Pages:
Author

Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ? - page 3. (Read 522 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 22, 2018, 03:45:12 PM
so many ico are coming daily in the market but most of them scam and fake ico . so before you join any ico campaign or invest any new ico try check company road-map, project hype and demand , read whitepaper, and join must company main telegram group .
Activity: 308
Merit: 107
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 22, 2018, 03:42:09 PM
Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?
Yes, you are right now there are a lot of fraudulent ICO projects on the market. You need to be very careful and spend a lot of time analyzing the project before investing in it. You must carefully examine the white paper! (it is very important). You should also pay attention to the people who are in the project team, they should have a good reputation.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 22, 2018, 03:35:51 PM
Most of the ICOs come up out of no where and starts scamming naive people by promising them good fortune. Tons of ways to detect scammy ICOs. First of all you will see that they keep on saying and focusing that their tokens will rise "n" number of times in the future. They keep on boasting this so that they can get people attention and use greed to attract them. Secondly, look for ICOs that have good and well known development team. A renowned dev is unlikely to scam someone. Also look for projects that are unique but still makes sense and achievable. Most of the projects are just "all talk". They can't even come up with a working platform.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
May 22, 2018, 12:53:04 PM
Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

There are ways to detect if an ICO is a scam, you have to look to their website if its professionally made, with a clear road map towards success of the company. They must have a dedicated team with continuous support to their clients. They should not have a to good to be true offers, because other investors might invest immediately with big return in a short period of time.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 12:36:47 PM
I think for 100% accurate it is difficult.
but many ways to detect them one of them is the revenue target does not match the idea that it takes.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Thank you for +Merit
May 22, 2018, 12:31:10 PM
I discovered fraud in a simple way. I took a few photos of the project team and searched the picture. The names in the team and in the search results did not match. It is clear that the photos were fraud, like the whole project.
Activity: 103
May 22, 2018, 11:55:51 AM
Verify the founders are fairly well known is a good start.
Activity: 126
May 22, 2018, 11:43:17 AM
Usually ICO scam provides an unreasonable bonus, If you find ICO that gives unreasonable bonus, you should be careful if you want to invest in follow it
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
May 22, 2018, 11:30:51 AM
Be sure to pay attention to the team, it should be people with a reputation in the cryptomir, as well as professionals of their business, and then contact with people and clarify whether their names use the skamers without their knowledge.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 11:30:43 AM
The whitepaper is a copy, the website is cheap, and low quality, offering irreal bonuses just to get in, members, and advisers are not real people. Just some thought, what make me stay away.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
May 22, 2018, 11:25:12 AM
you need to see first about the purpose of that token, make sure that its good and real, and then you can join the group and read about people think about this project, and then you can see the rodmap, roadmap is the main part of the project, see that the roadmap is make sense and no bullshit on it
Activity: 70
May 22, 2018, 11:23:05 AM
There is no single strategy for accurately detecting fraud. But you can avoid very dubious ones. Pay attention to the following things:
- MVC – it's good is a team is already working on a product.
- Team – read about their previous projects, skills. Communicate with them directly to know them better.
- Advisors – they should have some experience in ICO projects and good reputation.
- Whitepaper – technical details credibility, reliability of estimates, absence of excessive expectations. Perspective of the idea itself. If you do not understand this yourself, contact the expert.
- Advertising and scale of the project. Pay attention to how much effort and money the team spent on the project. How long-term are their plans. How many languages are supported, how wide the audience is covered, how active the team interacts with users.

Also, social networks of the project: they should be informative, interesting and properly managed. I would add the quality of the website, the feedbacks of the mass media and the ratings on ICO listings.
Activity: 201
May 22, 2018, 11:22:17 AM
Hello everyone,

It is hard to detect scam ICO.
If it was easy many peoples wouldn't get scammed.
Luckily i haven't participated on scam ico.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
May 22, 2018, 10:57:44 AM
It's very difficult to recognize Scam Ico. Not at all a lot of money is a website, They even offer projects. Who prefers to do scam ico will do it like this. First there is a preliminary sale. then they have money and great advertising for ICO and people think that this is an excellent project.
Activity: 187
May 22, 2018, 09:46:48 AM
Hello everyone,
reading is the key to knowledge, before plunging into ICO you should read the vision and mission and the products they do in ICO. do a conversation with the ICO team and join the telegram to better know in detail the ICO that has been done.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
May 22, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I think the scammer is now very difficult to detect early. If the developer is using an experienced manager about ico marketing it can be ascertained by his manager. but this is not an obstacle to ensuring every search is under investigation. try to always try to analyze, read white paper, find out the truth of team and developer. even more on the official business site ico.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
May 22, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
It was very easy my friend. You just need is common sense, what the first you will do to get sure is by analyzing the whole project. The involvement of everyone if it is trustworthy or not. The reliability of its platforms and team and how good it is.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
May 22, 2018, 09:23:59 AM
today it is very difficult to recognize Scam Ico. first comes the pre-sale. then they have some money and make big advertising for the ICO. they buy good websites and people think it is a great project. all people buy this token and a hype arises. so quickly 20-30 million dollars come together. and when ICO is finished they disappear with the money and write.....we have been hacked  Grin

Lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin this is so true and but funny though.

Yes that is the truth about ico's but keep in mind that there were no scammers if there were no idiot and dumb people that puts their money elsewhere. We can combat these scammers only we unite and decide not to invest on every ico that we came across, instead we will rather invest only on the most trusted crypto coins like bitcoin and etherium  because these is the only way that we can be safe and to earn a secure profit as well.

Detecting scam ico might be hard nowadays due to their massive number. better avoid all ico to ensure your safetyness.
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
May 22, 2018, 09:18:45 AM
today it is very difficult to recognize Scam Ico. first comes the pre-sale. then they have some money and make big advertising for the ICO. they buy good websites and people think it is a great project. all people buy this token and a hype arises. so quickly 20-30 million dollars come together. and when ICO is finished they disappear with the money and write.....we have been hacked  Grin

Lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin this is so true and but funny though.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
May 22, 2018, 09:18:17 AM
 I only know three ways to detect ICO and I always use this way,
First, find out the website. locate the WHOIS information for the domain and check to see if the logging domain and other login information make sense. You can also access websites such as whitepapers, search for plagiarized content with google and remove techno-babbling.
second, whitepaper. the best way to find a fake whitepaper is to ask someone with technical knowledge to vomit.
third, the role team. the easiest way to check back whether members are just looking for their name in linked and google. If you are still in doubt, you can contact the team member or the relevant discussion. there is no guarantee you will get an answer, of course.
Pages:
Jump to: