Pages:
Author

Topic: How secure are you when unknown user chats you up? - page 5. (Read 810 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
Maybe next when you found out his intentions weren't of good thoughts then blocking him or her would have been the best options.
Technically no learned and pretty female will chat you up and began to ask after your country without any any business deal or negotiation and transactions. To me is very suspicious and too risky to continue communicating with her before you could fall victim of being scammed, next is to block such people except in a case were you shared your contact to such person then you guys could continue discussion.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
Do you offer a service in online and you're mention your telegram in order to reach you? if not, there's no reason to reply a stranger. I always avoid or delete all of stranger reply to my accounts.

Just as have said earlier, I have never involved myself with any online services or in dishing out my contact information to anyone else to contact me, as a matter of fact I was very surprised seeing such activity.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
On telegram you will see these profiles with female picture in the profile and usually not in another group with you - raises the question how they got your user ID to contact you. This is because of you are in a group, predatory people take the user IDs from there and spam every one of those with tempting messages from a different user id, so the other one remains in the group as an innocent bystander profile, pretty much a sockpuppet advantage that telegram gives them.

You can be assured that these are all scammers so block them on their first message and never reply back, it is a waste of time to do so.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I am fully secure in my view. I remember a person that chatted with me after I joined a telegram group, telling me that he is from Brazil and introduced me to meta trade or something. I laughed and start to take his time too. Where it landed is a lie from me to have a physical visit with me in my country. It ended as nothing, no scam success because I knew he was a scammer even before the start of our conversation. Nothing like online friends to me, they are all scammers and they have not disappointed me before not to be a good person. Recently I got busier and I just ignor strangers. I did not also join groups again and nothing like new stranger 's messaging.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Why do you even communicate with strangers that way? I understand that things like this cannot be avoided if you sell something online or offer some virtual services, but if you leave your contact around, then you can't expect anything other than that all kinds of strange people (scammers) will contact you.

If I were you, that chat would end after one or two messages, and that user would be blocked. It's not that I'm afraid that someone will deceive me or something similar, but I consider such things a complete waste of time.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
It is almost always a question of the intention of fraud. The conversation usually starts with a short introduction, an inquiry about personal life and, if possible, giving a certain dose of empathy. It's actually a psychological game and it's trying to gain some kind of trust.
Everything is actually preparation for what follows, proposing a very profitable investment, business or whatever. Because you will more easily accept and believe in advice from someone you already know in some way. if you are a little more inert, it will be harder for you to tell him to screw up, and he will use that to pressure you to give in and believe his proposals.

If, for example, you would slow down the conversation or answer only briefly, the business proposal would arrive quite quickly, without further intimation. still want to try because you are responsive and didn't block him immediately.

Always keep in mind why a complete stranger would contact you and propose a super profitable job or investment. That doesn't even happen in fairy tales, there is always a final motive.
If such things bother you, right-click on the username and the "block" option is the solution. You should not allow any harassment from unknown people on the Internet
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
Caps lock, sir sir, using fake profile, and no point discussion, do you really think it's a good reason to believe the user is legit? a beautiful girl will not contact your first because they have a high prestige and egoism.

Do you offer a service in online and you're mention your telegram in order to reach you? if not, there's no reason to reply a stranger. I always avoid or delete all of stranger reply to my accounts.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
Beware of scammers!!
Okay below are all rundown of what happened during the conversation

How secure do you feels when unknown user chats you and immediately begins to demand of your country where your chatting from?
What do you think could be their reason for chatting you up and instantly demanding your country of residence, does this makes any sense and how do you cope with such question or do you feels that such user has an evils motives towards you to either scam you or harm.
What are likelihood of this user not wanting to scam me because of his or her questions.

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here but I felt I should share to people for them to be aware how scammers operates in order to scam us due to our insecurities and being to open to them.

The screenshot above fully explain our discussion and immediately he noticed I wasn't being friendly to him he decided to runaway without going further, however I never thought of giving my username to anyone to chat me up or even negotiates deal with anybody, i saw this after i finished bathing my baby this morning.

Please I would love to get your reasoning concerning his or her actions.
Pages:
Jump to: