Pages:
Author

Topic: How Many Years on Bitcointalk? Take the Poll! - page 5. (Read 1068 times)

copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1814
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
I think around 1 and 1/2 years now... Making my second year in November 01, 2019. Wasn't sure whether to select 1 year or 2 years on the poll. Thou i wasn't so active in the beginning, the Journey has been amazing so far  Smiley

I discovered this forum through some telegram group
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
I found this forum through a colleague who is addicted to bitcoin. I have been here for more than 3 years now. Got interested in trading and mining crypto. There are some interesting reads here so I got hooked.

I think this topic should be moved to meta.
Activity: 71
Merit: 11
Amazing. 54% joined Bitcointalk in 2016 and in the earlier years. So I assume these guys have already made a lot of profit and are probably holding to some coins for another possible bullrun!

So, 46% are probably underwater if they didn't sell during the parabolic climb.  Tongue

Not everyone that was in crypto pre 2016 invested. At that time bitcoin was stuck between $220 - $250 for around ~10 months and there was genuine concern that crypto might die out. Only those that were willing to take immense risk bought back then. I bought some crypto during that time frame and yes i did sell in pump of 2017 however i did not end up a millionaire. As for another bullrun i don't think we will see one for a long time if ever. The time for massive price growth for crypto is gone i think, if price does increase it will be over a long period of time (10-20 years). 
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Although I knew about bitcoin since 2014, but this year is my 4th year in this forum.
Don't you think it is better to move this topic to Meta Board, as it is forum related topic while this board is for general bitcoin discussion?

Unsure, how I'd go about doing that. Currently, this board is under Bitcoin Discussion. In that, it is a poll of when you started and your Newbie Roots

It should be OK. I suppose if not a Bitcointalk Moderator will tell me and I'll have him move it as you suggest.

p.s. no one in the poll over 6 years on www.bitcointalk.org yet it seems.
copper member
Clueless!
Amazing. 54% joined Bitcointalk in 2016 and in the earlier years. So I assume these guys have already made a lot of profit and are probably holding to some coins for another possible bullrun!

So, 46% are probably underwater if they didn't sell during the parabolic climb.  Tongue

Not sure about profit....the 'hopefully enlightened' HODL mode .....(in my case) is in full 'idiot' swing, however...

chump or champ we will see. I do know that even if all goes full Tulips for BTC and Crypto. 1/2 of my hoard (plus 3 BTC) I will just be buried with

and my Trezor...worthless or not. (The original BTC I made on my KNC Jupiter BTC miner in 2013 a 'mental promise' to a deceased buddy) (R.I.P. Qazz)

So I have a floor..now if I crack above that % plus 3 BTC...that has yet to be seen in full. So I do have a 'thou shall not pass' floor on all this. Tulips

or Triumph.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264
i Would say im here for 4-5 years . My First year or two was just reading . On 2016 i decided to register and post something . Bitcointalk is the one of the websites/forum i check daily . As it looks from the pool most of the people got on bitcointalk same year , good to know that =]
Activity: 859
Merit: 251

Activity: 71
Merit: 11
I joined bitcointalk originally back in 2014. Stayed till around 2017 then left. Sometime in 2018 some russian hacker stole my account. From 2019 i have been using this new account. So all in all i have been a member here for around ~5 years.
copper member
Clueless!
I have joined this forum on August 05, 2015 So my account will be 4 years on August 05, this 2019 Well from the beginning of joining this site I don't have a clue on what to do and how to earn and cryptocurrency that I can imagine will be having a value, But past is past and back then it was questioning mostly all in the forum that I got to the top and establish my way in earning a sum, But for the years that have past it seems that in learning this forum site I can say that it is not really easy getting involved in the world of cryptocurrency and making your way to 1 Bitcoin.

As to making coin...I am now out of mining and am 'attic mining' ...selling stuff in the attic I would otherwise 'die with' and putting it into crypto.

Hey, its something. IF on the hope BTC goes back to the ATH I will look like a genius. IF BTC goes 'tulips' I will have an empty attic and turn it into

a Rec Room and my house goes-up $15k in value or past the ATH in price again. Win/Win. It is boring as heck to sell crap on eBay though. The pictures and eBay itself is much easier,

it is digging the crap out and finding a box. The cheap $50 postage mail scale works dandy. Boing....but this is the only way. Attic Mining. That I can still 'home mine'

in a sense and at least generate some dust BTC.

I suppose you also could go to estate sales or rummage sales on the weekends and flip stuff thru eBay to BTC as well.

Anyway, I have to have faith that BTC will go up another 2 to 7 times and this 'dust' attic mining project would all work out.

Also, for simplification, I just eat the fees and the shipping and add that to the BTC dust purchases after the sale. Worth it not to get into accounting

on this kinda stuff....just move it all to BTC with the majority of the $$$ made (or I should say all) with shipping and handling on eBay matched into BTC

for each sale. Made $900 bucks (including the s/h and fees) into BTC dust. I also put it at the tail end of my HODL BTC address...so I'm not tempted to

blow it. As it works now, each sale is the LAST BTC I could get to ..to sell....so all will come out ...if I ever sell this dust as Long Term Capital Gains.

This may be a 'crummy' angle, but gives me the illusion that I'm at least 1/2 assed getting some BTC and cleaning out my attic!

brad
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Although I knew about bitcoin since 2014, but this year is my 4th year in this forum.
Dont you think it is better to move this topic to Meta Board, as it is forum related topic while this board is for general bitcoin discussion?
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
I was fortunate enough to join in 2017 before the massive bull run really took off, but that makes me a relative fresh fish here compared to the OGs. It's a shame too, because I was following bitcoin back in 2011 when it was $11 - I just was unsure about its future and saw it as very speculative. It seemed like a cool technology, nonetheless. What caught my attention was its use by talented blackhat hackers.
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
less than 1 year since I joined the bitcointalk forum, here I am very happy and get some useful knowledge about the world of cryptocurrency
Yeah Bitcointalk is a very good place to learn about cryptocurrency. I'm very very glad to join this forum.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
I have joined this forum on August 05, 2015 So my account will be 4 years on August 05, this 2019 Well from the beginning of joining this site I don't have a clue on what to do and how to earn and cryptocurrency that I can imagine will be having a value, But past is past and back then it was questioning mostly all in the forum that I got to the top and establish my way in earning a sum, But for the years that have past it seems that in learning this forum site I can say that it is not really easy getting involved in the world of cryptocurrency and making your way to 1 Bitcoin.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I have been around for around two years. I joined when the Bitcoin exchange rates were around $1,000 per coin and the main reason why I joined was to earn some coins through signature campaigns and bounties. Have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!
Activity: 504
Merit: 127
Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus
I'm a year and a half since I joined bitcointalk. I became inactive last year because I don't seem to get some payments in here. Even joining a lot of bounties, it all ends up as a scam for me. That's why I'm just joining on signature campaign that are bitcoin payment not bounties anymore.
copper member
Clueless!
As an aside to Satoshi starting bitcointalk. Looks like the fake satoshi (Craig Wright) is in for a lot of pain.

https://twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1117448742892986368

Anyway. Looks like he has some folk that wishes to give him his day in court to prove he is Satoshi.

(Ancient Chinese Curse: May you live in "Interesting Times")

Anyway, we could clear this up quickly on my small little thread here if Satoshi https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3 would simply post here and take the poll.

I'm sure he will get right on that. Smiley

Anyway, back to your newbie stories on how you found BTC and when you started on www.bitcointalk.org

copper member
Clueless!
I am just three years old on this forum and it has been a great time since then, before I discovered this forum I have lost found amounting to $2000 to various ponzi schemes and scammers all in the quest to owning bitcoin. But ever since I got into the forum I have not lost any found again cause I have gain adequate knowledge about how the market works and how to own and protect my bitcoin.

We've all been there.

It is treacherous being a Newbie back in the day with crypto. (hell, probably still is. And I am too clueless to see the latest dangers)

Activity: 980
Merit: 114
I am just three years old on this forum and it has been a great time since then, before I discovered this forum I have lost found amounting to $2000 to various ponzi schemes and scammers all in the quest to owning bitcoin. But ever since I got into the forum I have not lost any found again cause I have gain adequate knowledge about how the market works and how to own and protect my bitcoin.
Activity: 119
Merit: 6
Hello =)
I've been here for 3 years officially.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
I joined almost 1 year. and in this forum it really amazed me and continued to follow the news in the forum. I often follow the bounty that is there and it really makes me take some time to work on and get results
Pages:
Jump to: