Pages:
Author

Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ? - page 4. (Read 522 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
May 22, 2018, 09:15:18 AM
There has been a lot of scams ICO.  reading their whitepaper and website is not enough to detect which one are legit. In my observation most of the legit ICO has lots of exposure .

If the airbot will ask you about your private key then i can say that its a scam because there is no airbot in an ico will ask you your private key.
Activity: 238
May 22, 2018, 09:08:41 AM
Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?
Here's what I pay attention to first:
-Idea.Do we need blockchain and decentralization in this or that industry?
-Team. In particular look at of advisers(whether they really are relevant to the project or not)
-Use the token in this project
-How active the project is being discussed in chat rooms and on Bitcoin Talk . Those are the highlights.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
May 22, 2018, 09:02:31 AM
Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?
The truth is?most of the time they are more look legits than those real one i don know how they manage to do such but expertise is what make this possible

Maybe you must learn about this ico first by checking this

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-most-useful-forum-topicsbitcointalk-navigation-thread-updated-3534750
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
May 22, 2018, 08:59:31 AM
It has usually a suspicious ANN thread and white paper as compared to those legit one. There are some times that concerned citizens puts link or news on comment if they see something wrong on the ICOs. Its hard to detect this days given the fact that there are hundreds of ICOs existing and there are hundred more comming up.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1590
Do not die for Putin
May 22, 2018, 08:54:27 AM
Normally it will be the team and advisors background check the item that will give you the best reference to detect scams. Small teams, no videos, no public appearances,... all that is a serious symptom.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
May 22, 2018, 08:52:41 AM
You can never 100% sure that the ICO is not a scam even they have a MVP (demo, alpha or beta release) or have a solid team and advisors.
But of course, a MVP, a good team, and very known advisors reduce the risk. This is one of the reason for the government regulations for the ICO
Activity: 252
May 22, 2018, 08:40:02 AM
Firstly they make a good website for connecting with people .when people are think this project is good for them then they started invest on this project. When ICO fulfill their profit they finished.
Activity: 31
May 22, 2018, 06:07:00 AM
You can see the white paper, its vision and mission, and most importantly the ceo and the support team or team that joined behind because it is very influential on the success of ico, and if it fails can be a scam.
this is just in my experience.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 06:03:41 AM
It is not enough just to understand an ICO through white papers and teams. They will buy white papers, create fake team lists, So you need to further analyze whether their projects are feasible and whether their roadmaps are realistic.
Activity: 238
May 22, 2018, 05:58:36 AM
It is quite hard to detect if the ICO is a scam But still we can try. I will suggest people to go through their white paper thoroughly. Besides do a research on the members of the ico. These may help to find the scam icos.
Activity: 290
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
May 21, 2018, 09:58:10 AM
Scam ICOs are usually similar then other projects because they actually didn't have anything without copying others. So that means they only want to base on other efforts to earn money for their personal purpose.
Activity: 532
May 21, 2018, 06:51:17 AM
You can detect scam ico by view their team and the owner of ico. Many owner have using fake data to keep their data itself. They are using another person information for thei ico and we can see at the source of hosting using by their ico website. Many fake we can find at the scam ico, if you are smart and know about hosting and domain work you will know about the ico scam or trust. Which you can prticipated or not.
Activity: 546
Merit: 112
May 21, 2018, 06:34:05 AM
what about ICO project without telegram group chat, I participate bounty in some project but there is no telegram chat group,
they only have telegram channel and then all of them is SCAM Shocked
I do not know if this is just a coincidence or it can be one factor to detect a scam project or not.
Activity: 43
May 21, 2018, 06:33:18 AM
I think there should have project that will stop the fake ICO in order to detect them. By that kind of project they can be able to detect and notice cthe scam ICO in crypto. It is much better crypto market if the stop the fake will give everyone a warn.
Activity: 155
May 21, 2018, 06:29:07 AM
Hello everyone,
I find it very difficult to determine a genuine ICO project or a scam. But, you can start by checking the white paper and the existence of the site. Then, you can check the team and its advisors, whether experienced or not. Next, you analyze the benefits of the project and the extent of its potential to grow. Things get tough, now cheats are increasingly seen not as frauds, so should be more careful in making decisions.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
May 21, 2018, 06:25:47 AM
Hi, you have to follow the community you will know real quick compare to the real project
Activity: 168
May 21, 2018, 06:14:24 AM
I think it's hard. Now ICO fraudsters are meticulously laying out their scams and making everything look like they are true. Their white papers, websites, teams, consultants are all complete, but they are also fake. So I personally invest very little in ICO now. This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid being cheated.
Activity: 73
May 21, 2018, 06:12:30 AM
always check on their whitepaper, team, roadmap, and their team linkedin. and more important you should check on their telegram group for their ICO progress, you should ask if they didnt update anything about their progress.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
May 21, 2018, 06:08:54 AM
Hello everyone,

do not blame ico, blame yourself wrong choosing ico, i suggest before buying ico, better you browse first, who is the team and what is their project, if it is so, you know which ico is true and not true
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
May 21, 2018, 06:06:06 AM
I think its pedends the handle of the ico. Much better just research first befor you entry the ico or join or invest . Read a white paper and if the white paper is good . The ico is good.
Pages:
Jump to: