Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be a good speaker? - page 6. (Read 1106 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 05:13:30 PM
Talk confidently, without any hesitation. Even if you are worried while speaking try to pretend like you are not. And, always try to speak out loud.
Activity: 182
May 07, 2018, 04:44:08 PM
to be a good speaker, is base on practices and confidence
Activity: 13
May 07, 2018, 04:03:33 PM
Read more. Read anything that can be read to add knowledge and insight. And the most important thing is to enrich the vocabulary. Then often discuss with people who have knowledge and ideas. I think this way is powerful to train myself to be able to speak well with the content of quality delivery
Activity: 11
May 07, 2018, 02:55:19 PM
Meeting with the people you are going to be speaking to before you give your speech has several benefits. First, it warms them up to you. Second, it lets you gauge their sense of humor, which is particularly critical if you are a speaker that tends to let a curse word fly or uses bold and provocative stories or language. Finally, you can glean insights to incorporate into your presentation
Activity: 5
May 07, 2018, 02:41:03 PM
To be a good speaker is to be a good listener so much for that, speaking in the front of lots of people is not simply as you think fist thing you have to consider is the interest of your listener is your topic can catch the of the listener?next is how you deliver your topic how they can understand your topic?by speaking fluently continues through maybe you can add some twist for the listener to enjoy the topic and last you must have full of knowledge about your topic and full of self confidence when you are standing in front of lots of people while speaking
27v
Activity: 30
May 07, 2018, 02:35:09 PM
Start with reading more to help improve your vocabulary and try reading aloud as well. Practice makes perfect, try talking to yourself whenever you're alone and in the mirror as well. Give yourself practice interview questions and watch yourself to see if your body language matches what you are trying to say. Hopefully this will help you become a better speaker.
Activity: 10
May 07, 2018, 11:36:53 AM
good speaker is a good listener.
Activity: 169
May 07, 2018, 11:07:45 AM
To become a good speaker requires a lot of knowledge available in person, and one thing to grow and become a speaker you will have to learn many things around constantly.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
May 06, 2018, 05:46:23 AM
It depents on the kind of speech.

In general being informative and passionate are good startin
Activity: 137
May 06, 2018, 05:29:56 AM
Practcie makes perfect I guess.the more you do itbetter you will become.
Activity: 12
May 06, 2018, 05:02:50 AM
confidence confidence and more confidence
Activity: 24
May 06, 2018, 04:48:24 AM
there are online courses on this subject that you can take. i would also recommend working on your body language. body language is highly important when communicating with other people.
Activity: 46
May 06, 2018, 04:41:42 AM
Find a subject that you know a lot about and practice speaking to someone about it. It is difficult to talk when you don't know the subject and don't have much to say. Build up your general knowledge so you always have something to talk about
Activity: 116
May 05, 2018, 11:09:06 PM
There's a Youtube Channel called "Charisma on Demand" you should watch it, that channel is helpful to master public speaking and confidence. Grin Grin Good luck
Activity: 10
May 05, 2018, 08:56:56 PM
For being a good speaker you need to maintain good eye contact principally
Activity: 21
May 05, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
For being a good speaker you need to maintain good eye contact principally
Activity: 26
May 05, 2018, 06:07:50 PM
I am really having a problem with my speaking skills especially one-on-one. Can you give me some advice or link about improving speaking skills coz I think it will really be hard to get hired.
Activity: 191
May 02, 2018, 02:06:59 AM
You should practice speaking in public. And that is how you speak more fluently while speaking.
Activity: 21
May 01, 2018, 03:04:21 PM
Be confident on what you are speaking about - practice it until you know it almost off-by-heart.

Take notes. Everyone forgets things sometimes.

Speak slowly where possible - remember that you know what you want to say (hopefully) but the audience may need more time to process it.

Speak loudly but don't shout. If you have the option of a microphone try to avoid handheld ones so you can flip through notes or activate remote for slides.

Try to scan your audience where possible so it looks like you are speaking to them, not just reciting.

Always keep in the back of your mind that you judge yourself way more harshly than anyone else will. I've spoken at many events and meetings and I can still remember times I got something wrong or did something I though was embarrassing. I've seen many more people present and I can't remember any specifics of the times they have made mistakes although I know some made errors (I just can't remember when or who). It's human nature to be self-conscious but you can learn to get past it with practice and perspective.
Activity: 121
May 01, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
At first, a person ought to be eager to say something. Strong motivation is the clue.
Pages:
Jump to: