Pages:
Author

Topic: How to get rid of emotions when trading - page 14. (Read 3922 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 503
We really cannot get rid of emotions it is already part of every trading. We should learn how to accept the risks that we are going to face and keep in mind that the crypto market is volatile that anything can happen it can result as well to big losses.
legendary
Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003
at the end only expirience will teach that.
the key is to always analize yourself.
in Poker they have the term "tilting". everytime you cach yourself tilted you have to take a deap breath and analize why this happned
Activity: 1372
Merit: 251
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
humans do have a high emotion. greed that makes emotions high when the seller at the price point but in the near future the price continues to rise it will also emerge emotional remorse
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
It is hard to curb emotional responses when trading. But we need to stick to the plans no matter what. Even now, I am still struggling to control my emotions whenever hard pumps and dumps are happening. That is the time I am starting to lose my patience. But I always tell myself to remember the days when failures happened simply because of a very strong emotional urge to stray from the earlier plan, mostly out of greed or panic.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
You can't get rid of your emotions when trading, it's impossible.

If you're getting too emotional about trading and keep making emotional mistakes, like closing a trade too early, placing trades out of anger, not setting a stop loss etc, you need to lower the amount of Crypto you're buying.

Your emotional state is tied to the amount of money you have at risk.

The more that's at risk, the more emotional you're going to be about losing it, and the more likely you are to make mistakes.

Think about it like this.....

If you had 1 million USD and had invested $2000 in Crypto, would you care about losing the $2000?

No, right, because $2000 is basically nothing when you have a 1 million.

But what if you only had 2000 and had put 1000 into Crypto, would you care then?

Of course you would, because if you lose the 1000 a significant portion of your money would be gone.

So the key to lowering the effect emotions have on your trading is to buy less Crypto.

There is no such way using which you can get rid of emotions and that they are part of your life and they have a strong influence over your personality. All you can do is to teach the techniques which can then help you in staying patient even if things are not going the way you want them to be and that you must deal with the situation calmly so that you may not make any such decision which can result in loss of money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
Good plan... I think the best thing one  can do is to trade with a small amount of money and think of it as a gamble (5% or less) of your worth. The bigger the risk, the more attachment you have to the decision which definitely involves your emotions.

If you start with small amount and you would be able to get used to trading then you would be able to get rid of your emotions eventually. Of course at first when you are just starting then you wouldn't be able to immediately get rid of it but then as time goes by, no matter how much your capital is and as long as you have a trading plan and focus on it then you would be able to trade rationally. If you know when to buy and when to sell then your emotions will not count as long as you are firm with your decision.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Good plan... I think the best thing one  can do is to trade with a small amount of money and think of it as a gamble (5% or less) of your worth. The bigger the risk, the more attachment you have to the decision which definitely involves your emotions.
Activity: 167
Merit: 0
Our brain is hardwired to go into a fight or flight mode under stress, resulting in emotional responses like greed (taking too large risks), anger, fear (panic-closing) or fear of missing out. While this is a good thing when fighting lions in the savannah, it is a horrible thing when trading, and you need to make smart decisions and keep to your plan to keep making profits.
This topic will focus on how to get rid of emotions while trading, or at least make the best decisions which are not based on emotional responses of our ape brain. So how can we achieve that?

1 with good preparation
2 with checklists
3 with process orientation
4 with active emotional detachment

Good preparation:
If you watch a Football game or a Boxing match usually the team or player wins that has done the better preparation. The same goes with trading. Accumulate knowledge about the subjects of trading as much as possible. Start with small amounts and small leverages until you really know what you are doing. Be consistent, create good habits early on and keep them up. Make sure that you are mentally fit, live healthy, eat well, sleep enough and regularly, and exercise enough. Have a schedule. Track your preparation, track your results and analyse them. What were mistakes you could avoid in the future?

Checklists:
When things go down and away, it is always good to have a checklist. For example: surgeons usually have checklists that prevent them to go off the rails while performing a complicated procedure. Their checklists makes it absolutely clear in which order they need to perform what step, which frees up mental brain power for the actual process. So from your past make checklists what made your trades profitable and focus on those kind of trades that have done well in your past.

Process Orientation:
With the checklist, we should be able to make good trades more often than not. All we need to do now is focus our metal brain power on the process and not on the outcome. As we have built enough expertise and a checklist that we follow, we focus on rules and our discipline, not on the outcome of a single trade, because as we all know one trade can always be good or bad, independent of how well it was thought out.

Active emotional detachment:
There is something called Tilt in Poker. Some players will actively try to insult players after bad beats to make the go tilt, or "emotional". This will result in very bad decision making. Maybe you remember Zinedine Zidane in his very last World Cup Game, head butting the italian player and getting sent of the pitch with a red card. The worst possible outcome. TILT.
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

How are you dealing with your emotions? Anything to add or to take away from this?
Well you cant rid your emotionally that fast . first your emotion will be exaggerating and nervous but for me just calm yourself when you trade . you can inheal and exheal .
Activity: 35
You've gotta suck up your emotions in the business world. You don't get rich by crying and sobbing. You get rich by working really hard. But if you are stressed then do something to relief stress. Don't just sit on a couch and make yourself feel bad by thinking about all the mistakes you've made. Personally for me, I workout to get rid of stress. You need to have a clear mind to make better decisions which will get you better results and better results mean better emotional condition.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
If you still feel like you get emotional about trades, there are a few things you can do: Lowering your margins, lowering your leverage, take a break, breathing exercises, watch your favorite series or listen to music. Get a little distance to your trades, before continuing. NEVER trade on TILT.

Honestly, I can't imagine how some trader can tilt or insult other traders. Usually he/she sits on his chair or sofa and trades a crypto currencies using his laptop, tablet, phone, etc. I guess that you say about the creating a FUD threads on the special forums or about the scolding in a chat of some exchange. Yes, some traders use this tactics but I think it is not fair.

How are you dealing with your emotions?

I personally try to follow my trading strategy. I get an experience on the crypto exchange markets day by day. But if I make a mistake, I become distressed, so I can't to fully get rid of emotions when trading.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I do agree with the points you are making, but still it is hard to deal with emotions when trading, honestly you have chill more, and not risk everything.
Consistently successful traders understand that emotions are a potential hurdle to overcome, rather than an insurmountable obstacle, They're aware of their emotions by continually asking themselves what is making them want to start or stop an action. If they can't reasonably justify their trading decisions, Then their emotions may be in charge, not in logic.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
Do not put your emotions in trading specially during those times when the market is not doing well.  For how many months we are holding our coins just to keep the investment and not to get any loss. Keep in mind that in trading there is always a best time for buying,  holding and selling.
Activity: 112
I think we need to tighten our mind and feelings when trading. Don't let our emotions dictate what we will do. And don't easily go with the flow in the market.
That is very challenging especially when you never knew how market works and still have doubts on crypto. We knew people will easily get loss their mind when market goes down and do panic selling. I've never think it would be stop since we have different in views and u. understanding.

You can't do anything about it if you're that kind of person. Crypto is for iron willed people.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
I think we need to tighten our mind and feelings when trading. Don't let our emotions dictate what we will do. And don't easily go with the flow in the market.
That is very challenging especially when you never knew how market works and still have doubts on crypto. We knew people will easily get loss their mind when market goes down and do panic selling. I've never think it would be stop since we have different in views and u. understanding.
Activity: 140
One simple but very effective thing you can do before you pull the trigger is think about the reasons why you want to do this trade and whether is inline with your principles (assuming you have some).

It's like when you're addicted to shopping...best thing you can do before buying another pair of shoes is ask yourself: Do you really need those?

If you let yourself doing impulsive decisions - you'll be broke in no time  Undecided
Activity: 42
It is a well known fact that good decisions are not made with intense emotions because emotions cloud the brain and prevent it good judgment trading is not different either, we need to avoid being emotional while focusing on good judgment in our trades
Activity: 140
In my opinion, forget about the price at the present time and reduce the number of checks on the price of the penny you hold, which will make you more anxious and I know that waiting for a long time will bring in income. high for you
Activity: 181
Merit: 4
In trading you can't deny that losses is always attached in any circumstances when you are in crypto world. The one thing to do when your emotions are telling you just need to focus on what your decision makes. Don't hesitate if you're feel uncomfortable and unwanted with your decision, trading is risky when you don't have enough knowledge on the other hand trading is only for a person who have a higher intelligence not emotional.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
You simply can't get rid of those emotions. That's the honest truth. Emotions are part of who we are abd you simply can't do a keep it away. The only thing you can do is to manage the disappointment you would feel. Naturally, you're bound to have feelings. However, to minimise the feelings, you should do well not to become too attached or sentimental about a particular Cryptocurrency.

You can and the best way to do it is by developing a winning strategy that works for you. Once you have a strategy, the only thing you have to do is follow it, always, every single trade you make has to be made using your strategy, after a while this will basically allow you to get rid of emotions. Eventually when you make more money than you lose, following your strategy is going to be much easier.
Activity: 196
Also having an expectation that either you will lose your capital or make more from it, doing calculated risk is also a part of getting your emotions in check while trading. Studing the market and getting to know how to analyze it to see the possible downtrend and uptrend can be the defining factor for you and learning the market movement is a necessity for a trader.
Pages:
Jump to: