Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 124. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Resale Market - CopyrightXchange.com
With uncertainty about the future prices of BTC, I guess you should reserve as many as you can. You also need to reconsider somethings before you retire such as the place you're retiring, type of luxury you want to live,  and expenses as it differs from country to country.

But you'll be happy with 500BTC in your pocket.  Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
About tree fitty.

Actually, I'd say ~200 would be good.

If we assume the price in 20 years increases by 250% then you should be fine for a while.

It's all about if bitcoin will be still usable and popular in 20 years from now.
With 200BTC you can make good money in future
But i don't think that you can retire with this amount maybe 500BTC+ at least.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
i think you need only 1BTC
in future bitcoin can be rich to $10.000  Grin
i hope 1day i can be rich

Where do you live that you can be rich with $10.000?

Here in the Netherlands that would last you a maximum of 1 year with no crazy expenses (only housing and food).

Maybe you meant 100 btc?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Million coins to survive for 20 years, and add some i those coins ran off.

If you had a million coins you could disappear and live like a king.
If you had a million coins you could own Liberland.
If you had a million coins I would be scared for you.
There was already one Liberland, supposed bitcoin fueled paradise country. As many of us know it did not end up too well for the self proclaimed king of that micro nation. So I think even if you are man with riches beyond measure stop dreaming that we will see bitcoin nation anytime soon, if ever.
Bitcoin could be gone as fast as it appeared.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
i think you need only 1BTC
in future bitcoin can be rich to $10.000  Grin
i hope 1day i can be rich
Activity: 616
i can earn bitcoin per month is BTC0.8 and if 20 years its mean BTC16 i need
but in my question whetether bitcoin can survive up to 20 years ?

I don't think so. Some bank coin or blockchain will take over and bitcoin will remain but much less valuable for drug dealing and some business like that  Smiley
Of course btc fan club here won't admit it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
i can earn bitcoin per month is BTC0.8 and if 20 years its mean BTC16 i need
but in my question whetether bitcoin can survive up to 20 years ?
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
About tree fitty.

Actually, I'd say ~200 would be good.

If we assume the price in 20 years increases by 250% then you should be fine for a while.

My suggestion above was to invest a high amount of money (~1million)
So instead of investing in bitcoins (buying it) you already are stucked there and you are waiting for a higher price to get profit.
A good alternative is investing that money in mining farm and you will get i think a higher profit, but it depends from the country,electricity etc..

But you're up against people who've been doing it for years with tens of millions to spend. Unless you nail everything there's a risk of it all turning to dust extremely quickly.

It's certainly a possibility but the degree of risk is far, far higher than just buying some coins with an amount you don't mind losing and sitting on them. If you've a million or two to secure your future there are much better businesses to be going into. 

Why would it matter? You can get electricity for 0.02$/kWh or less, you can buy batches of miners much more easily than a home miner, at even better prices. The conditions are geared toward these kind of buyers and operations.

It's home mining for most thats dead. Investing in a small data center is probably the best investment you can make relating to BTC at the moment.

It really depends on which country are you talking about these electricity rates.
Because in my country it really depends on which season we are.
In winter the rate is high that reaches 0.1$ per kWh and in summer maybe 0.03$, but mining here is not much profitable.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Investing in mining data centers (mining farm) is much better that investing in bitcoins.
This just stuck you there, the amount stays the same, so you are just waiting for a jump.
Having your own mining farm, means you have a team and you are earning continually bitcoins.

But these days you'd need a lot of capital to get started and you're up against some massively well funded organisations with access to facilities, tech and infrastructure most can only dream of.

So instead of investing in bitcoins (buying it) you already are stucked there and you are waiting for a higher price to get profit.
A good alternative is investing that money in mining farm and you will get i think a higher profit, but it depends from the country,electricity etc..

you're suggestion doe snot make sense, with 1M you could already retire, there is no point in investing anymore, unless i know that i would get out form this shit(not form bitcoin from investing...)

or i would buy 1M in bitcoin and use it directly, you don't even need to wait for a better price
afaik you both are off topic as OP meant to ask about retirement statistics if any in bitcoin world.
however there is no legitimate , proper answer for that as the value of crypto's is far more variable when compared to fiat's
one thing the op can do is calculate the average he need in fiat's and convert it in btc,
3 million $ todays wealth is enough for Rment...so around 12000 coins.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Investing in mining data centers (mining farm) is much better that investing in bitcoins.
This just stuck you there, the amount stays the same, so you are just waiting for a jump.
Having your own mining farm, means you have a team and you are earning continually bitcoins.

But these days you'd need a lot of capital to get started and you're up against some massively well funded organisations with access to facilities, tech and infrastructure most can only dream of.

you're suggestion does not make sense, with 1M you could already retire, there is no point in investing anymore, unless i know that i would get out form this shit(not form bitcoin from investing...)

or i would buy 1M in bitcoin and use it directly, you don't even need to wait for a better price
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

To live comfortably in twenty years without working or anything I guess you need a lot of bitcoins.
And hoping that the price will increase.

Since no one knows what will be price of bitcoins after 20 years so it is very difficult to guess any one how many coins they may need it after so many years. If prices go very high then need less or if prices come back single digit then one may really need millions.  Embarrassed
Activity: 518

If you had a million coins you could disappear and live like a king.
If you had a million coins you could own Liberland.
If you had a million coins I would be scared for you.
Activity: 167

Activity: 154

To live comfortably in twenty years without working or anything I guess you need a lot of bitcoins.
And hoping that the price will increase.
If Bitcoin exists in 20 years you'll need only one or two to make a living. Bitcoin is all or nothing it will become big or leave just a wiki page and some old forums behind like so many inventions in the past.

How much money does a person need to be retired?
I don't think that just with a single bitcoin you can make lots of money to live from that for the rest of the life.
The suggestion from TheGr33k is also great but it cost now 122,000 dollars at the moment.

Yeah, and most retirement accounts suggest you have at least that amount to have a sufficient retirement!
First things first, just start putting 10%+ of your income into bitcoins, you will be pleased in 20-years.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

But you're up against people who've been doing it for years with tens of millions to spend. Unless you nail everything there's a risk of it all turning to dust extremely quickly.

It's certainly a possibility but the degree of risk is far, far higher than just buying some coins with an amount you don't mind losing and sitting on them. If you've a million or two to secure your future there are much better businesses to be going into. 

Why would it matter? You can get electricity for 0.02$/kWh or less, you can buy batches of miners much more easily than a home miner, at even better prices. The conditions are geared toward these kind of buyers and operations.

It's home mining for most thats dead. Investing in a small data center is probably the best investment you can make relating to BTC at the moment.
If Bitcoin exists in 20 years you'll need only one or two to make a living. Bitcoin is all or nothing it will become big or leave just a wiki page and some old forums behind like so many inventions in the past.

How much money does a person need to be retired?
I don't think that just with a single bitcoin you can make lots of money to live from that for the rest of the life.
The suggestion from TheGr33k is also great but it cost now 122,000 dollars at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

Grab yourself 500 bitcoins and stockpile them across a few different cold-storage locations. This would be a good-start, but basing your retirement off an extremely volatile digital currency might be a mistake! Be careful with your money.
Jump to: