Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 86. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
I think 1000 BTC will be enough for someone to retire after 20 years particularly if btc price moves up significantly.

1000BTC of course it's very enough. but it's hard to get as much of it. even if the price of BTC moved significantly I think 100-200 bitcoin enough to retire.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I think you need a lot of bitcoin to retire in 20 years, it could be possible if the bitcoins will rise to a high amount. Maybe it will happen but I think the bitcoin will be gone by than in my opinion the bitcoin will hold 10 years from now.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I think 1000 BTC will be enough for someone to retire after 20 years particularly if btc price moves up significantly.

Its no problem to guess a significant #.

But its a matter of obtaining those 1,000 btc in the 1st place to even consider retirement. lol. The way I see it, the person needs a on-going rate or producing a siginicant of amount if the value drops not in their favor or the other way around.
get 1000 bitcoin within 20 years, you must have a monthly income of 8 ~ BTC,
I think it is very difficult, are you can produce 8 BTC in a month?

1000 bitcoin in 20 years, that is about 50 a year or 4 a months. It is easy to accumulate the first 200. But it will be very difficult to collect the last 200.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

Wow that is a lot of btc there. You can even do a business of loaning some of the services here to start their profiting. Perhaps if I have that large amount I would really panic if the price of bitcoin gets low.
Activity: 532

But its a matter of obtaining those 1,000 btc in the 1st place to even consider retirement. lol. The way I see it, the person needs a on-going rate or producing a siginicant of amount if the value drops not in their favor or the other way around.
get 1000 bitcoin within 20 years, you must have a monthly income of 8 ~ BTC,
I think it is very difficult, are you can produce 8 BTC in a month?
Activity: 658
peryear maybe i can make around 12~ btc, of course I'm going to use half of it for the necessities of life,
I would save half of it for my retirement, maybe 20 years I can get 120 BTC
what is enough?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
I would be happy with 20-30 btc
To be honest i think i will not need more

Most probably you are living a simple living,  Cheesy but its nice.. who knows, in 20 years, bitcoins price might be  very high...  Smiley

It will be dependent on the bitcoin price we will have in 20 years and who knows how much it's going to be.
a price above 1000$ would be great in any case.

Yes you could say that i dont want to be greedif i think like that 1000 would be small amount
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

Most probably you are living a simple living,  Cheesy but its nice.. who knows, in 20 years, bitcoins price might be  very high...  Smiley

It will be dependent on the bitcoin price we will have in 20 years and who knows how much it's going to be.
a price above 1000$ would be great in any case.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

If the bitcoin price is $200,000 in 20 years, then 30 bitcoin is worth about $6 million. So that is not a simple living.

yeah, if that happens, but I don't think that would soar that high and $6 million would not be $6million that time, probably smaller.. hahaha,, but who knows.. bitcoins future is still unknown..  Smiley

to think just of so many zeroes make me dizzy
but yet again we cannot tell what will happen in 20 year, we might need only one or 1000 depends from economic in 20 year you cannot predict that
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Probably bitcoin will no longer be around at that time, an altcoin will rise that will cover what bitcoin failed to do. There are altcoins out there that are better than btc, they just need funding for them to become mainstream.

Altcoins are alive because of Bitcoin. Why would those altcoins will be alive more than bitcoin their creator. I dont think so. They will all stay and be used as a online currency but once bitcoin lose I dont think trust from people will go to altcoins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Probably bitcoin will no longer be around at that time, an altcoin will rise that will cover what bitcoin failed to do. There are altcoins out there that are better than btc, they just need funding for them to become mainstream.

They're not better than btc for the same simple reason btc is not better than fiat: it does not have the network effects.
Activity: 728
Activity: 221
Merit: 100

If the bitcoin price is $200,000 in 20 years, then 30 bitcoin is worth about $6 million. So that is not a simple living.
Activity: 490
you would need like a thousand of coins in order to do that
i don't think so. I thought the price of bitcoin will be worth more than $ 1000- $ 2000 percoin. we only need a few, if me might just need a 60 BTC enough. to save the 3 BTC annually
Activity: 588
in the next 20 years I might only be able to collect up to 100-200 bitcoin. so I will hold 100-200 bitcoin to see the price $10,000 in 20 years to come

Bitcoin might have failed by then... or maybe the fiat economy will have and 1btc will be worth thousands  Grin. I think 100 bitcoins would be a nice amount to have and hold, though. I think bitcoin will hopefully go back to 1k again at some point and depending on where you live 100k could make your life very comfortable. I know I could survive off that for probably 50 years if you only have to pay rent and food etc. Pesonally I wouldnt set myself goals and just keep a nice amount in btc but one you could afford to lose as nothing is certain.
Why are people so stupid? you're saying if fiat fails, 1 btc will only be worth "thousands"?

come on, don't you people have brains?

If bitcoin is only worth $1000 in 20 yrs, why the hell would you want bitcoins?HuhHuh...

Yes a value of $1k in 20 years would mean Bitcoin hasn't made it to the top and therefore failed.
But I believe this amount of value is not very likely. Imo it will be worth either 5 digits to 6 digits, meaning being worth a lot, or absolutely nothing.

Denker I agree 100% with your statement

I personally think within 1-2 years we will know which direction that will be as well.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
in the next 20 years I might only be able to collect up to 100-200 bitcoin. so I will hold 100-200 bitcoin to see the price $10,000 in 20 years to come

Bitcoin might have failed by then... or maybe the fiat economy will have and 1btc will be worth thousands  Grin. I think 100 bitcoins would be a nice amount to have and hold, though. I think bitcoin will hopefully go back to 1k again at some point and depending on where you live 100k could make your life very comfortable. I know I could survive off that for probably 50 years if you only have to pay rent and food etc. Pesonally I wouldnt set myself goals and just keep a nice amount in btc but one you could afford to lose as nothing is certain.
Why are people so stupid? you're saying if fiat fails, 1 btc will only be worth "thousands"?

come on, don't you people have brains?

If bitcoin is only worth $1000 in 20 yrs, why the hell would you want bitcoins?HuhHuh...

Yes a value of $1k in 20 years would mean Bitcoin hasn't made it to the top and therefore failed.
But I believe this amount of value is not very likely. Imo it will be worth either 5 digits to 6 digits, meaning being worth a lot, or absolutely nothing.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
yesterday I bought another 5BTC that I put into my life savings: I don't know how this is going to be but who knows maybe one day my investment will pay off. To me, having financial freedom is a must today.
Pages:
Jump to: