Pages:
Author

Topic: How many BTC do you have frozen in [Vircurex]? Have they been unfrozen yet? - page 3. (Read 3601 times)

Activity: 342
Merit: 250
10.99 btc all frozen.

Hm so I had standing PPC sell orders that got all taken up after this announcement and am now left with 10.99 frozen bitcoins on the site. I feel even more scammed given that people were able to trade frozen, unwithdrawable bitcoins for my apparently legitimate, withdrawable peercoins. Why allow trading of other currencies after the announcement but before the freeze?

I also agree that the distribution system makes no sense, 10.99 btc sounds like it could be a pretty middlish balance and I feel I could easily not see a even a percent of my balance at this rate.

I'll post if I get anything back, and I hope others do as well.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
all frozen.

kumala should admit his mistake and restore a proportional distribution. that 50% bottom up and down is totally idiotic. how many people got something?? just those who counts nothing, and those who are too big. he basically left all those in the middle that can keep the exchange alive with a big fucking zero. I hope he reconsiders the distribution method. he needs to leave something to everybody in order for them to keep on working on his platform. otherwise it'll go down and everybody will be screwed.
Activity: 661
Merit: 251
ZERO

Same amount I had in Gox

Same amount I had in cavirtex

Intersango

Bitomat.pl

Flexcoin

The dope sites

Bitstamp

et al

Did you all get a warning? Did anyone explain that just because the bank website says the emt is not reversible is not reason to think you can accept such payments reliably? What about Dwolla? Did anyone explain the pitfalls? What about the inevitability of Gox operating at a fraction when they started bleeding for lawyer bills while fighting the FATF closing their French bank accounts? Or while bailing out the *ahem* hacked Bitomat?

The answer to this and many more questions about getting warned is a resounding YES. That you chose to ignore such warnings is evidence of the human condition I suppose.

Why have I quit warning? Would you continue when getting bashed, slandered and defamed for pointing out the realities? Wouldn't you just rather use your insight to your own advantage?

Good Luck!

And to the very few who did heed my warnings about fraud and reversible payments and about how banks are the natural enemy of private money, you are welcome and I am glad to see you all richer for it.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Those numbers are likely much.. much higher, Arbitrageur.

And what about all the PoS generated coins they profited from ?

Anyhoo.. 0.23477751 BTC missing/frozen.

https://blockchain.info/address/15hpwsw7V55voV2ZrCvY8MXCVtzcafBdLR
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
I guess the % reserve on btc is far less than on ltc. what do you think?

how many btc did they have? if gox had 750k, these guys might have had 1% of that number. probably something like 1000. what about ltc? 20k? don't think more than that.

they also postponed by 24hrs the deadline for setting up the frozen accounts. in my opinion they have done it for 2 reasons:

1) frenzy trading is generating so many fees they never see in their life (which is good for increasing the btc to reimburse).
2) possibly they are even selling the alt with a 50% profit on market price, (which can also contribute to increase their reserve)

Activity: 199
Merit: 110
Was trying to withdraw my BTC on Wednesday (0.57842483 worth), when the system started showing issues at first. Withdrawal is still listed, but has no txID. If anyone has any idea what they're doing with such "in-between funds" I'd love to know. Beyond being screwed in terms of them seizing funds, haven't even been able to trade out to DOGE because the money's not in my account anyway, which is incredibly frustrating as I e-mailed that night, and on Friday emailed to ask them to cancel the withdrawal so I could trade across to Dogecoin anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
19-Mar-2014   0.13876885 BTC   Frozen/missing tx

Edit: all refunded to me, 3th of april 2014.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Let's try to map how much BTC we have frozen in Vircurex and post when and how much has been unfrozen.

When we get information about people having funds unfrozen, we can make better guesses about when others will have their funds unfrozen.

More info about the frozen funds here.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5854634

-Lyddite
Pages:
Jump to: