Pages:
Author

Topic: How to calculate profit - page 7. (Read 1454 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 6
June 21, 2018, 10:07:04 AM
So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
Investments in knowledge always yield the greatest profit.
                                                                                    Benjamin Franklin.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 10:01:28 AM
So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?

You don't get any profit as what you have said u gain nothing since the price still at $10,400. And if you going to sell it then you will just loss some because of the transaction fee.

If you buy with 100$ the price of your BTC will have reduced. To gain profit the price of BTC should be at $11,000.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
June 21, 2018, 09:56:28 AM
why are you calculating your profit first ,instead of finding more another kind of profitable coins that can give you more profits,maybe you have a right to count your profits,but in this situation,i think you cannot gain profits instead you loss a small amount of your investment,because you only buy $10,400 and you sell its in the same price and you paid a processing fee in the exchange when you doing transaction,therefore those amount  that you invest will getting a certain amount of paid in transaction pay you've done.
Activity: 58
June 21, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

You don't get any profit as what you have said u gain nothing since the price still at $10,400. And if you going to sell it then you will just loss some because of the transaction fee.
Activity: 51
June 21, 2018, 09:38:58 AM
For me I would compute it the simplest way possible. For example, I add all expenses that I have made when buying coins using fiat currency until it reaches  the wallet on cryptocurrency exchanges and multiply it by two. This is for the sending back process to fiat. Now if I am going to sell my coins it should be more than the expenses that I have computed in advance. By deducting I wil know how much did I gain.
Activity: 112
June 21, 2018, 08:48:41 AM
Did you really entered the figures well? Okay, the i guess you have no profit. You will only withdraw you hundred dollars back since the price at which you bought them was the same price you sold them. Simple business mathematics. Profit = Selling Price - Cost Price. You can do the deductions and you will get to know your profit.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 21, 2018, 08:28:40 AM
I never calculate my profit i just put them all to folio specially bitcoin once i sold my pumping coin i will convert this to bitcoin right away since i have my compensation from my regular work so all my income in crypto as being gathered together

And besides why need to calculate when this is not your main source of income,unless youre a full time cryptonians then the answer is different
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 08:15:34 AM
I think after the price past the buy position then we can calculate how much profit we get, but with market conditions are red and lower than when buying then hold or trading is the thing we have to do.

Much easier is to calculate your profit from the selling price of the tokens on your wallet right now, like for what amount you can sell them if you would sell them right now. And this is the key.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
June 20, 2018, 12:50:06 PM
It's a ridiculous question. how much did you deposit? and now how much money do you have? what's the difference between the two? Is that your answer to your problem?
Activity: 168
June 20, 2018, 11:55:58 AM
in investing the initial purchase or basic capital as small as possible in the trade for the next day can be sold at high prices therein lies the advantage gained

I think you have to learn how you can maximize your money while trading so you have to learn about candle charts or how to read graphs, how to decide what price we should sell or buy depending on the history of the market or judge your decision while understanding the real demand and supply in certain crypto currency markets, the more you trade the more experiences you will accumulate and the more profits you get so do not hesitate to make mistakes.
it's just simple math even you've taught in your math class.
Activity: 112
June 20, 2018, 11:55:31 AM
Every company is required to document the company's financial history formally. If you can do this, it's usually easier to calculate your retained earnings over the period by using figures from the official report to find out how much retained earnings on a given date, net profit, and paid dividends, than if you had to manually calculate . The retained earnings of the company up to the last listing period will be shown in the balance sheet, while the net income of the company will be shown in the income statement for the current period.
For example, for example at the end of 2011 your business has retained cumulative retained earnings of Rp512 million. During 2012, your business generates a net profit of Rp21.5 million and pays dividends of Rp 5.5 million. The final balance of retained earnings from your business is:
Rp21,5 million - Rp5,5 million = Rp16 million
Rp512 million + Rp16 million = Rp528 million
So, your business already has retained earnings of Rp528 million.
Activity: 728
June 20, 2018, 11:36:23 AM
Your message is incorrect because digits are wrong as it seems for me because $10,400 - $10,400 = 0 in this case you do not have any profit and even more you spend some money for the commission.
You would better to figure out with specification of an asset which you trade and pay attention on a price step and a min lot.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
June 20, 2018, 10:23:11 AM
I think in every exchange, we can see our trading history for each coin so we can calculate how much profit that we get. for example, if you have an account in the poloniex, you can open your trading history, click on one coin, and then you can see that how much your average buy price, you can see that how much Satoshi that you need to make to earn green positive color or to earn a profit. this is simple if you want to check on your trading history so you can find how much profit for each coin.
Activity: 26
June 20, 2018, 07:15:21 AM
There is also fees in this and then you have to pay tax as per your country rules. So you might not be left with much profit.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 357
June 20, 2018, 06:55:00 AM
If the digits are the same, then probably you dont profit, and you dont loss either. I know it sounds odd because its computing a profit is common sense, but this is a tips on determining your profit. If your investment increases in value, less tax , (actually depends on the country, some doesnt have, some have) then thats your profit.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 20, 2018, 06:15:09 AM
Calculating profit is so easy and you just need a calculator and also the formula that you will be using in order to determine the 'net profit', yes net profit in order to determine the exact profit that you made and not the gross profit only. You just need to minus the capital to your gross profit and that will become your net profit.
Activity: 196
June 20, 2018, 04:30:58 AM
Strange arithmetic-to sell at the same price as bought.. Definitely on various transfers and transactions with the input and output of funds you will only lose. Either wait for the price increase to earn, or do not haggle at all! If you do not understand when to buy and when to sell, do not follow the market or financial news, then what have you forgotten in the world of trading?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 140
June 20, 2018, 04:16:00 AM
If you are not proficient in calculating, you can still calculate if you are profitable even if you are losing money. You can still calculate from the difference in price when you buy and sell it  Undecided
Activity: 566
Merit: 102
June 20, 2018, 03:12:40 AM
Try to just look on the sell value that you have on your wallet right now and if it grows so you're having a pure profit
You will get maximum profit if you invest in a profitable currency and you will get the most benefit from your investment. On the other hand you will get low profit with other investments as compared to the profit from Bitcoin. It is very easy to enter into the market of Bitcoin once you get enough knowledge of the market and the rules and principles involve.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
June 20, 2018, 02:02:43 AM

Its zero. It doesn't make sense if you buy at same price and sell at the same price again. Its a simple math, if you bought your coins at 10400 and then later you sold them at lets say 11,400 then it is around 10% rise in the value from your break even point. Thus you are +10% in your portfolio and thus is eligible for that much profit. If price moves by that window then your profit is also $ 10 over 100 which is nothing but the 10% again. So you only get profits when it is going upwards and you loose when the prices going down your break even point. BEP is event where there is neither profit nor loss.
Pages:
Jump to: