Pages:
Author

Topic: How to feel refreshed even after too little sleep - and why you MUST.... - page 2. (Read 1765 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
The best naps are those who last 15 minutes, that way your body does not have the time to fall in full-sleep mode, so you actually wake up feeling rested. Worked great when I was working the night shift.

That would be like being with a woman for 15 seconds, pulling out and calling it good. I don't think so, I don't like to be teased. If I don't get at least 6 hours 4 days a week I'm a grouch.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
if you want something do something!!!
why? you can even squat in there or do some sit ups Cheesy
im doing that for about 20 mins everyday
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
as much as i wanted to sleep at night but i cant i guess i have insomia now but in the afternooni sleep like sleeping beauty from 1pm to 5pm i just fell asleep after eating lunch Grin
sometimes i even do my work out in the bathroom Cheesy
LOL! Workout in bathroom is classy Cheesy
Activity: 266
if you want something do something!!!
as much as i wanted to sleep at night but i cant i guess i have insomia now but in the afternooni sleep like sleeping beauty from 1pm to 5pm i just fell asleep after eating lunch Grin
sometimes i even do my work out in the bathroom Cheesy
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Like I said... I wake up a lot more tired from naps. Some people get energized but it just makes me feel like sleeping some more

I'm the same way.  Taking a 90 min nap in the middle of the day would destroy my productivity and ruin my sleep that night.

The same. After such a nap I need at least another 30 min to get my circulation and brain working properly again.
Activity: 364
 I seem to recall the DM publishing an article recently that stated if you are a napper, your life span is shortened. And if you sleep more than 8 hours, same thing. I don't think these studies prove anything - people have very different reasons for poor sleep habits. I've had patients who swear up and down that they didn't sleep all night, but I was up, on the night shift as their nurse, so I know they did. The quality of sleep is just as important as the quantity. And you can't really put a number on it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
Well...

Less you sleep more you live your life Wink

Not if you're too sleepy to appreciate it!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
Well...

Less you sleep more you live your life Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I can't take naps or I'll get a headache for a few hours.

A nice hot shower at the end of the day puts me asleep all night.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I feel the best when I am able to get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. I usually end up sleeping 5.5-6 hours.

I can't nap. If I take a quick nap I either can't wake up and end up sleeping for hours... or I wake up even more tired than before. How do you guys take naps?

The best naps are those who last 15 minutes, that way your body does not have the time to fall in full-sleep mode, so you actually wake up feeling rested. Worked great when I was working the night shift.

15 minutes sounds great.
Now I need to work on being able to hop out of bed after only 15 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I dont know if any of this actually holds any water but here goes...

I recall something about 'natural cycles' from my Psychology class in college. Something about every person has their own cycle that works best for them. My parents say when I was very young I would be awake for basically 3 days and then sleep for the 4th day. I would guess I did sleep some but not in large amounts. Then after I graduated high school I went off on my own and not having a job and trying to learn some programming. let me fall into this cycle again. I would stay up for 3 days at a time and then crash the 4th day. I felt fine doing it and actually got a lot of work done.
Food for thought.

Food for thought.
Sure is...I can go ~35 to 40 hours, but 3 days sounds extreme.

I felt fine doing it and actually got a lot of work done.
Aren't you tired and "foggy headed" after ~2 or 2.5 days?
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
I feel the best when I am able to get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. I usually end up sleeping 5.5-6 hours.

I can't nap. If I take a quick nap I either can't wake up and end up sleeping for hours... or I wake up even more tired than before. How do you guys take naps?

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Like I said... I wake up a lot more tired from naps. Some people get energized but it just makes me feel like sleeping some more

I'm the same way.  Taking a 90 min nap in the middle of the day would destroy my productivity and ruin my sleep that night.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting

There is something called alarms and they help you wake up from your slumber.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

There is something called alarms and they help you wake up from your slumber.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting

Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
Might help me as it is 2:00am here nd i'm still awake ..! but i don't think i'm following the instruction..!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
I read about this dude on reddit who had managed to get into a weird sleep cycle where he only needed to sleep 3-4x 1h per day to be fully rested and not feel a single negative whiplash from it.

It was something about first staying awake for around 48 hours, then only sleeping for a couple of hours the first time and after that only one hour every 6 hours.

He had managed to keep that up for 1 year, no consequences. Had a shitload of extra time to finish school and work at the same time.

I'd like having 20h/day awake time without consequences and never being tired.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I dont know if any of this actually holds any water but here goes...

I recall something about 'natural cycles' from my Psychology class in college. Something about every person has their own cycle that works best for them. My parents say when I was very young I would be awake for basically 3 days and then sleep for the 4th day. I would guess I did sleep some but not in large amounts. Then after I graduated high school I went off on my own and not having a job and trying to learn some programming. let me fall into this cycle again. I would stay up for 3 days at a time and then crash the 4th day. I felt fine doing it and actually got a lot of work done.
Food for thought.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Some people only need 4 to ~6 hours.
When I'm working on something exciting, I go several days with about 4 hours sleep /day and feel fine.

sure but according to the research in ur article, it feels fine to sleep less but it piles up then one day you turn 40 BOOM EARLY DEATH.

Pages:
Jump to: