Pages:
Author

Topic: How old would you be by 2140? - page 6. (Read 973 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 55
March 20, 2024, 08:46:30 PM
I'll rather get a different point from this topic, I think this should act as a motivation to many others thinking they are too late to start buying bitcoin this should be a motivation that bitcoin would far outlive many of us and we are still to early to be complaining about price, many of our generation woudl be blessed if we buy bitcoin and stkre for them even if we are no able to use it all or end up over accumulating, it's far better that way that to actually have none, apart from for our generation any one that holds bitcoin for up to 29 years whoke still in his youth and accumulating steadily maybe with up to 1k monthly DCA or weekly based on his income while his mate spend it on parties would be close to having  1 bitcoin in 3 years if he does it monthly and this is not a very bad achievement to accomplish in less than 20 years cause only God knows what bitcoin would be worth then.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 20, 2024, 08:10:53 PM
Let's be realistic for once and at least accept the truth that the idea of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will infact out live many of us now with as many more as 29 more halvings from the 32 Bitcoin halving estimated to happen every four years till 2140 when the 21 million BTC is expected to be in maximum supply.  BTC will be fully in existence and all mining activities will have to cease at the time.
Emphasis is mine: Just because all 21MBTC will have been mined does NOT mean the end of mining. Mining will NOT cease because Rewards will have been replaced by the Fees as intended. Already many times this year block Fees have exceeded the 3.125BTC Reward coming up after the halving in April.

You do know that Bitcoin cannot exist without mining right?

* how old would you be by 2140?
I will be long dead by then so as old as I am when I die. Knock wood, around 85-95 or more years old based on my family history.
* What's your excuse for not investing in owning Bitcoin now?
Um, I've been mining since 2014 and already own more than enough BTC to last me...
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
March 20, 2024, 07:58:42 PM
FOMO Or the mere thoughts of investing in BTC is this;
By 2140, I'll have been old enough to have witnessed 10 American presidents.

I don't have any excuse for not investing in Bitcoin because I am already doing that. Rather you should ask me what's stopping be from expanding my knowledge about Bitcoin. And the answer is Bitcoin space is so wide that when I think about it, I don't know if I should focus on learning about mining, or the technical aspect. I am just too non-technical for it. I have a desire to teach Bitcoin to business executives but I am just too scared thinking that they may not be receptive enough.
Activity: 140
Merit: 63
March 20, 2024, 07:41:18 PM
Tell me, would this earth still be in existence in 2140? Or would we humans probably destroyed it by then? I mean, look at the way the world is going. Well, it doesn’t even matter because there’s only going to be a super little amount of us who could be alive by then. Some of us have already lived half our lives and would be about maybe 140 - 170 years by then. Even for those birthed right now, they’ll be 115 years at that time, and that’s a lot.
You are correct about that. 115 he assumes is just for a new born baby who will start counting from this day because those who might be 30+ or 40+ or 50+ may never even leave to see 2070 talk more of 2140 actually no one is thinking of such. I'm as much as people believe so much in Bitcoin doe not mean every one must leave to see the end of it but many will leave to see it. Just like most people may have prophesied about Bitcoin, but where not able to see the results of the prophesy probably because they are no more, but we are a living witness to it today. So shall we also goin' to prophesy about bitcoin and another generation will see it. Bitcoin is remain forever but man have limited days.
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 20, 2024, 07:28:50 PM
It has already been proven and a known fact that none of us who are active on this forum today will be alive to witness the last bitcoin halving, so it's not something new again. 

And to answer the next question: Bitcoin halving is not part of the reason most people invest in bitcoin; it's just that the halving reduces the reward the miners receive, which means the supply that is to go into the market will reduce, which will spike the price upward. 

We can't enjoy all the profit that will come from Bitcoin; let's just take what you can and leave the rest for those who will be here to enjoy it. Besides,  even before that time, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your holdings long before the person gets very old and can transfer the holdings to the next generation if necessary.
I included a brief talk on the halving to iterate or bring to speed the newbies that may have been seeing the word fly around this forum without having as much understanding of it or as to why.

I also think with this reminder of how much time is left, it would be wise to key in and follow a plan to profit from BTC despite any FUD or FOMO.
We should do well to start teaching the younger ones or our offsprings or those we care for, about BTC and cryptocurrencies in general so that they can be fully equipped and engaged in it before we get old, tired and die with the knowledge and a wallet of coins.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
March 20, 2024, 07:00:01 PM
Tell me, would this earth still be in existence in 2140? Or would we humans probably destroyed it by then? I mean, look at the way the world is going. Well, it doesn’t even matter because there’s only going to be a super little amount of us who could be alive by then. Some of us have already lived half our lives and would be about maybe 140 - 170 years by then. Even for those birthed right now, they’ll be 115 years at that time, and that’s a lot.
Activity: 462
Merit: 304
March 20, 2024, 06:47:47 PM
It has already been proven and a known fact that none of us who are active on this forum today will be alive to witness the last bitcoin halving, so it's not something new again. 

And to answer the next question: Bitcoin halving is not part of the reason most people invest in bitcoin; it's just that the halving reduces the reward the miners receive, which means the supply that is to go into the market will reduce, which will spike the price upward. 

We can't enjoy all the profit that will come from Bitcoin; let's just take what you can and leave the rest for those who will be here to enjoy it. Besides,  even before that time, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of your holdings long before the person gets very old and can transfer the holdings to the next generation if necessary.
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
March 20, 2024, 06:28:47 PM
Let's be realistic for once and at least accept the truth that the idea of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will infact out live many of us now with as many more as 29 more halvings from the 32 Bitcoin halving estimated to happen every four years till 2140 when the 21 million BTC is expected to be in maximum supply.  BTC will be fully in existence and all mining activities will have to cease at the time.

The Bitcoin Halving is when Bitcoin's mining reward is split in half. It takes the blockchain network about four years to open 210,000 more blocks, a standard set by the blockchain's creators to continuously reduce the rate at which the cryptocurrency is introduced.
Source: https://www.investopedia.com/bitcoin-halving-4843769

So many FUD and FOMO has been created in order to poke holes at the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto for Bitcoin and to scare potential investors from investing in cryptocurrency, but one thing for sure is that all these cases only stands to test the authenticity and credibility of Bitcoin as a decentralized crypto currency with good store value and with potential of giving good profit.

I don't need to beat around the bush further because what I want you to know that perhaps you haven't thought to sit and give a careful consideration about, before being bothered about any FUD and FOMO Or the mere thoughts of investing in BTC is this;

Pages:
Jump to: