Pages:
Author

Topic: How to calculate profit - page 5. (Read 1454 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0
July 03, 2018, 08:07:35 AM
Your profit is 10300$.
Activity: 108
July 03, 2018, 07:45:06 AM
What will be in your hands after paying taxes, then your profit will be.
Activity: 112
July 03, 2018, 07:17:13 AM
If you're very lucky and you will be able to sell without taxes 10 then 300 will be your profit, as the 100 you have already invested.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
July 03, 2018, 07:08:14 AM
Make a plan on buying a coin in a specific amount and sell it in your preferred amount that way you will easily calculate your income and that's best when it comes to day trading because everyday you will monitor your earnings and you can easily know how much you earn that day. While on the other side long term holdings needs time to fully see a good amount of profit so maybe you will forget how much you bought that coin, but of course if you do a note you will calculate too.
Activity: 572
Merit: 250
July 03, 2018, 06:26:40 AM
Perhaps to be clearer in the counter you have to determine exactly what price you make the purchase, then you calculate what percentage of your capital ratio with the position of purchase price, then after you get what percent of your capital then multiplied by the price position where you will do the closing. .... Taaadaaaa .... Then comes the amount of your profit
That is not included with the transaction fee, I can not hurt because the transaction fee of each market is different
There is no doubt that every forum or exchange meant for transactions is having their own terms and conditions. You need to choose the one which suits you and supporting the coins you are having in wallet. In order to measure your profits, it is worth considering the services of excel. You can make a sheet there and use simple formulas to keep track of your profits and losses. This is what I do.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
June 28, 2018, 04:18:12 PM
So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
You dont profit. You will pay for gas even but why sell? If you bought it at this price why sell in the same price? What is your goal in buying it in the first place? If your goal is to play its ok but for the purpose of investment you gotta think 100x before letting it go from your wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
June 28, 2018, 03:32:33 PM
Maybe it would sound silly, but I Consider my earned money only that that I have in my pocket. While it is still on the screen, I don't consider it as I have earned it. It is very much easier.
Activity: 518
June 28, 2018, 08:36:09 AM
In order to calculate what you gain from your investments,  just simply do the simple mathematics. Just subtract your capital from the total amount you have from selling your tokens. That's it.
Activity: 280
June 28, 2018, 08:22:57 AM
So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
If you want to get a real profit why selling it on the price you bought it? Why not try to put more patience to wait until bitcoin hits $20,000 or more?? don't be a panic seller mate if you want to get big profit because if you sell it in that price for sure you will regret it . Anyway my to answer your question is you will LOSS .
Activity: 322
June 28, 2018, 07:59:54 AM
Perhaps to be clearer in the counter you have to determine exactly what price you make the purchase, then you calculate what percentage of your capital ratio with the position of purchase price, then after you get what percent of your capital then multiplied by the price position where you will do the closing. .... Taaadaaaa .... Then comes the amount of your profit
That is not included with the transaction fee, I can not hurt because the transaction fee of each market is different
Activity: 322
June 28, 2018, 07:57:07 AM
Activity: 344
Merit: 105
June 28, 2018, 06:38:58 AM

How can you make profit if you do buy and sell into same amount?
Well It seems a loss to me since there is no change in the buying and selling price. You will be paying fees along the way, so you need some gains.
Calculating profit is quite easy. Basing on your example, you can't say you want to calculate profit, but losses instead. Because you bought $100 when the price is $10,400 then you sold your 100 minus transaction fees, when the price is also 10,400.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
June 28, 2018, 06:25:39 AM
It seems that there is some technical mistake from your side but still if you are confident about buy and sell figures, then you will not only earn any profits but you will lose your money and time due to the expenses occurred during this trade process. There are some invisible costs which take place while buying and selling as well as depositing and withdrawing funds so in this case, you might have to pay some amount out of your pocket.
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
June 28, 2018, 05:12:06 AM
You gained no profit because you sold it the same amount when you purchased it.  You will gain profit if sold it with higher price. Total amount when you sold it less the amount when you purchased it and the fee equals profit(if possitive) (if negative then it will be net loss)

Calculating the profit is not that big of a deal as it's made in the thread.

It's easy you're buying bitcoin at price 10,000 and later the price of bitcoin increase up to 10,100 then you're in profit and its vice-versa is losing.

Activity: 888
Merit: 500
June 26, 2018, 08:48:43 AM
You will not get any profit if your selling price is as same as your first buying price. If it goes like that, you will only get your capital back. But if you, for example, first buying price at $10,400 then suddenly the price goes up to $10,600 you already get a little profit. From that side you can see that the price is up and down, profit or not, you know what choice you have to take. For me it is easy to see wether it is profitable or not, but to predict the price that is hard, but one thing for sure, you have to gain profit above your capital.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
June 26, 2018, 07:57:20 AM
Calculating exact profit in a highly volatile investment is not advisable, especially if you are doing a short time investment, or multiple altcoin trading. It may be simple as capital minus gain minus fee, equals to profit, but it is not really not that simple. We expect a higher level of profit here in bitcoin. We expect a life changing profit like what the others have actually achieved. It takes time, and it makes your investment simpler than other investment that requires a lot of math to profit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
June 26, 2018, 07:38:58 AM
No one in this global world would like to trade and lose at the end of the trading. Each and every one would like to maximize profit or gain to his or satisfaction. It is good to deal with all transaction so that the profit calculation would be a bit easier. Not long ago, I lost huge sums of money by buying a coin at a higher price and hodl thinking it’s price will rise for me to gain buy it never happened. I encourage all to trade with caution. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 26, 2018, 07:36:38 AM
The first is to say that bitcoin and technology. I believe the bible is a start of cryptocurrency. The first place, right to become rich internet applications, the future type of money in other say if we research and technology. I believe that they are respectable with a great mind. I believe in that
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
June 26, 2018, 07:27:50 AM
$ 10,400 to $ 10,400 is not yet a profit, so hold it first. if it has risen to $ 10,500, you have a new profit of $ 100.
Activity: 144
June 26, 2018, 07:20:50 AM
with the information and explanation above, there is zero profit for you, your capital remain the same, you haven't make a single profit when it move 1$ above $10,400 you can start counting profit.

Yes i agree with you mate, you loss some of your money, imagine you buy at that price, theres a percentage that you already loss, and you sell it in the same price, you cant get that loss anymore, if you want to calculate profit, make sure you sell the coins higher than its price, you but at $10400, sell it if it increas to $10500+, and if you want to calculate profit, what you earn now, just minus to the money that you invest, thats your profit.

Yes, this is the fastest way to calculate profit and I thing the margin profit is not important as long as we know that we earned profit from selling the coins higher than the price we bought it.
Pages:
Jump to: