Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 6. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 396
Merit: 100
December 26, 2017, 09:28:11 AM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.
I am honest actually I am also a connoisseur of the game even addicted, in fact it back kediri ourselves want to change. I stopped playing games since bitcoin came in my life. so your conclusion must find positive activity to get rid of game addiction
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 26, 2017, 09:00:02 AM
Give them advices about the effect of addiction with video game. They can play video game just to fill their free time after they finish their homework or task.
As parents please don't force your kid with your will, but just tell them your experience about life. What is the better to their life, but remember not obtrude to them. You can make a bond/ tight relationship and embrace them as a friend, not like a leader.
Stoping the addiction of video game its comes to our effort and will, so there is no people can't force it. So just lead our children to do the best to their life.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2017, 05:52:15 AM
perhaps the best option for parents is to enjoy simple things by themselves and then children from childhood will see how much joy around, and not just in the virtual world...after all, children go there because their reality is not interesting
Activity: 294
December 25, 2017, 11:50:44 AM
Doing Positive Things at Leisure Time
As much as possible take your time to do other activities besides playing online games. Expand positive activities you can do such as joking with family, sports, writing blogs, playing music, and so forth. make yourself as busy as possible with your new hobby so you do not have a chance to think about playing the onlline games again.

Mix with Others
Interacting with others is very important to humans. therefore, start outdoors do not confine yourself in the room, call soon your friends to gather together discuss positive activities .
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
December 24, 2017, 12:22:05 AM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.
It is really up to them,They are the ones who could stop such things ,
I know a few people who are addicted to video games and they have stop their addiction in video games through doing some physical activity.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
December 23, 2017, 10:32:41 PM
sports is probably best. tactical sports. martial arts? teaches you discipline.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
December 23, 2017, 10:16:52 PM
one of the best way to break that addiction is to introduce some sports or any activities not related to video games, or some of activities that they like playing in video games.

I think this is the best way. But not all children get addicted to sport, it depends on their surrounding. If all their friends play video games why would they choose sport instead? Maybe we can show on our example how sport can influence on individuals, and in particular on young people.

i agree with you, we just need them to be into sports by accompanying them to play different sports. maybe some of them would not want to play baskeball but maybe they like some other sports, right ?
Activity: 175
E-Commerce For Blockchain Era
December 23, 2017, 09:52:01 PM
For me its hard to stop the things that you always do or a habit like youve said the addiction of teenager to the video games because right now its much easier to access to the computer and internet so why not talk to them the disadvantage of being into it to the video games and give them some things that may attract their attentions.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 23, 2017, 08:52:43 PM
When you stop gaming, there will be a huge gap of time in which you’ll have nothing to do. Pick up a few other hobbies, such as golf, tennis, magic, gardening, musical instruments, reading, writing, knitting, woodworking, etc. Not only will you learn some new skills, they’ll help keep your mind off gaming.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 23, 2017, 05:28:13 PM
Teenage game addiction is just a phase in life, Once that time pass, the kid is going to break that addiction especially when they find out that there are things that are way more important than gaming in the first place. Once they have responsibilities, they will put the gaming aside.
Activity: 238
December 23, 2017, 04:38:10 PM
Learn to socialize with others. Turn off your console or pc, go out, meet reall people, create true friends and talk to them. Once you realize that human interaction is more important then you wont stop playing games.
Activity: 182
Merit: 15
December 22, 2017, 06:26:22 PM
A little play is good for relaxation and escape. However any addiction is bad. Getting outside or to the gym is hard for teh first few weeks, but with effort it become an healthy addiction. 
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
December 21, 2017, 06:18:57 PM
My kids always play games no matter what, so i am curious in your methods too

How old are they. By 14 they won't lose interest in video games, but the hormone change will diminish it a little.

I think this is the most correct answer
I can almost blindly guarantee you that it won't change anything based on experience.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 04:16:08 PM
u just can't stop
they will be stop when they really want
Activity: 86
Merit: 36
December 21, 2017, 03:54:41 PM
As with all addictions, there are a number of proven strategies:

- new environment (try to hang out with people outside where there are no computers)
- exercise has been shown to be very beneficial for addictions; when you get the urge to play try to go for a run for 10 minutes and see if you feel different.
- visualisation: imagine yourself having played for too long, not getting other things done. How would you feel? think like this each time you want to play.
- meditation can help distance yourself from cravings.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Physically cut the cord like my Mom did to me when my Pops/! was pulling an all nighter. Problem solved...
Activity: 36
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
Although it does not seem to be a big problem, I understand that for many people it's quite difficult to control this habit.
From my experience, the best way to break a habit is by substituting this for something that makes you even more motivated and happy, and it depends on the individual, because each one is good at different things.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 03:00:39 PM
The same way to break Television, Radio and social platforms addiction......
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
December 21, 2017, 01:48:56 PM
The parents are guilty for their children addictions. If you give your children permission for gaming buy them a gaming pc the chances are pretty high that the kid will be a addict. The only way to break addiction is to say your kid STOP.
That's not how life works.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
The parents are guilty for their children addictions. If you give your children permission for gaming buy them a gaming pc the chances are pretty high that the kid will be a addict. The only way to break addiction is to say your kid STOP.
Pages:
Jump to: