Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 59. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
perhaps if bitcoin can back to the price $1000, i think 1000 bitcoin is enough for you retire in 20 years.

1000 btc is really a huge amount and honestly speaking its not easy for anyone to hold that huge amount, we need to be practical and accept the reality.

In 20 years, the price of bitcoin could be around $200,000. So you need around 10 bitcoin to have good life.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Lick me like a lolipop
perhaps if bitcoin can back to the price $1000, i think 1000 bitcoin is enough for you retire in 20 years.

1000 btc is really a huge amount and honestly speaking its not easy for anyone to hold that huge amount, we need to be practical and accept the reality.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
You would need a lot and with a lot I mean a lot, its not so easy in my opinion to let this happen also, its a lot of work.
Also the fact that you have to have a lot of money to do this, its now still not to predict in my eyes.
xht
Activity: 462
hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
For me 50BTC is enough for me to retire i might can buy a house an lot with 1BTC in the future.
With its value skyrocketing to $1000 in 2013 surely its value could rise to tens of dollars.

If we hit the value mark of still staying at $400 per coin in 20 years.

Thats only $20k in the bank.. you`d have to pick up a job friend lol.

200BTC seems good to me, it may have a value of a half a million in 20 years if the value of bitcoin rise higher than $1000.

I can buy everything with that money and to give to my siblings and friends to promote bitcoin to them.

Then the real issue would be, how would you propose to get that 200 btc you mentioned lol.

I say thats the biggest challenge despite where it goes, and inflation or not.
You can buy 200BTC if you take out a big enough loan, it's only something like $84,000, that's cheap right? [/s]

It's definitely a risky and big investment, but it could pay off very nicely if the value goes up.
Activity: 252
For me 50BTC is enough for me to retire i might can buy a house an lot with 1BTC in the future.
With its value skyrocketing to $1000 in 2013 surely its value could rise to tens of dollars.

If we hit the value mark of still staying at $400 per coin in 20 years.

Thats only $20k in the bank.. you`d have to pick up a job friend lol.

200BTC seems good to me, it may have a value of a half a million in 20 years if the value of bitcoin rise higher than $1000.

I can buy everything with that money and to give to my siblings and friends to promote bitcoin to them.

Then the real issue would be, how would you propose to get that 200 btc you mentioned lol.

I say thats the biggest challenge despite where it goes, and inflation or not.
Activity: 924
I need 200 btc at the time of retirement as I don't want to compromise with my lifestyle at older age, I just want to enjoy my life with lots of money  Grin
look like a nice goal i was going to say a dream but it can be real holding 200 btc and the price grow to 1000$ you will have a nice income 200000$ you can invest them in many things and you will have a great life :p.

reasonable amount of coin if i get this before 20 year i will retire sooner  Grin
just kidding i will retire in 20 year for sure with some amount in my wallet

Yes 200 btc is a really good amount to hold, but to achieve that milestone I think we need to work really very hard at this stage then only we would be able to hold that amount.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
I need 200 btc at the time of retirement as I don't want to compromise with my lifestyle at older age, I just want to enjoy my life with lots of money  Grin
look like a nice goal i was going to say a dream but it can be real holding 200 btc and the price grow to 1000$ you will have a nice income 200000$ you can invest them in many things and you will have a great life :p.

reasonable amount of coin if i get this before 20 year i will retire sooner  Grin
just kidding i will retire in 20 year for sure with some amount in my wallet
Activity: 434
sit on 10, do some day trading with 1-2 of them, watch your fortune grow -

dont forget to diversify via alt coins, market arbitrage and assets.

youll be a millionaire in no time, but you know what they say - takes money to make money.

Problem with trading, is eventually the 1-2 coins you refer to isnt enough to make bad trades.

Eventually its goes like this, the more trades you do. the more chances youre at a risk of a bad trade although a few lucky hits which keeps you into the game, but thats when you walk away.
Activity: 490

OMG guys this too much expectation I guess because price will be more than 10000$ after 20 years sure. according to satoshi's expectation We haven't scratch the ground of value in the market for bitcoin. So I hope 50 BTC also very big money according to me on that time...
if you had 200 BTC now maybe you have not said to be a rich man. because bitcoin rate is currently very small. but if you hold it for the next 20 years. may be different many people expects that the price will be more than $ 5.000. I think it's not a fantasy I think it's reasonable to happen. bitcoin very deserves to have a high price
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I do not think that $ 200,000 is a lot of money. even people who have the money $ 200,000 is very much out there.
 I think you need more than 200 BTC dude

Well, it's depend where do you live though. I think with 200 bitcoins maybe it's enough for 5-10 years, but you need to do something with that 200 bitcoins if you want your bitcoins grow. like invest.
Yeah everything depends upon the person their needs and demands. 100 btc is enough for me in my retirement

to buy a house and to spend for my family and children.
Activity: 420
I do not think that $ 200,000 is a lot of money. even people who have the money $ 200,000 is very much out there.

Well, it's depend where do you live though. I think with 200 bitcoins maybe it's enough for 5-10 years, but you need to do something with that 200 bitcoins if you want your bitcoins grow. like invest.
Activity: 476
Activity: 644

OMG guys this too much expectation I guess because price will be more than 10000$ after 20 years sure. according to satoshi's expectation We haven't scratch the ground of value in the market for bitcoin. So I hope 50 BTC also very big money according to me on that time...
Activity: 672
I don't think that the $200k would be enough for the needs in the 20 years to come, many people mention that the cost of living in 20 years to come very expensive, of course you need more than $200k mate
moreover it can not be called a rich man

for me i can life with $3500 per year (at this time) . i think i can life in my retire day with 200k . it's depend about your style of life, also the cost of life in each country is diffirent. so for me i need only 5-6/btc per year for retire in 20years maybe 100btc is enough
Activity: 322
I don't think that the $200k would be enough for the needs in the 20 years to come, many people mention that the cost of living in 20 years to come very expensive, of course you need more than $200k mate
moreover it can not be called a rich man
Activity: 462
Activity: 364
I think you will need a lot of bitcoins to do this because the bitcoin is unpredictable, on this moment you will need a lot of bitcoins, and I think its not even possible right now.
Maybe at the end of this year when the halving has been done and the price is stable and more predictable its possible to predict this but now its still not possible at all.
Activity: 868
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

nice estimate, if we think the future according to the price trend of bitcoin and its adoption rate then only a few amount of bitcoin will we need to retire and to buy a house and to start a small factory which will be a source of extra income .

Why again to work after retirement? We need to enjoy our retired life with bitcoins as if price goes higher then we don't need to work anymore at old age.

In bitcoin skyrockets to many thousands in 20 years, it is true that most early adopters will be rich people, but most of them will be still young people then, so I think it would be just natural for several of them to try new investments and develop online business. It is just the natural mindset of most online businessmen.
I myself was 20 years old now. 20 years to come I was 40 years old. I think it is not too old right ?
and I can still feel bitcoin sky-high. I could still feel the pump of bitcoin
therefore collect bitcoin as much as possible. because at this moment you are still young

I would hope the early adopters or adopters in general dont have to wait that long.

40 is stil kinda cutting the mark where I would sold way before then waiting those 20 years out.

This is just my view though, since I feel like this age factor takes a toll on us.
Pages:
Jump to: