Pages:
Author

Topic: How long it will take for altcoins to become popular? - page 4. (Read 1111 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 100
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

Maybe altcoins will become popular within 3 years from now?
if the altcoin is able to defeat the popularity of bitcoin it might be easy to be famous, such as having progress in developing projects and having good programs. the large number of investors that enter will make it easier for altcoins to be famous because they have good prices on the market.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
even the bitcoin itself also remains a foreign thing if viewed with global. good crypto bitcoin and altcoin incoming workers enough time to properly be widely known in the world. However, it is for the moment a lot of juxtaposed know is bitcoin it is great and the only coins.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
For altcoin, it can become popular, of course, it takes a while, because many types of altcoins are circulating, of course, a good and strong altcoin that will be more popular compared to other altcoins for the future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
This is really an interesting question . A lot of factors are actually at play here . Government have a lot of role to play abd with government near belligerence it will actually take a lot of time to make altcoins popular 
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour, link below at signature.
if people don't feel the benefits of alt, then alt will not be popular. therefore the education about crypto must begin, I personally have done it and started teaching it to family, friends and creating a small community in my city. I hope there are many events organized by crypto developers or experts, especially in countries that are not familiar with crypto.

That is what a crypto enthusiast would normally do, share and teach to their closest people. And nowadays we can see a lot of material available for sharing to people that never have seen that type of content, but for sure something in our culture is the lack of the sharing habit, in order to share things that matter like crypto.
It does not depend on us. No one wants to invest in it is not clear what kind of altcoin. The team must do a great job to make their token relevant.

Once a person identifies the potential, possibility or finds a real use of a specific altcoin then that is the moment that an altcoin has a new investor or supporter. It is all about believing in the idea, project, potential.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

Nowadays, it can't be deny that there are lot of altcoins in the market. All of them also has an opportunity to become popular whether in good terms or not. But in my assessment only few of the altcoins only can able to survive in the market and those are belong to top 20 altcoins in the market as well, but this is just base in my opinion.
All people know about bitcoin because big players need everyone to know about bitcoin and as a result everyone bought bitcoin half a year ago and now suffers from it and other people have earned it !

And probably history will repeat again, in the same way, another bull run will bring another bunch of people buying it, just the way how economies behave.
Bitcoin is very popular among all cryptos because it was the first but it takes time for bitcoin become very known because of it skyrocketed price last year, for altcoins I think it will now depends on their marketing strategies if they were advertise daily maybe they get notice easily within a year only.

Good point! skyrocket is what help altcoins to become popular among others! and the good features will support it to keep its value.
Activity: 539
Merit: 20
A lot of altcoins will be reset in the long term.  Currently, the only thing they do in the market is the business IOS application and Andorid application. And if they can. Smiley When you look at road maps, you see that the only purpose without any goal is the incapable projects that are listed in the stock exchanges.
Hopefully one day, people who really have their goals, enter this market and start to come out of projects that are now doing beautiful things.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104

Yes, it will take at least three years. On the one hand, ICO projects have evolved over the years and after some time they will start showing themselves. On the other hand, while the Altcoins will not give real results in practice, improving our lives, until then, people will not pay special attention to them. Therefore, another three years and will pass.
Which altcoins there are many alts never will be popular as they die afther 2-3 months and havent any usability so but from other side couldbe other goods cant make big prmotion as havent so much money for examle Onion is good alt for me but its not so famaous as It was not ICO so no so much money to pay big exchanges to be listed.

Indeed ONION is a good altcoin as you say, it needs mass adoption like many others. However, the community is helping the project to expand every day with daily tasks on VoteCentral :-)
We can not foresee this time but rather Altcoin becoms mainstream need to hold up longer . I think the not so distant future each one will start to find out about Altcoin , yet all news talks just about Bitcoin and never talk about Altcoins .

They don't talk about altcoin because most of the media workers they just say whatever they hear about the very basics of bitcoin, if they haven't discovered the potential of blockchain then they are more likely to think that bitcoin is just like paypal!!
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
No matter if a project/altcoin is the greatest, without marketing it doesn't exist, as people don't know about it. This is why if very hard for an altcoin to become as popular as Bitcoin, as it has 10 years of being the "King of crypto" and specially in a long bearish market this is hard to be changed.
Aren't they already popular ?

I mean I believed there was a lot of new coins that came out became very important and there are some older coins that became huge as well. "Altcoin" is not just new obscure small coin, its all coins that are not bitcoin, hence even ethereum and binance bnb is altcoin.

Considering there are billions of dollar going through binance doors every single day it would be wise to say bnb has been used and popular among people a lot, thats 25+ billion dollars per month all exchanging hands with fee's paid in BNB instead of bitcoin.

On the other hand when we think about ethereum we already moved past the small coin levels already, anybody who knows ethereum exists already knows how big ethereum is as well. There are governments who work with ethereum blockchain projects. Hence, altcoins are not getting popular, they ARE popular if you ask me.

37 million Binance's trading volume for the last past 24 hours
Yes, altcoins in some way are popular. but more popular between the crypto community, and not outside worldwide with the "normal people" or non-crypto people.
I think alternate coins are being popular but not as popular as bitcoin. The fact that you will only know alternate coins if you already invested on bitcoin or you worked for bounties. Same thing happens to me so I think its the same to majority of us. Only a few will take risk on crypto currency without investing on bitcoin first. Maybe we can give alts more time. 5 years will be enough to gain the same popularity as bitcoin.

5 years from now or from when?

I am sure that next year's altcoin will become popular, because now many people have conducted seminars to introduce cryptocurrency in several cities,
so that makes a lot of people know about cryptocurrency, then that makes people not only know about Bitcoin, but they also know about altcoin, so that makes altcoins become popular and I'm sure that the price of cryptocurrency will slowly increase.

worldwide? or USA?
In 3 years or after 3 years maybe altcoins is not only become popular and for sure altcoins become very high the value like a lot of the coins now who are 1 digit become hundred of dollars price each and other becone thousand dollars so it will become in the whole world for sure.

Sure! and maybe some altcoins can even have a value of 2BTC per that coin :-) all will depend on how is its adoption and usability!!
My honest opinion is that only 1% of altcoins will survive and prosper. The rest will just crash and burn and be forgotten. Ethereum is technically an altcoin and it's already popular. The more legitimate a project is, the faster it'll be discovered.

There we will see some merging/ synergy between different blockchain projects, to get stronger and the ones offering useful features will survive!!
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
Altcons, too, will be able to gain popularity. But for this it is necessary to increase people's knowledge about crypto. Some projects will achieve the use of crypto in real life and then altcoins will be as well-known as bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: