Pages:
Author

Topic: How many BTC do you have frozen in [Vircurex]? Have they been unfrozen yet? - page 2. (Read 3601 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Man oh man these exchanges are doing a number on people and the community needs to work together to put a stop to these types of things happening over and over again. 
Activity: 556
the last Vircurex quarterly report was released by KUMALA, owner of vircurex whose identity is still unknown to many

I had a look at the numbers and they don't add up!!

in the May 2013 report he wrote:

The total losses of the security breach are
1454 BTC
225,263 TRC
23,400 LTC

and in the august report:

FTC double spend attack causing a loss of 150,000 FTC

but now this is what he writes:

BTC:
Number accounts with frozen balances 352
Total frozen amount 1,748.50 BTC
FTC
Number accounts with frozen balances 42
Total frozen amount 152,106.24 FTC
LTC
Number accounts with frozen balances 2625
Total frozen amount 125,883.05 LTC
TRC
Number accounts with frozen balances 77
Total frozen amount 127,835.98 TRC

so BTC were 1454 now are 1748 = 294 more
LTC were 23400 now are 125883 =  102483 more, total in btc at these prices 3184!
FTC more or less the same for equivalent 30 BTC
TRC were 225263 now are only 127835, so almost half of it, for an equivalent of about 38 btc

Total BTC missing: 1748+3184+30+38 = 5000 BTC

This is a scam, there's no further doubt about it! somehow he made disappear 2800 more BTC in the last months without saying anything.
I believe that at this stage and with no chance to recover any of those frozen funds, it'll take something like 100 years at curren volumes.
this guy needs to be identified.
Any help from the community to trace and report this guy to the authorities is top priority now. Let's find him.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
ex gf of mine has 12.6 btc frozen in her account Sad

your ex?

I suppose you guys are on good terms?

Next time perhaps storing coins on an insolvent exchange that has been known for about a year now wouldn't be the approach for storage.

yeah we are still on very good terms, never like to leave things on bad terms Smiley

I told her to take them out and put in paper wallet or brain wallet, was begging her to diversify into Peercoin to but no she sat them on the exchange till this happened and now can't do anything:(

If anyone gets any sign of some funds being unfrozen please post here so we all can see there is some progress if any.

Fuzzybear
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

your ex?

I suppose you guys are on good terms?

Next time perhaps storing coins on an insolvent exchange that has been known for about a year now wouldn't be the approach for storage.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
They didn't have a single ltc, that why there's a huge difference between the frozen accounts in ltc and btc (BTC: 355 accounts, LTC: 1,563 accounts). I guess the total of Ltc frozen is something about 25k, that's what have been missing for months. as for the BTC, i believe it's another 300-400. BUt if Kumala can tell us more about these figures it'd be better. The quarter release that was supposed to be published at the end of february is still missing, isn't it?
Activity: 499

3,4 bitcoins   and 2926 litecoins!!  my life savings! I am gutted Cry

didn't see a single coin back yet..

You got almost 3000 LTC on the site and is still not paid in the top down distribution, so there must be a considerable number of people storing huge amount of LTC there...

https://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Here the number of accounts with a frozen balance:
As of 25. March 2014:
BTC: 355 accounts
LTC: 1,563 accounts

Anyone know the total frozen balance of those 355 BTC accounts and 1565 LTC accounts?
Activity: 245
Merit: 256
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
this is why i prefer and stick to P2P trades and exchanges!!! I feel bad for everyone Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I hope Vircurex joins another exchange!  or will receive help, Vircurex has a great name that is for sure. Even after the hacks back in the day they came back and back!!   
I really wonder what happened why they lost my coins I deposited there!??    Cry      Cry       Cry

holyshit bro!! never have that many coins in an exchange
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
... then I just got robbed...

Yeah, that is so true.
This is robbery at broad daylight, nothing less, fubar.
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
10.99 btc all frozen.

Hm so I had standing PPC sell orders that got all taken up after this announcement and am now left with 10.99 frozen bitcoins on the site. I feel even more scammed given that people were able to trade frozen, unwithdrawable bitcoins for my apparently legitimate, withdrawable peercoins. Why allow trading of other currencies after the announcement but before the freeze?

I also agree that the distribution system makes no sense, 10.99 btc sounds like it could be a pretty middlish balance and I feel I could easily not see a even a percent of my balance at this rate.

I'll post if I get anything back, and I hope others do as well.

Glad I took the risk of trading out my 7 BTC for a 30% loss.  It likely would have been frozen like your 11 BTC.

Well, your only consolation is that you sold PPC at a premium.

Not sure I sold PPC at a premium if I never see any of the frozen BTC. If I don't see anything then I just got robbed. If I do see all of it back, I made like a 5-10% profit which is not even remotely worth this risk. There's just no reason for them to continue trading - and leave standing orders open - after they announce the freeze. When I placed those orders, it was with the understanding that I was buying withdrawable non-frozen bitcoins. I would have asked for a much higher price (or more likely not traded at all) if I were buying frozen bitcoins.

While it's reassuring to see people with small balances getting unfrozen, this does not seem at all like a fair way to repay balances. The fact is that some people get everything back while others (such as myself) may never seen even a fraction. I would be fine with 50% of the balances being paid bottom-up and the other 50% being paid proportionally, but as it is people in my situation are completely stuck.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
finally someone with a large holding, pretty much as much as I had.
I'm fucking angry, this shouldn't have happened

I opened a thread... this has been an ongoing scam for month.. and nobody said shit:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5896911

So it looks like anyone between 3.4 and 10.99 BTC likely got everything frozen?  Is that correct?

I have 2.7 BTC there and it is still frozen. Someone with 1 BTC said he his/hers is not frozen. Anyone else with 1 or more BTC and that aren't frozen?

-Lyddite
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

I opened a thread... this has been an ongoing scam for month.. and nobody said shit:

So it looks like anyone between 3.4 and 10.99 BTC likely got everything frozen?  Is that correct?

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I hope Vircurex joins another exchange!  or will receive help, Vircurex has a great name that is for sure. Even after the hacks back in the day they came back and back!!   
I really wonder what happened why they lost my coins I deposited there!??    Cry      Cry       Cry

legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
10.99 btc all frozen.

Hm so I had standing PPC sell orders that got all taken up after this announcement and am now left with 10.99 frozen bitcoins on the site. I feel even more scammed given that people were able to trade frozen, unwithdrawable bitcoins for my apparently legitimate, withdrawable peercoins. Why allow trading of other currencies after the announcement but before the freeze?

I also agree that the distribution system makes no sense, 10.99 btc sounds like it could be a pretty middlish balance and I feel I could easily not see a even a percent of my balance at this rate.

I'll post if I get anything back, and I hope others do as well.

Glad I took the risk of trading out my 7 BTC for a 30% loss.  It likely would have been frozen like your 11 BTC.

Well, your only consolation is that you sold PPC at a premium.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I am happy to report that my BTC has been withdrawn after finally appearing on my account.

I am also very fortunate that this ordeal has only cost me 1.xx ANC.

Good luck everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1400
0.01795042 BTC, all unfrozen
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
1BTC all unfrozen, 40LTC all frozen
Pages:
Jump to: