Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 149. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
I do not think that teens would even pay attention to something like Bitcoin because they would not even understand what is going on.
It is better for them to just go to school and focus on other things then Bitcoin.

Yeah and its not the right time to teach them about bitcoins at that early stage of their life as they will surely find it complicated and would not be interested in learning it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
We can explain bitcoin to teenagers by simply showing them a video presentation about bitcoin. Let them know the essence of bitcoin on now a day's. We can teach them in playful way and good timing. We should always put on a subject of curiosity so that they will get interest on that matter.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
I do not think that teens would even pay attention to something like Bitcoin because they would not even understand what is going on.
It is better for them to just go to school and focus on other things then Bitcoin.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I think inviting teenagers to this forum will help a lot to explain bitcoin to them and get them with the Bitcoin's community. However the mission is harder with childrens, i think telling them that it's digital money will be enough for them
thats true, this forum helps people a lot to get basic knowledge about bitcoins, i would definitely direct new people to here
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
I guess it would be a waste of time to try to explain it to a real child since he wouldn't be following you up at all, in time most likely he will learn gradually and you can help him throughout that until he is mature enough, Regarding teenagers, it shouldn't be hard at all since they are open to new technology.
Activity: 420
there is no way to explain it other than say that it is money
That is a shockingly bad answer. Bitcoin is not just money, it operates completely different to the way normal cash transactions are done around the world and telling a kid it's just money would not interest them at all.

Yes bitcoin is way more then just money. To explain it to kids it depends how bright they are and interested at that age. You should start to explain the concept of bitcoin and why people use it instead of money, then if it sparks interest they might do research themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
How do we explain the federal reserve and the velocity of money to children or teenagers? How do we explain the banking establishment and their control over checking accounts? How do we explain check book ledgers and monthly account reconciliation including the tracking of banking fees? How do we explain the ach/eft system and its roll in the daily use of debit cards that are tied to bank accounts. How do you explain Bitcoin to children and teenagers?

How do you explain any of it to children and teenagers when most bitcoiners don't understand any of it?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
I don't know if you should be teaching children about btc, teenagers, maybe a little older ones like 17,18... don't thing they're old enough to really understand hwo it works, but A simple animated video about it's anonimity, trading, sending and such...
Activity: 504
If you were to inrtoduce bitcoins to lets say, a kid, just tell them what you can do and what you can not do with it. I don' think you really need to explain everything that operates in a bitcoin transaction, etc.
its the same as with fiat, you just cannot do illegal things and thats it, i think it is enough to say that it is the best money ever invented
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
If you were to inrtoduce bitcoins to lets say, a kid, just tell them what you can do and what you can not do with it. I don' think you really need to explain everything that operates in a bitcoin transaction, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
My son is 12 years old and he used bitcoin faucets to earn money for his next big toy.  He only earls a little bit at a time, as you could imagine with faucets, however he thinks of it as money.  The more he gets, the happier he is.  So explain it to them as money, just explain the general difference between a few different currencies and how they work.
Well, I hope your son is happy with what he is doing, I also have a children but I would not encourage them to do faucets, I would not let them tried something I tried before that I realize it is just a waste of time, if you really wanna teach your kids, you need to start with the basic and let them understand in a step by step process.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
My son is 12 years old and he used bitcoin faucets to earn money for his next big toy.  He only earls a little bit at a time, as you could imagine with faucets, however he thinks of it as money.  The more he gets, the happier he is.  So explain it to them as money, just explain the general difference between a few different currencies and how they work.
Activity: 742
I think inviting teenagers to this forum will help a lot to explain bitcoin to them and get them with the Bitcoin's community. However the mission is harder with childrens, i think telling them that it's digital money will be enough for them
Activity: 770
there is no way to explain it other than say that it is money
That is a shockingly bad answer. Bitcoin is not just money, it operates completely different to the way normal cash transactions are done around the world and telling a kid it's just money would not interest them at all.
well for kids i doubt that you will somehow interest them into bitcoins as they usually like to play only and i doubt that we actually need to try explaining it to them
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
It is not as difficult as everyone on this forum think(for the teenagers part), but it can be pretty difficult explaining it to smaller children.
I would probably explain Bitcoin to smaller kids as a currency that is kept on your phone or computer and that is not physical, it is digital. As for teenagers, they can understand more complex parts of Bitcoins, they just need to have interest in it.
Activity: 742
Its a little bit difficult to explain in few lines. its better to ask them to see videos related to bitcoins in you tube like  The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin. since our teenagers live in an era of technology, they will understand the rest easily.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
it won't be easy, But I think you could focus on the aspects that might interest them much "for example: if they are teenagers you can discuss about Steam/Online games for BTC", I doubt you will get much success if you focus on cryptography.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Teenagers will not be a problem, they will be able to adopt the concept of bitcoin very easily as they are way more advanced in technical things.

However, childrens will be a problem. They will not be able to grasp the idea of generating money from computer very easily. So the technological background should be given to them before you start explaining bitcoin to them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
I see many similar threads, people are trying to find a way to explain bitcoin to some kids, older people, womans, teenagers. How you explain them what is money and currency? Most people in this world doesn't know where money is coming from, what is inflation/deflation.
Good start is to make people interested in acquiring knowledge, bitcoin is currency like any other, but foundation is not the same. Make kids to learn what is their currency, where it comes from, and then show them bitcoins, and let them choose what is better. Kids and teenagers will change world one day.
That is true and i think most of the topic is look like spam, by the way, explaining to bitcoin is very easy just show them a video but the hard thing is to convince them to used it that is the big challenge to us.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I see many similar threads, people are trying to find a way to explain bitcoin to some kids, older people, womans, teenagers. How you explain them what is money and currency? Most people in this world doesn't know where money is coming from, what is inflation/deflation.
Good start is to make people interested in acquiring knowledge, bitcoin is currency like any other, but foundation is not the same. Make kids to learn what is their currency, where it comes from, and then show them bitcoins, and let them choose what is better. Kids and teenagers will change world one day.
Jump to: