Pages:
Author

Topic: how to choose ico that is not a scam? i newbie many ask - page 3. (Read 562 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Hello guys... Wink

the development of the era, the more advanced technology and now ico many scam, I am here want to ask how to choose ico how?
please enlighten the teachers here
I need a lot of guidance

Even a project has a transparent team, bright roadmaps and good whitepaper, we can't say that 100% they will not turned into scam.

So to minimized it, we must consider these things:

-Media Exposure
-Helding a conference
-Reviews about the project in certain crypto forum and platforms (bitcointalk, reddit etc.)

Still not an assurance though but at least we can minimize the risks.
Activity: 232
Merit: 103
There are some resources available. These websites score ICO's: icotop.io, icospedia.com, wiserico.com, icomarks.com, icobench.com, foxico.io, trackico.io. Of course like most things crypto, it takes time and experience to develop a discerning eye.
Activity: 271
Merit: 100
Just research a lot about that ico. Reading its white paper and all about the information of their project, knowing all the dev team members if they are all experienced and also watching theres videos all about there icos.
Activity: 602
Merit: 0
read the whitepaper and see their project, if the team is activ and popular then you can sure about this ico, so you will find before invest.
Activity: 320
Merit: 10
Check the ICO if it is active or not, and try to check their facebook , twitter bounties some of reviews in Facebook. They said that the project is scam, I experienced it last time also check their Bounties, White paper and other information about the ICO
Activity: 392
The first and the most important thing to do is READ! Do a complete research about the project. Know their goals. Is it realistic or not? Scam projects usually makes bold claims, even if the project offers nothing new. Study the whitepaper, this is where you can find the specific explanation on how their project works. It is also relevant to know who is behind the project. Check their backgrounds and if they have been involved in previous projects.
Activity: 451
Check project have list on popular ICO website or not, check their telegram channel , read project whitepaper, check their pre-sale or private sales collect how much fund, go to YouTube search project reviews, if everything is ok then project safe to invest
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
Hello guys... Wink

the development of the era, the more advanced technology and now ico many scam, I am here want to ask how to choose ico how?
I need a lot of guidance

Been encountering the same old questions. Better if you just scroll through the pages, there are several posts about this same topic but to answer your question here are some key points to consider:

1. Team/Developer
2. Working  Product
3. Roadmap
4. White paper
5. Expert's critics and reviews (There are sites for this.)

Activity: 210
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
First of all, a good ICO project has a good team and marketing team, and good ICO project is very hot, which can be judged from the number of telegram group.
But now that the entire cryptocurrency market is in a bear market, investing in ICO is not a good option.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

1. You look at the team. Because if they will just take your money and wanish that will be worst that can happen.
2. You look at the team. Because if they will just take your money and set themself good salaries for their CEO, ... positions and enjoy their time on some beach that will be second worst thing that can happen.
3. You look at the team. Because if they are incapable to do what is written in their whitepaper that will be third worst thing that can happen.
4. You look at their product. Because if blockchain in their product is used just to make an ICO and beside that they can have just normal much cheaper central database their product will not be able to compete. And to support product that cant compete is fourth worst thing that can happen to you.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
To choose ico that is not a scam, you should first read the whitepaper of the coin you are to invest to. That is probably the thing that you need to do in order for you to do. And if you found out that their project has a cause, then go and invest.
Whitepaper could be faked, simply hire someone else who has experience on writing whitepaper and trying to make it don't looks fishing and do proofreading, then you get a whitepaper.
What matter most in my opinion is the member of the developer team. If the people there is well known. big chance that the project won't turn out to be scam.
There's already so many project that have whitepaper, making good looking website, but ended up to be scam, so whitepaper can't make certain whether a project is scam or not.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
we need to be careful in finding ico for us to follow. especially now that many ico are scem sometimes, so we need to know and understand the iconya also or not we follow-follow monitor just continue.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
I'm not a teacher, but this is what I think  Wink. To invest in an ICO I think the most important is to do a thorough and detailed investigation of all aspects of the project and the team. See if the project has a real application, if what it proposes is feasible, real advisors and who are committed to the project, if team members are active and show their identity publicly and at events, investigate past projects in which the team members have involved, and so on. And finally, don't get carried away by the hype or the opinions of others, trust your own criteria.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
To choose ico that is not a scam, you should first read the whitepaper of the coin you are to invest to. That is probably the thing that you need to do in order for you to do. And if you found out that their project has a cause, then go and invest.
Activity: 171
To find a good project it is necessary: to understand how everything is arranged. Maybe there is a mentor who can help in emerging issues. You need to study the project, read the white paper, the route. To understand whether the project is long-term. What budget is allocated. After making a decision.)
Activity: 448
Pay attention to the idea of the project ,see all the documents , white paper . Check the team to see if there are any partners from successful companies . There are a lot of factors , sometimes everything seems to be perfect , look at 5 + , but actually turns out to be a Scam
Activity: 47
hello:) seen quite a few comments down there. The advice given is great.
Look at the soft/low caps, WP, a technology side and an advisors' parts of the project. They are the signs the project is not a scam!
just had bad experience in trapping myself in one of them lately. the one's called Vechain. The ICO is over, but there’s still no working blockchain in place, and at GitHub there’s also nothing. They basically look like a scam. Now I've switched to VLB one. The guys looking promising to me as their team is advised by IBM and QIWI, the soft/hard caps are great as well as their WP. no doubt, there are much more examples out there, just shared mine,
Activity: 16
With the intention of newbies to invest in ICO projects, it is best to target icodrops.com and icobench.com,
where you should select the projects with the highest rating. This will reduce the likelihood of investing in fraudulent ICO.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Even though it is difficult to differentiate between genuine and scam ICOs in the initial phase, still there are some techniques/criteria to find out the intentions of the ICO management.

* Identity - If you know or have the public information along with videos of public appearance of the person who involved in the ICO then it is a good sign.

* Discussion - If the senior management is ready to discuss with you over a video call then again it is a good sign, you can even ask for the permission of recording the video call and if the person permits then again another good sign.

* Past Projects - If the identity of the management is public then you will be able to take the look on the past projects/performance of the people involved in it.

These are some basic parameters to consider any ICO even for the initial research purpose. In investment, one should go for the deep research.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
just check the information you need as bounty participant, think as a person, as an investor, not just a participant to their bounty program. read their platform or their whitepaper, to have major details like the team who runs the project, and also check their background.
Pages:
Jump to: