Pages:
Author

Topic: How much interest is reasonable for you? - page 8. (Read 17174 times)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250
August 09, 2016, 02:33:04 PM
Maximum of 2% per month interest is reasonable for me because there's a chance that they can return my investment with the state of business that they have and they already have a track record that they can earn that much with the time stipulated. Even the banks has an interest of 2% annually. If there's something not right like there are others who already have problems with them before then that's a red alert.

It depends on the risk. If the risk is high, I will want higher interest to compensate for the risk to be taken.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
August 07, 2016, 07:08:44 AM
On my system
http://u2cloudmining.winspiral.net
shares have made 13% in 3 months
vipshare have made 19% in 3 months
I can not know how much they will make in the future.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
August 07, 2016, 07:03:30 AM
Secured loans are typically 6-10%, while unsecured loans are 15-25%. Mortgages are under 4%.

In no situation are you, as an investor, reasonable to expect 10-20% per month, or 120-240% per year.
0.05 BTC for 3 days and 20% annual interest is less than 0.0001 BTC interest in 3 days. I do not risk 0.05 to get 0.0501.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
August 07, 2016, 03:35:26 AM
Maximum of 2% per month interest is reasonable for me because there's a chance that they can return my investment with the state of business that they have and they already have a track record that they can earn that much with the time stipulated. Even the banks has an interest of 2% annually. If there's something not right like there are others who already have problems with them before then that's a red alert.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
5% monthly will be better for me  Smiley
and upto 10 % can also be good too  Cheesy
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
3% monthly is the best for me.

I ll never go more than that.
10-20% is fair

Fair? According to what? Where can I look up the global standard for "fairness", because interest paid on investments is a function of risk to the investor along with market rates.

Are we familiar with the concept of MARKET PRICING? Interest is the value of money, i.e. the price of money. Bitcoin is essentially indexed to the USD for its value, which means that interest rates should match up with what you can earn in USD investments.

For stocks, that would be around 15-20% per year, currently...if you put together a solid portfolio.

Bonds will be under 2% in most cases, hardly even worth it.

Secured loans are typically 6-10%, while unsecured loans are 15-25%. Mortgages are under 4%.

In no situation are you, as an investor, reasonable to expect 10-20% per month, or 120-240% per year.

It depends on the situation. If the borrower has a lot of collateral, and the collateral is 300% more, 5% is OK.

But if the borrowed amount is small, to cover your cost, it is better to charge higher interest or fees.
Activity: 56
10-20% is fair

Fair? According to what? Where can I look up the global standard for "fairness", because interest paid on investments is a function of risk to the investor along with market rates.

Are we familiar with the concept of MARKET PRICING? Interest is the value of money, i.e. the price of money. Bitcoin is essentially indexed to the USD for its value, which means that interest rates should match up with what you can earn in USD investments.

For stocks, that would be around 15-20% per year, currently...if you put together a solid portfolio.

It depends on the situation. If the borrower has a lot of collateral, and the collateral is 300% more, 5% is OK.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
10-20% is fair

I`d say anything over 2% is very risky, definitely not those 'double your coins in 6 hours' type investments.

My asset generates ~ 0.9-1%  ROI / monthly, it is invested in low risk loans and other assets.

I agree with that. It is very difficulty for the 2% interest borrower to make profit and pay you back.
I`d say anything over 2% is very risky, definitely not those 'double your coins in 6 hours' type investments.

My asset generates ~ 0.9-1%  ROI / monthly, it is invested in low risk loans and other assets.
Activity: 332
January 26, 2016, 08:24:59 AM
For me 5% a month is really good.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
January 26, 2016, 03:39:37 AM
None. Anyone offering big amounts of interest is probably gonna steal your coins eventually. There's no free lunch in bitcoin and usually you're paying for it even if you didn't plan to.

This, anything above 5% a month is a big time red alarm. Be careful what you do with your money.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 24, 2016, 07:56:57 PM
None. Anyone offering big amounts of interest is probably gonna steal your coins eventually. There's no free lunch in bitcoin and usually you're paying for it even if you didn't plan to.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
January 20, 2016, 05:51:18 AM
I would say 2-5 % is reasonable and good for me if i find a safe return , Safer with less interest is much better than high risk investment with high interest even that for on day .
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
January 18, 2016, 03:13:39 PM
For me the range will be between 1-7 % monthly ,  and i think i can take 1 % if there is a full grantuee of a safe return.
Also it depends on the actual price of BTC at the time of giving & Return.

Compare Crypto returns to returns from any other industry and u ll see that Crypto triumphs everywhere. So, anything around 5% a month is really, really awesome result.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 17, 2016, 11:27:16 AM
For me the range will be between 1-7 % monthly ,  and i think i can take 1 % if there is a full grantuee of a safe return.
Also it depends on the actual price of BTC at the time of giving & Return.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 16, 2016, 09:41:52 AM
You people are ridiculous thinking about how much "interest" to get on your bitcoins.  They've climbed 50% in value in the last 30 days and you think somebody can afford to pay interest on top of that?!  You'll be lucky to get back your coins at all if you lend them out in this climate.

This discussion interesting me much. On my signature you could see how and why i ask for BTC , and you could understand that in my opinion there a good rates for lenders is possible, but not more than this....

Here a part of my tread (for 2 month i offer 20%):

WHY I TURN TO YOU FOR A LOAN?

Because, on balance, the financing costs are the same than those who go to pay in the case of Bank loans and / or Bank credit facilities, in fact:
1) Using your loans I pay my purchases in cash on delivery, and this allows me to get an average discount of 5%,but sometimes i can get even bigger discounts.
2)   It’s important to note that in every purchase I pay at least 50% with my own money the and if the liquid assets available to let me I try to pay in full with all my money (all depends on the sales and the periods in which there are no taxes to pay);
3)   Usually my order value gone from 1000 to 3500 € : This  means that  for 1000 €  order, i borrow no more than 500 euro, and i pay on this 500x20%= 100 € as interest. But if you consider discount obtained for paying in cash at delivery (1000 euro*5%= 50 Euro), i've a net cost for financing my order of 50 € , that mean i pay about 5% rate flat for 2 mount  ( about 30% yearly). Please consider that using Bank found in italy costs about 22% yearly or use credit card cost over 30% yearly.

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
January 16, 2016, 09:20:36 AM
How much interest is reasonable and trustworthed for you and you can invest your bitcoins?

For me it's 0-10 % montly

I think that depends from risk. If its somethin 100% sure (who knows what is 100 % sure?) then 1 % monthly will be great, even less.
More risk more % of course.
January 16, 2016, 07:50:54 AM
5-10% per month is reasonable.
Pages:
Jump to: