Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 124. (Read 118019 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
there is no special way of explaining bitcoin against children. we just need patience as they will need a long time to get to know bitcoin. patience is a very important point.
if you tell an adult about bitcoin might no special strategy because they will be more easily attracted. but for a small child I doubt they'll know how to work of bitcoin and others. teens may also be easier
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
Not so many adults know about bitcoin. So I don't understand why to teach kids about bitcoin? In the case that bitcoin will become normal payment instrument as fiat there is sense to teach kids about it together with teaching of using fiat. But today I don't see any big reason for that yet.

To "prepare" them for Bitcoin. Teaching kids about it could increase the chances they'll use it when they grow up and that they'll spread the words to others too. This makes our community grow up so the demand has the same effect, together with the price. Teaching them is very important in my opinion, they're the future and they might need it.. at least this is what it looks like with all the latest things going on around us.
The other thing it is good that to teach them because it is technology and learn how to use bitcoin when they are need some bitcoin to buy online like a courses they can use bitcoin and use also a vcc to refill with bitcoin like here in my country we can refill our own vcc with our varified bitcoin locall account that we can use to verified paypal and use to buy some courses in udemy or other site that they can use from their collage when they are studying..
That can help also like other said to spread the news about bitcoin..
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Not so many adults know about bitcoin. So I don't understand why to teach kids about bitcoin? In the case that bitcoin will become normal payment instrument as fiat there is sense to teach kids about it together with teaching of using fiat. But today I don't see any big reason for that yet.

To "prepare" them for Bitcoin. Teaching kids about it could increase the chances they'll use it when they grow up and that they'll spread the words to others too. This makes our community grow up so the demand has the same effect, together with the price. Teaching them is very important in my opinion, they're the future and they might need it.. at least this is what it looks like with all the latest things going on around us.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 462
The really challenging task is to explain what is Bitcoin to non-techy generation of our parents/grandparents. Young people these days can more likely understand some virtual conceptions (regarding digital information processing), therefore even without any special technical background there should be no problem to introduce idea of BTC to them.

I do not think its a big task buddy. Because in the teen age its easy to gross the information about anything in this age. If you say simply they could earn easily via bitcoin means definitely they would ask the information about bitcoin to learn.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
there is no special way of explaining bitcoin against children. we just need patience as they will need a long time to get to know bitcoin. patience is a very important point.

for a child who does not reached the teenage I agree with you that there is no special way to explain to them those things regarding to bitcoin and yes we need to wait for them to get in to the right age before we can tell them about bitcoin but it will still depend on how they are interested to comprehend all things that you are trying to tell them even a teenager for sure most of them will have a different interests instead of knowing bitcoin .
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
The really challenging task is to explain what is Bitcoin to non-techy generation of our parents/grandparents. Young people these days can more likely understand some virtual conceptions (regarding digital information processing), therefore even without any special technical background there should be no problem to introduce idea of BTC to them.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
It is also quite difficult to explain how Bitcoin to those areas, especially coupled with their ignorance with the internet and all supporting information and technology in it. Perhaps rather tricky.
Perhaps most early to know them is the introduction of the internet and all that is therein, only then gradually introduce Bitcoin.
I'm sure this will not be easy, it should be a process, but I believe we can explain it, they would definitely be interested.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 502
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

I think no one have to explain what is bitcoin, Firstly have to realize its valuation and importance. And then let them have to find some information about bitcoin. If person got hat is bitcoin and willing to learn bitcoin then only you can deeply explain whole system. But if person dont have that much interest or will, then you cannot force them. Because its not a bite of piece for everyone.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Im a teenager using bitcoin when i explain it to my friends(teenagers) they easy to understand it i say that bitcoin can earn money and they can change their life if they do this then i see them a picture with proof to make it clear to them.
Activity: 462
first i will not be in favour of teaching bitcoin to teenagers or children and if you still want to teach them then teach them about bitcoin like a currency and not as an investment. they should not take part in trading or investment.
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
I think not appropriate to tell young children about bitcoin, though you told him about bitcoin, they will not understand
it takes time until they are mature enough to recognize bitcoin

Nah, children today are very intelligent they keep on asking about things that they don't know. And because of technology they can just google almost everything and learn it by themselves. But still it is better if someone is going to give them facts about bitcoin on how it is going to be a good medium for their growth as a kid. It is not that bad if we are going to teach kids about bitcoin.
Yup, now a days kids will find everything in Google, If they just know with bitcoin they can make pocket money, they only learn what bitcoin is and how to use it and where to get it everything. But I think better we should not teach this to our kids, If they addict to gambling means it's a big problem for parents. I will not suggest children to learn Bitcoin.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think not appropriate to tell young children about bitcoin, though you told him about bitcoin, they will not understand

Nah, children today are very intelligent they keep on asking about things that they don't know. And because of technology they can just google almost everything and learn it by themselves. But still it is better if someone is going to give them facts about bitcoin on how it is going to be a good medium for their growth as a kid. It is not that bad if we are going to teach kids about bitcoin.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Early Bitcoin Supporter
The best way to explain it is as using a 'game currency' reference but tie it to the value and possibility that Gold has. Tell them its the same concept but with greater potential as its intentions are to be the world's next banking system rather than the best online game currency.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Children may be a little harder to teach something like bitcoin to because they don't always have much patients for things that don't yet interest them.
Teenagers is a different story, i think you could teach them one day and they will probably be showing you what to do within a week, especially if your over 50 already.
Therefore you are just completely wasting your time, teach them when they reach at the right age. Kids should not be too serious with life, bitcoin is serious so it does not match at all.
That's about right kids need to be kids and in today's fast world that is getting harder for them to do.
This topic should probably not include children.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
Children may be a little harder to teach something like bitcoin to because they don't always have much patients for things that don't yet interest them.
Teenagers is a different story, i think you could teach them one day and they will probably be showing you what to do within a week, especially if your over 50 already.
Therefore you are just completely wasting your time, teach them when they reach at the right age. Kids should not be too serious with life, bitcoin is serious so it does not match at all.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
I am doing so from last 2-3 months. My results have been good.

Best way to explain someone about Bitcoin is by making him/her Master of few satoshis.

Guide him/her how to open a wallet. Better if you start with online wallets, Coinbase is good option. Once he/she will have his/her own address, send them few satoshis and tell him/her to send back. This will make him/her clear about Bitcoin working.

Another strategy, I made them do my online work and paid them in BTC. I told them, they could exchange BTC for real money anytime from me. Believe me! Most of them start following @coindesk, etc on Twitter. The fact, "BTC prices are volatile made them keen to know more about it".

They wanna hold BTC for longer and earn for of it. Some of them are still doing work with me and getting their payments in BTC.
Jump to: