Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 3. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 09:22:18 PM
Discovering girls (or guys) is what did it for me.  Of course this was in 1988 and I was rocking an original Nintendo with Milli Vanilli blasting in the background.  The fact that any girl wanted to chill out with me was a miracle! But it happened, and I dropped the video games and started chasing girls around immediately.  
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 05:54:41 PM
Well, to break any addiction frome something, you must put your attention on some other thing. You can introduce yourself to some outdoor sport, or some other kind of hobby that does not involve video games.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
January 21, 2018, 04:49:49 PM
In breaking teenage addiction you dont have to rush it because if you did rush it like destroying all your gadgets so that your son/daughter won play anymore you will cause psychological impact in them,  you dont want your child rebelling agaisnt you right? I suggest do it little by little start by giving them a hobby or something to focus on like real life stuff getting friends keep doing that until your child fully adapts.
Activity: 69
January 21, 2018, 03:37:27 PM
Get rid of any gaming console present.... block their access online to most frequently visited gaming sites. Replace all this with them reading books more.

And also communication is key.... I still believe when u make them see the reasons for ur actions some will understand and adhere to the new instructions given

I think another good idea would be to get rid of their online console, get them a non online older one. A Game Cube, PS2, etc. The games are cheaper, and if it's all they have they will enjoy it just as much.
Activity: 69
January 21, 2018, 02:46:56 PM
Are all those online community games? Block the connection to those servers at a router level.
Activity: 182
January 21, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
Get rid of any gaming console present.... block their access online to most frequently visited gaming sites. Replace all this with them reading books more.

And also communication is key.... I still believe when u make them see the reasons for ur actions some will understand and adhere to the new instructions given
Activity: 38
January 21, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
The only videogame I played  and addicted as a teenager was FIFA. Once you grow older, your interest will slowly decrease in those suffs .That is my experience.But as for to break while in teenage is to try to be busy in other things like sports or study or hangout with friends and be socially active.That can break.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 02:10:56 PM
You need to spend more time with your child. If he plays a lot in the video games, it means that he is not interested in his friends, or his parents.
Activity: 13
January 21, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

there's nothing else to help but we just own it .. it's ok to play games just do not overdo it. because everything is so bad
Activity: 78
January 21, 2018, 12:59:45 PM
If he doesn't want to stop playing video games, it can't work. And you can meet professionals who will advise you how to do that.
Activity: 211
Merit: 15
January 21, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
Football, basketball, martial arts or chess clubs are good alternatives. If he is successful in one particular field he will take part at local tournaments which will increase his self esteem. He can also start a part time job he is interested in and start earning own money which serves to the same goal.
Activity: 85
January 21, 2018, 10:24:32 AM
We need to step by step get out with your children and convince in outdoor activities that very interesting and keep the gadgets from them
Activity: 79
January 21, 2018, 10:12:59 AM
Unfortunately today's online gaming tends to lead its fans to negative things. In China, Internet addicts are rehabilitated by being put into camps much like in military training to cure them. more than 70 percent of the 110 participants who participated were Internet addicts especially online games. In fact the impact of online games more negative than positive. is expected to every individual who has been addicted to this game, so as soon as possible to change immediatelytheir habits.driven by a sincere desire that online game addicts can instantly change their habits. If you are serious about quitting this addiction, the first thing you must have is the determination and the strong will to get rid of the habits. indeed initially will have difficulty to remain able to keep commitment.But believe me, if your intention is strong, then you will be able to pass it well, motivasi yourself that you can definitely change .
Activity: 58
January 20, 2018, 02:19:55 AM
Blocking the web games mentioned above, it's just not our job. but the minister of technology and information state
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
January 20, 2018, 02:19:29 AM
Parents should persevere in guiding their children. They must always on close watch and divert the attention of their kids to other activities especially like family bonding, travel with family, go outdoor activities.
Activity: 128
January 09, 2018, 09:33:03 AM
By convincing them to join other activities in their school . Maybe parents must also give them  time to make some bonding , like going out , malling etc.
to enjoy them and didnt remember the video game .
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
January 09, 2018, 07:54:09 AM
Well, I think it's already too late for a teenager if he/she is addicted. It's more an educational question, if your child has extra activities like sport, art etc, he/she has more chance to keep doing these things later instead of playing video game
But once you're into it, it seems hard !
Activity: 36
January 09, 2018, 07:44:42 AM
Restricting them from playing at all will only cause more problems. It's better to give them a decent amount of time to play even during weekdays to prevent them from sneaking off somewhere which isn't safe at all.
Activity: 1
January 09, 2018, 07:43:00 AM
Get out of the home and do something which you enjoy doing.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 07:40:38 AM
This depends on the level of the addiction. Start by talking to them about that addiction and what they can do to take the necessary steps to break the addiction. If that doesn't work, you may have to resort to forcibly taking their gaming systems. Just create strict rules to monitor their gameplay. If they does not listen, a stricter approach is needed. Ground them for a certain period of time. Unplug system and hide it.

Smiley Smiley LAST RESORT: Break it in front of them, or SELL it............
Pages:
Jump to: