Pages:
Author

Topic: How long it will take for altcoins to become popular? - page 6. (Read 1111 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
I began to think that this was a very difficult year for cryptocurrency, even though some companies have started to adopt and implement cryptocurrency on their platforms, but many obstacles have arisen especially regarding regulation and security systems
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
My honest opinion is that only 1% of altcoins will survive and prosper. The rest will just crash and burn and be forgotten. Ethereum is technically an altcoin and it's already popular. The more legitimate a project is, the faster it'll be discovered.

Yeah )
I would say even less than 1% of current altcoins will survive. But others will take their place and the total number of coins will be relatively the same.
And yes, our main task is to find those project which will remain and will develop over time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
keyTango
Some Altcoins have long been very popular, these are the coins I have heard for a long time - Ethereum, NEO, Cardano, EOS and others, but for the remaining thousands of coin types, popularity can only come after many years when they occupy their niche the market.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
Why three years?

There is no doubt that altcoins are getting popular but I think three years is just too short for them to become as popular as bitcoin. I do not want to put any time table on that. They'll probably have to generate a lot of negative news since it's the story that really sells.
oho
Activity: 490
Investing in the future development of blockchain
It all depends on advertising on public sites! At the moment, no one will advertise, because altcoins are not ready for introduction into our life! The second reason for ignorance regarding altcoins is that major players have not bought them yet in order to sell them to real users!
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

Maybe altcoins will become popular within 3 years from now?

Cryptocurrency is now quite popular. I do not doubt that the number of altcoins will grow. I hope we will see unique projects that will bring a large profit. Yes 3 I think in 3 years it will be clear what is happening with the market.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
Aren't they already popular ?

I mean I believed there was a lot of new coins that came out became very important and there are some older coins that became huge as well. "Altcoin" is not just new obscure small coin, its all coins that are not bitcoin, hence even ethereum and binance bnb is altcoin.

Considering there are billions of dollar going through binance doors every single day it would be wise to say bnb has been used and popular among people a lot, thats 25+ billion dollars per month all exchanging hands with fee's paid in BNB instead of bitcoin.

On the other hand when we think about ethereum we already moved past the small coin levels already, anybody who knows ethereum exists already knows how big ethereum is as well. There are governments who work with ethereum blockchain projects. Hence, altcoins are not getting popular, they ARE popular if you ask me.
Activity: 510
I think there is no specific time for altcoin to gain is popularity, some may be less than three years while some may be more than three years. It depends on the project.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
I'm not sure that in three years we will all be able to pay in cryptocurrencies in every store, but I have no doubt that in some time this will happen. Everything is moving towards this - the world is becoming digital and in a few decades, we will not even imagine that everything could be somehow else.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 264
We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

I think altcoin needs to get some really different use case than bitcoin and get on some Tv news , i believe first alts to get recognized will be the Estate ones , money lending and invoice factoring . Just my opinion , i dont guarantee it will happen =D
Activity: 551
of course, they will! when all developments will be completed and altcoins will be ready for real use.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
It depends on the alternative coin you are talking. there is some project that is really popular and been sold-out.
there are few who gets support from a different country which made them well known.
CENTRA is very popular due to marketing and promotion of FLOYD MAYWEATHER.
GCOX got their popularity from celebrities and boxing ICO Manny Pacquiao.
PAC token is known in many countries even the ICO is not yet released because it is a coin of PACMAN (Pacquiao).
It depends on the marketing of the ICO or the person who will promote it.
Activity: 364
There is no time frame for the popularity of coins so many altcoins are successfully trading with out any problem but as we see that whole market is affected so the value of altcoins also down and it is good for me to make investment in these days here now if we see the risk is high the return is also high and it is very common that altcoin is less iin value than bitcoin but soon altcoin will take high value.
Activity: 168
Altcoin is just the generic name of the coins alternative and in altcoin there are many different types of altcoin. The amount of altcoin present is so great and I think not many of them will become popular.
Activity: 608
All people know about bitcoin because big players need everyone to know about bitcoin and as a result everyone bought bitcoin half a year ago and now suffers from it and other people have earned it !
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
ALT has been popular and maybe more popular 5 years later but surely there will be a lot of breakthroughs in new projects,now there are so many ALT in the market maybe 5 years later the increase will be even greater well there will also be shitcoin which causes problems like now.
Activity: 736
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

To make the world of cryptocurrency more popular. We need a green wave. Which will attract new investors and new users. Perhaps 3-5 years we will need to make cryptocurrency more popular and interesting for alL.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
Bitcoin is very popular among all cryptos because it was the first but it takes time for bitcoin become very known because of it skyrocketed price last year, for altcoins I think it will now depends on their marketing strategies if they were advertise daily maybe they get notice easily within a year only.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
All those who are associated and work with know about cryptocurrency and Altcoins trust many of these coins, so I think 5 years is enough to become popular!
Activity: 602
I think an altcooin will become popular depending on the project and the team's seriousness in running the altcoin project. if everything is good an altcoin doesn't take long to be popular
Pages:
Jump to: