Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people like really *LIKE* caffeine - page 3. (Read 2255 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
it still gives me a kick. i'm quite addicted to the taste of coffee by now, so it's hard to say that it's just the addiction to caffeine. but when you're addicted to something, it's hard to tell what you "like" and what you're "addicted to" and where the line is...
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Coffee is cheap and I like the taste.  I can get 24 oz of ground premium coffee for maybe $15.

Theobromine / Roasted Cocoa is healthier and doesn't have any of the negative overload or withdrawal symptoms but it's costs twice as much.   24 oz of Crio Bru will set me back $28.   It's also not as tasty as coffee, like you have to add milk or sugar to make it taste like hot chocolate or else you get stuck with a bitter watery drink.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Once upon a time, I overdosed on caffeine. From there, I learnt my lessons about dealing with caffeine.

After that, I lowered down my intake of caffeine to about 180-400 mg per day.

Never heard of a caffeine overdose. I guess I never quite took it to that level, LOL..... now my tolerance must be so high. So what happened when you overdosed? Symptoms?

I did vomit after like day 2 which made everything a lot better as there was still a LOT of caffeine in my vomit, hallucinations (or really weird dreams, not sure if I was awake or asleep), fast heartbeat, and massive confusion. I also believe I was massively dehydrated as well.

In reality, I took the equivalent of more than 37 redbulls of caffeine in less than an hour period. I've learnt my lesson. (~3 grams)
Buy and sell bitcoins,
Once upon a time, I overdosed on caffeine. From there, I learnt my lessons about dealing with caffeine.

Never heard of a caffeine overdose. I guess I never quite took it to that level, LOL..... now my tolerance must be so high. So what happened when you overdosed? Symptoms?
legendary
Activity: 882

Buy and sell bitcoins,
if you're hooked on caffeine, then there are ill effects. i know people who chug it down, and when they don't get their fix, they get headaches.

Meh, I've been drinking lots of coffee everyday for many years. I sometimes go days here and there without drinking any, never have problems. I also smoke a pack or 1.5 packs a week of cigarettes, but often abstain from smoking on the weekends. No ill effects there, either. I think it varies from person to person -- addiction, tolerance, etc.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
+1

caffeine addict here
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
an expresso will give me nausea and vertigo.. i like coffee, but not caffeine.

do u like 5 hour enercachoo?

what is enercachoo?
Activity: 252

do u like 5 hour enercachoo?
legendary
Activity: 1540
I drank way too much coffee once and it does make you feel ill 1 - 2 a day is safe, anything more regularly and you're asking for trouble.
Activity: 686
i like it too but i like others mentioned had to stop
if you're hooked on caffeine, then there are ill effects. i know people who chug it down, and when they don't get their fix, they get headaches.
Activity: 476
I drink coffee from dawn until dusk with no ill effects.
Activity: 798
I'm used to drinking a few cups of coffee a day. If I can't, I get a headache. It's bad.
Buy and sell bitcoins,
It doesn't do much for me most of the time, but that first cup of espresso in the morning can help open my eyes. That, I like. Mostly I'm just addicted to coffee and tea. Doesn't really matter if I like it. Smiley
Activity: 252
Coffee is related closely to cocaine and also chocolate comes from the same plant.  No wonder that coffee and chocolate are addictive.

why can't we tolerate cocaine use in this country?
legendary
Activity: 966
In holiday we trust
Coffee is related closely to cocaine and also chocolate comes from the same plant.  No wonder that coffee and chocolate are addictive.
Activity: 476
Caffeine isn't addicting, coffee is.

Wrongo, Boyo!

Caffeine use creates at least a dependence:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=43492

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Caffeine isn't addicting, coffee is.
Pages:
Jump to: