Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 120. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

Or better three. To be 100% calm about your retirement  Cheesy
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
If bitcoin will be established.... 1 satoshi will be enough Cheesy

If all the quadrillions of $ of derivatives and the total debt based instruments would be denominated in BTC, then 1 satoshi would be enough.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Well, that's a good question. IMO in 20 years from now the price of 1 Bitcoin may be $10k or even more, but let's say it will be $10k. Now if you are saying you are going to live a pretty simple life without yacht or anything, you'll need around $30k per year in USA or $2k per year if you are going to live in India for example. So it depends on many things, you can do the maths by yourself. )
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
My guess is 5 to 10 bitcoins. It will take a really long time before 1 bitcoin will be worth 1 mil

10 BTC is a really very good value to hold for the future as we believe that the value of bitcoins will reach the moon in coming years and if we talk about next 20 years then its too long to predict for, if we think of the short run like say next 5 to 10 years then I believe that it would definitely gain us profit out of it, So the picture would be very much clear in the next 5 years or so.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

On this website you can play a bit around to figure out how much 1 Bitcoin theoretically could be worth in presented key markets.
Nice tool to get an impression what could be possible concerning Bitcoin's value.

I maximize all the options on the top panel, the bitcoin price is $141k. This is quite realistic value.

The value is lower than some other predictions though.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
i think you need only 3BTC
1BTC you can buy plane
1BTC you cn buy apartement
1BTC you can use for lifetime cost of life  Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
My guess is 5 to 10 bitcoins. It will take a really long time before 1 bitcoin will be worth 1 mil
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
you need only 1BTC  Wink

bold dude only one but in 20 years this one can worth fortune
who knows maybe even be worth over 100k and that is a lot maybe in 20 yearn wont be now is

Go on dude if you think you will retire with 1 bitcoin.
Everything can happen or the bitcoin will succeed too much,
Or it will crash until the end, bitcoin needs really to be everywhere to rise and shine Smiley

If bitcoin become a global currency, 1BTC could actually be enough to live modestly your retirement, but i think it would take more than 20 years for BTC to reach the 10+ Trillion USD market cap.

if this happens we wont need any money it will be like in star trek franchise
joking on this you might have the point on this and even 1 would be enough for dissent retirement
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
you need only 1BTC  Wink

who knows maybe even be worth over 100k and that is a lot maybe in 20 yearn wont be now is

Or it will crash until the end, bitcoin needs really to be everywhere to rise and shine Smiley

If bitcoin become a global currency, 1BTC could actually be enough to live modestly your retirement, but i think it would take more than 20 years for BTC to reach the 10+ Trillion USD market cap.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
you need only 1BTC  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
you need only 1BTC  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform

If this turns out to be true faucets are giving away millions of dollars!
Imagine that: how did you get rich, grandpa?
I was pressing "claim" and solving captchas!

Grin

One of the very first faucets was run by Gavin Andresen. That was giving away five coins at a time.

True. It's not impossible to have the same situation in the years to come. We should only remember the 25KBTC pizza thing.
Who would have believed it?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
you need only 1BTC  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
I say at least 1 bitcoin. The more the better!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Grin

One of the very first faucets was run by Gavin Andresen. That was giving away five coins at a time.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
do the maths.

Grin

http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

On this website you can play a bit around to figure out how much 1 Bitcoin theoretically could be worth in presented key markets.
Nice tool to get an impression what could be possible concerning Bitcoin's value.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
do the maths.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
If the price of bitcoin reaches $250k in 20 years, you will need about 10 bitcoin to enjoy the life of today's millionaire. That is because of the depreciation of US dollar.

This is really too much for a coin to have a price of $250,000 of a single bitcoin not for now but not even after 20 years.

Starting from 1 bitcoin and keep increasing it as much as you can maybe somewhere around 100 bitcoins are enough to retire.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If the price of bitcoin reaches $250k in 20 years, you will need about 10 bitcoin to enjoy the life of today's millionaire. That is because of the depreciation of US dollar.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
You need 1 Bitcoin.

I don't think it's enough unless bitcoin price will pump out to $1M each (which I highly doubt will happen)

Holding btc?¿
or
trading btc?
Holding=100
Trading= 20

Dude I can't understand your post Huh Would you mind elaborate more what you are trying to say?
maybe he means that if you keep trading with bitcoin for 20 years and start with 20 bitcoins youd end up with a 100coins?

He means if you do this now. You either need to buy 100 BTC and let it collect dust for a long time. Or buy 20BTC now and keep rolling it to make 100+ BTC.

I'm not sure what a sure fire way of growing 20BTC into 100BTC with trading, but its not too hard to do through other methods, since 20 years is kind of a very long time.
Jump to: