainly because of the difficulty going up ~40% per 10-12 days). I got $AU1125 for it (more than I paid), but I bought a 96GH/s BitBurner Fury on eBay a couple of days later for $AU1,575, and that is my current capacity.

No plans to upgrade at the moment.

Cheers.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
started in 8/2011 with two 6850's (I think). Left them alone for a little more then 2 years until one of them started making nasty fan noise. Connected a monitor to it only to find that it had BSOD'd A LONG TIME AGO (according to btcguild).

That was maybe 650Mh's... I've since upgraded to a little over a TH's.
LOL how many months lost?
started in 8/2011 with two 6850's (I think). Left them alone for a little more then 2 years until one of them started making nasty fan noise. Connected a monitor to it only to find that it had BSOD'd A LONG TIME AGO (according to btcguild).

That was maybe 650Mh's... I've since upgraded to a little over a TH's.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Been mining since april 2011.  Started with a single Radeon 5830 and made 1 BTC every 5 days. Grin

Now have about 200Gh of various ASICs and make about the same. Tongue  Stopped in 2012 because of BTC price dip.

Make most bitcoin now by trading.
I've been at this around a month now.  Managed to lay hands on an 8GH/s BFL Jalapeno for around $300 on eBay before BTC shot up and everyone tripled their prices.  Less than a week ago I picked up two TAV RedHash units and am now cruising along at around 225GH/s or so total.

I've toyed with the idea of a Prospero X-3, but have yet to pull the trigger (although leaning heavily in that direction).

As far as pools are concerned, I'm in the process of a few 24 hour test runs across multiple pools (Ghash.io yesterday, BTC Guild as we speak, then Slush and some of the smaller ones to follow).  Looking to see which averages out the best.  I know there is a tremendous amount of luck involved, and fees play into the equation as well, but just conducting more of a rough, non-scientific baseline so I know to some degree that I am maximizing my mining time.

Managed to pull right around .14BTC from a 24 hour run at Ghash yesterday and I'm tracking a little behind that with BTC Guild today (although only halfway through the run).

Nice! I picked up a BFL Jally that does a steady 7.5gh/s, did local pickup on Ebay for $260. Despite the reputation they built from the late shipments, I've gotta say I like the BFL unit a lot. It looks clean, was a breeze to setup, and it's been super-reliable. Just got another blade so I am pushing a little over 60gh/s now. Please keep us updated on your pool research. Have you considered a shot at solo-mining? One of my rigs found a block with a pool, it got me considering mining solo on holidays or just now and then to play the odds... But I guess there's always SatoshiDICE if I'm feeling lucky, better than scratch-tickets I guess  Grin

Good luck!
Activity: 24
I've been at this around a month now.  Managed to lay hands on an 8GH/s BFL Jalapeno for around $300 on eBay before BTC shot up and everyone tripled their prices.  Less than a week ago I picked up two TAV RedHash units and am now cruising along at around 225GH/s or so total.

I've toyed with the idea of a Prospero X-3, but have yet to pull the trigger (although leaning heavily in that direction).

As far as pools are concerned, I'm in the process of a few 24 hour test runs across multiple pools (Ghash.io yesterday, BTC Guild as we speak, then Slush and some of the smaller ones to follow).  Looking to see which averages out the best.  I know there is a tremendous amount of luck involved, and fees play into the equation as well, but just conducting more of a rough, non-scientific baseline so I know to some degree that I am maximizing my mining time.

Managed to pull right around .14BTC from a 24 hour run at Ghash yesterday and I'm tracking a little behind that with BTC Guild today (although only halfway through the run).
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Well I started at 100 MHash/s Cheesy Didn't made much. So I bought some mining device.. Long time ago like 2 months Cheesy Don't remember what kind of though.. Then I got about 1 GHash/s But eventually got bored sold that device ... And ended things with BTC and here I am again
3 weeks (early Nov)

52gh/s

(technically 4 weeks, but the GPU mining was just a test)

Just curious.

*Bonus question #1: What equipment is ordered but not implemented?

-->I have another blade on the way.

**Bonus question #2: Are you in a pool? Which one?
-->Slush
Pages:
Jump to: