Pages:
Author

Topic: How many can resist selling off their BTC for huge profits? - page 2. (Read 3756 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
I really cant say exact. This is a question like asking what is the percentage of Bitcoin conservative investors or those who tades regularly.

I for one is a conservative investoe which means i can hold my Bitcoins and not sell it for a long time especially if I dont need the money yet anyway. This is because I believe that the price may still continue to increase. And beside I have my regular job to sustain my needs and even wants.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?

I think there are people who would sell some of their bitcoin for the sake of taking small profit. It would not affect its portfolio that much if what he is taking is only profit but not a part of his initial capital. I,myself would take small profit because I want to enjoy my profit from time to time. With cryptocurrencies being so volatile, we never know what the future will be so taking part of profit is a safe way of diversifying my investments as well so that I will have more income generating business/investment aside from cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
Actually if you are trading most of us will sell it to lock in your profits specially if you know that it is just a spike in price. You can always buy back in pullbacks. It will actually depend on your strategy. If you sit and hold i understand that strategy but some of us are also risk taker who would like to get more profits.Imagine if you bought 1 coin for $3,000 and we know recently it spike at $4,500. If you were able to sell it in that price you earned around $1,500. Then the price pullback at $3,200 because of the China news and Dimon bashing Bitcoin. if you were able to buy again around that price  your gain is $1,300 and you still have you coin. Trading is not for all but it's more profitable if you know what you are doing.

Anyway my strategy is to hold some of my coins in my wallet and i have coins for trading.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
If that is the case we cannot blame people from withdrawing their bitcoin in a moment when they need it but at the same time we know that bitcoin is going to become extremely valuable in the future, so we need to do everything we can to accumulate as much of it as is possible for us and it is obvious we are never going to accomplish that if we keep spending our bitcoin.
Activity: 659
Merit: 101
What percent of people do you think are able to resist selling their BTC when confronted with huge profits they've obtained.  Say 500% or more even?

we are still in the beginning of crypto currency revolution. 500% is a reason why they wont sell their btc, because they believe it can be more than that. So I think its just less than 5%. Its difficult to decide when you want to open a buy positon right now when the price are high, but its even more difficult to cash out when you buy it at low price.
It is actually going to be more than that. Most adults (not new born babies) in this crypto world today from experience already know that holding is far better than trying to quickly sell for profit. Ask those who made the mistake few years ago and they will tell you.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
For new users like me, it is very difficult to refrain from selling my coins. I sold some of my BTC earnings three months back. I wanted to feel the fun in profiting from Bitcoin. But now I feel like a fool. Had I held on to my coins, then I would have got a better ROI.
The price of Bitcoin has been signalled it will increase to the moon after bearish trend start in June.
Sell your Bitcoin is your wrong because you do not reseach about the price of Bitcoin on market, this is result by lazy!
Maybe some of them are selling their BTC because of some emergencies and they are totally need of money, and their's nothing to depend just only selling BTC. But we can blame them because that's their decision, and they made just to save other very important than bitcoin. Anyway, is just a money and still we can find it by making it again. Sometimes we sacrifice for the seek of others.
This could be the reason for selling your bitcoin otherwise I think selling your bitcoin is not a sensible decision. Just think about the value of bitcoin in the future and the price. May if someone has more money he will buy more and more bitcoin besides he sells his holdings. If someone needs the money then he can sell some of his bitcoin and not all, if not then hold it for future needs.
I also think that we should consider selling of bitcoins only when we have no other option of meeting our demands. Bitcoins are far better to be kept for long time in wallets than selling them off in short time in terms of profit. I don’t think so bitcoin investors are not holding bitcoins for future purposes. Everyone is keeping them for bright future.
Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think there is just a minimal or let us just say a small percentage of bitcoin users do resist of selling their bitcoins in exchange of gaining a large offering of profit in their account. They probably do sell their bitcoins so that they can have some funds to buy more bitcoins compared to the initial earning they have. Maybe in some reasons, people tend to sell their bitcoin because they are desperately in need of money and selling their bitcoin is the only way they can see to gather and gain enough money to sustain their needs. Since people tend to buy and buy and buy bitcoins to maximize their capacity and capability of earning.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

I can give a percentage but I know that the majority of the people are holding their bitcoins in order to have much bigger profit. Because we all knwobtahg bitcoins value never stops to grow. So that is angrrat opportunity to have a lot of bitcoins in your wallet. Because much bitcoins can lead into much profit, it can almost doubles you money that you're holding. Me and my friends are still holding our bitcoins for a while, it is almost a year and we have gain a lot of profit without doing anything lately because of the huge pump.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
This could be the reason for selling your bitcoin otherwise I think selling your bitcoin is not a sensible decision. Just think about the value of bitcoin in the future and the price. May if someone has more money he will buy more and more bitcoin besides he sells his holdings. If someone needs the money then he can sell some of his bitcoin and not all, if not then hold it for future needs.

I always remind myself that the value of bitcoin may increase tenfold in the years to come every time I get tempted to sell out my coins. I'd probably sell it during emergencies too or at times of need and only if I had no other choice; Bitcoin would be my last resort. As much possible, I would want to hodl all the bitcoins that I have.

Some sell out their bitcoins on a regular basis because they treat earning bitcoins as a sideline or regular income and they use the profit they get from it for regular and daily expenses.
Unless you'd arrived in the last couple of months you would've had to have worked rather hard not to have huge profits by now. Overall I'm up plenty. I don't really ever want to sell and I never have. I'd much prefer to spend if there's a need for something and I don't give a shit if it's instantly converted, that's their problem.

It all depends on what your goals are and what your immediate needs are. No one should be going without something vital if they have profits to play with. Equally they'd be monumentally stupid to spend it all on Steam games.

The stars are only just beginning to align. If people can afford to then they should at least wait a few more years until after the next halving.
Most alts went up about 10 times its price and bitcoin has gone up 4 times in this year alone, this is the perfect market for holders, just hold your bitcoin and get great profits, however even in this favorable market I have seen people claiming they have lost money, something that I find incredible but it may be possible for those that think they can outsmart the market only to find themselves left behind by bitcoin and the other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
not everyone thinks so, for example there are some people who rely on bitcoin as their main job so he used to use day to day he needed it for his living expenses, another case with people who invest his bitcoin, of course they have other jobs than bitcoin.
Probably for a 1000 people holding BTC only 1% of that thinking for selling it. Because more investors thinking of more profit and they believe that, holding it for long time the more they become more profitable us it's price hits in the market.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

500% of people? You know what it's hard to give a percentage on how many people can resist of selling their bitcoins when facing huge profits or after getting huge profits. The first question would probably this, why they would have to resist selling if that's going to give them a good profit. And personally I'm going to sell no matter what the price is as long as it pass my standards of getting profit.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
What do you think? Because of the good possibility of more, better profits.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Resist if the profit is so high? I don't think anyone can do that. Because we won't know if the chance will ever come again.
But still, there're some people that will keep their bitcoin. Because they believe they price or profit will surely increase, so maybe if they wait any longer the profit will be even more greater.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I couldn't resist selling at big profits.  Something that is keeping me from seeing huge profits regrettably.
If you can't resist selling at big profits but you want to keep holding those coins for a little bit longer then leave the market for a while because that is how you are going to make your holdings for a bit longer because if you will just get tempted to sell your coins at a big profits but you know that it will be better to sell it in the future then take a break to make it happen.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
If I'm out of cash and need that urgently,, I can't resist converting my bitcoin on fiat.. I'll be much open to it than others who bought they're bitcoin for I only earned it through social media campaign,, signature campaigns and many more ways..But I don't have to cash it all just a fraction of it for I still hold for future used.. But if in emergency situation I won't hesitate to exchanged it all..
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Many people are resisting as their goal is long term profit, doesn't matter how much profit they can get now. If the price is increasing too much on short-medium term, imagine how good it can be on long term. 500% is nothing for who is holding since Bitcoin was created or since some years ago. And those who will sell won't sell all their coins, they will probably keep holding a good amount of Bitcoins.

I am trying to put myself in their position, people who are in bitcoins from beginning have a lot of bitcoins and they were
in situation to take profit many times and probably it is hard to resist to sell or be greedy and wait more. 500% profit is a lot
of money and I would transfer some money on other places, I would be afraid to wait more, I am not a greedy person, but
I would not withdraw all, some I will stay for future.
   I tried to find answer on question how much will be the highest price for one bitcoin and I found many different answers, if
just half is true bitcoin is worth holding for a long time and to have at least one for next 20 years where price can go over $100k.

In past this percentage was too low as many people sell their bitcoin savings as soon as the price goes high, but with the passage of time people began to realize that holding is more beneficial than to sell. To be honest no one knows the exact percentage of the people who can resist selling their BTC on huge profit but i am sure that the percentage is increased a lot (may be about 500% but not sure) during the past couple of years.
It's been proven as time passed by, is value can really increase. For those who are really into saving then we can really resist cashing out.  But if were into spending when it's value increases we are tempted to spend it.
Yeah. It very much depends on the nature of the investor. If he is kind of person who wastes money a lot then he can of course not resist cashing out bitcoins when they show some good pumps but wise man is never ever going to withdraw maximum bitcoins on little pumps. He is going to wait until bitcoins touch his target.

Yes of course. The price of bitcoin is around 4250$.Every investor only cash out dollar only they want money in emergency. You will get huge profit only if the price of bitcoin reaches the moon or peak.It very hard to brought a Bitcoin in future. But it's possible to keep the bitcoin coin.
I think it is the total amount of profit that counts.
If you invest one dollar and get six dollars for it one day, you have a profit of 500%.
That would be no reason to cash out for me.
But if I had invested 100K and got 500K profit, things would be different.

This, it is not only about the return on investment it is about absolute numbers as well, someone that invested 1 dollar in bitcoin when bitcoin reached the dollar parity now only has one bitcoin and while that is more than many members of the forum that is not a big amount, but if someone bought when bitcoin was 1000 dollars but he bought 100 BTC then it becomes a lot more difficult to keep holding thanks to the huge profits that you have in absolute terms.
Pages:
Jump to: