Pages:
Author

Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ? - page 2. (Read 522 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 2
Product almost ready flycare.com
May 29, 2018, 03:48:43 PM
First check the team and the project itself, then look for the concept and clues in the network. Further study the white paper, and then he cryptotoken. And in the process of all this, try to find out whether the token will be supported in the future, after the fundraising.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
May 29, 2018, 03:47:44 PM
Although, this might be difficult, but there are ways to detect scam ICO. There are times that some of these ICOs claim what they are not. I think the easiest way is to properly investigate what they claim they are or that they do and confirm if it is true.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 03:46:51 PM
You can try a lot of techniques, templates and tips. You can't fool intuition. Trust her and you'll never make a mistake. And if you make a mistake, then she does not have enough experience and it is necessary to recruit.
Activity: 41
May 29, 2018, 03:44:46 PM
The only thing you can do is do heavy research into the project.

Ask questions, read their white paper, see how the community responds to them, work out the value in their project and token. If there is anything that seems a little shady, move onto another project.
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
May 29, 2018, 02:37:06 PM
Very difficult to detect. Even the hype ICO's are able to run off with everyone's money if they chose to do so. Luckily it doesn't happen that often and most people already got out since at some point it should be possible to detect a scam. However, even when they do not run away with your money (the obvious scam where the website and everything else is suddenly gone) they can still scam you. How about an ICO where team gets 50% and 30% is sold with absurd bonuses. You could call this a scam too and though many will stay away, many others will fall for it....
Activity: 420
Merit: 113
May 29, 2018, 02:33:33 PM
Scam ICOs are hard to detected. Honestly until now I don't now how to now it well which one is scam or no, because sometimes a scam ICO is doing all the things willingly to show themselves as good one. Everyone has their own method of assessing an ICO, and for me i would not easy to trust a new ICO, it will be better put my trust in to an old ICO and there are a lot of people use it, and the ICO can be proofed with real project.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 12:37:17 PM
today it is very difficult to recognize Scam Ico. first comes the pre-sale. then they have some money and make big advertising for the ICO. they buy good websites and people think it is a great project. all people buy this token and a hype arises. so quickly 20-30 million dollars come together. and when ICO is finished they disappear with the money and write.....we have been hacked  Grin

Man, here you are 1000% right! It is incredibly difficult to understand if this ICO is a scam or not. If before all recommended to look through the whitepaper attentively, now these documents are always OK in each ICO.
Activity: 168
May 26, 2018, 10:48:08 AM
One of the ways I often use to validate the of an ico project is "Proof of concept". You can talk to them about it. Before or during the ICO. If they can publicize it. It is worth investing in your money or vice versa. It is not a way to define or evaluate ico. But to me, it brings great peace of mind when investing in ico.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
May 26, 2018, 10:34:10 AM
You should directly see that an ico is a scam when you want to visit an ico review and to know their review result. But if you want a full depth  review, you can see if they had already have an mvp. Make sure also to verify the team and to see their tokens smart contract if its valid. Also ask your group on what they can see on that ico. Sometimes the opinion on others can open up your mind.
Activity: 280
May 26, 2018, 06:37:29 AM
It not that easy to detect a scam ICO but you need to go through their whitepaper and know what the project is all about and to understand what brings about the project and also check maybe this not their first project and to know more about the manager because some managers are well known that they don't deal with a dead project, then you can carry on.
Activity: 27
May 26, 2018, 04:08:30 AM
The best way to avoid Crypto scams is to do a lot of research. Don't just look on page one of Google, look on pages 2, 3, and 4. Also check them out on Facebook and Twitter, see if they have legitimate followers, or are they bought from other countries.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
May 26, 2018, 04:05:02 AM
You cannot detect or determine a fraud ICO until you look for some review about the ICO it is hard to find.
But here are some of my ways on how I look on the ICO.
◽️Check their team if the member have done a project or if their are newbies.
◽️Check their ICO rating
◽️Check their whitepaper
◽️Check their roadmap

What are listed is just my steps on how I can figure out if the ICO is scam or not. You can also read some threads here about the scam ICO some are listing it here.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
May 26, 2018, 02:55:36 AM
look at the whitepaper and the team that runs the ICO. If it is reasonably assured and there is no awkwardness, mean that the ICO certainly real and worthy to be used as investment advice. Indeed actually hard to learn and it's also not a sure way to convince. but at least it's been trying to figure out where the ICO scam and not.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
May 26, 2018, 02:40:21 AM
Here are my steps in detecting Scam ICO or  I'd rather say ICO which will not succeed in the future.

1. Team members background has low fundamental background. New to entrepreneurship.
2. Red flag to team members who was involved in past pyramiding businesses like bitconnect and other lending platforms.
3. Poor whitepaper
4. there is no clear roadmap and vision
5. They just focus on ICO money.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
May 26, 2018, 02:34:22 AM
I hate when people are saying about it is easy to define the scam ICO. It is not at all- nowadays there are so many professionals who are turning illegal staff into legal. 
ico partly is a fraud. when they promise with the roadmap but what proof does not work. big chicks ico great success is also doing fraud. whether we have nothing wrong to be wary of it
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
May 26, 2018, 02:32:57 AM
I hate when people are saying about it is easy to define the scam ICO. It is not at all- nowadays there are so many professionals who are turning illegal staff into legal. 
Activity: 279
Merit: 10
May 23, 2018, 11:44:18 AM
Lately very difficult precisely to define that the ICO project is fraud.
One of criteria on fraud definitions which I use is check of members of the team on reality.
If after check it turns out that the team consists of fakes, then I don't participate in this project.
you are very right that most of us can monitor the team but not only that, we can see about the project or we see roadmap and whitepaper
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
May 23, 2018, 11:16:13 AM
Lately very difficult precisely to define that the ICO project is fraud.
One of criteria on fraud definitions which I use is check of members of the team on reality.
If after check it turns out that the team consists of fakes, then I don't participate in this project.
Activity: 56
May 23, 2018, 11:12:04 AM
Why am I investing in ICO Vireo? Because it is a reliable ans successful project. I know that investing in this ICO will be a great way to get a good profit! Try it!
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
May 23, 2018, 07:49:53 AM
Every commentator is suffering in here, answering this question billions of times. You may look at exactly the same topics, or here I will just tell you that the team behind an ICO is the key.
Pages:
Jump to: