Pages:
Author

Topic: How to invest in an ICO? - page 6. (Read 23810 times)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
February 07, 2019, 07:13:22 AM
Guys, am I doing an academic research for the completion work of my undergraduate and would you like to count on the help of the community?
This questionnaire is fast.
It's 4 simple to ask and you'll respond in 1 minute. Help the community grow academically.

1. Have you invested or are you thinking of investing in an ICO?

2. By what means of communication did you hear about the last ICOs you remember?

a) Forum
b) Youtube
c) Blogs
d) Technology Sites
e) Cryptomeo sites
f) Facebook
g) Instagram
i) Investment and business sites
What do you think is the time to invest in an ICO? Priority order.
the idea
b) Team
c) Market that an ICO will act
d) How much has already been invested
e) Price
f) Support (investors and partners)

3. What do you evaluate when investing in an ICO? Priority order.
the idea
b) Team
c) Market that ICO will act
e) Price

4. When you invest in an ICO you look.
a) Promotional video
b) Whitepapper
c) Site
d) History of the team and investors
e) Presentations

Heres my answer. I hope it will help you.

1. Ive already invested in ICO and wanted to invest more in the future.
2. A friend recommended my latest ICO investment and I trust him so i tried.
3 and 4. All of the above. I want to gather more information about the ICO as possible to avoid scam.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
February 07, 2019, 05:01:38 AM
I have invested in two ICOs, thus the doc.com project and the Lympo project. All were health related projects and i got most of the related information on the forum through the signature campaign which led to me to ANN thread. After which i got the website and whitepaper to do an extensive research on the projects. This is the most difficult yet essential part of investment. Choosing a good ICO is the key to your profit not necessarily the amount intended to invest.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
February 07, 2019, 04:22:38 AM
Realize that even if ICO is not scam, there are miserable chances that it will succeed. I mean after ICO...
So it is risky to invest in ICO now... According to the fact, that most of them are shitcoins and scams, rather better to invest in some other assets.
I think there are also ICOs who have succeeded and have paid their participants well but i have observed that starting last year,most of the ICOs have been scammed already and so its hard to trust now to invest into new ICOs.That's why others prefer to make some investments in some potential crypto coins than in ICO.
During 2018 and until the beginning of 2019 at this time indeed, ICO projects have a poor reputation level. This can be seen from the decreasing level of public trust in the ICO project. The decline in public confidence has reduced the number of existing investments. It's a bad thing, but we should be able to give a positive stigma because when we support the situation can be a lot better.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2019, 03:25:27 AM
Is it not to too late to respond on this post?

1.  I had invested an ICO before, but got failed. Lost money.
I'm not thinking of investing right now.

2. Learned the ICO thru this forum. I mainly check projects in this forum.

3. order : the idea, market that an ico will act, team, how much has already been invested, support (investors & partners), price

4. I look for whitepaper, site, history of the team and investors, presentations & videos.
To sum it up, if I will invest in a particular ICO, I will look at all materials available for the project.
And evaluate if the project has the capability to deliver results.

Hope you got sufficient data to make a good paper out of this!
well, many things need to be learned before investing in ICO. Previously I also failed in investing, because the project was a scam. but, for now, we already know a team that is experienced, and also not. in addition, gathering information about the ICO will be an important weapon for you in starting an investment.
Activity: 899
Merit: 101
February 06, 2019, 10:26:34 PM
Realize that even if ICO is not scam, there are miserable chances that it will succeed. I mean after ICO...
So it is risky to invest in ICO now... According to the fact, that most of them are shitcoins and scams, rather better to invest in some other assets.
I think there are also ICOs who have succeeded and have paid their participants well but i have observed that starting last year,most of the ICOs have been scammed already and so its hard to trust now to invest into new ICOs.That's why others prefer to make some investments in some potential crypto coins than in ICO.
investing in existing coins more profitable now rather than investing in ico stages.even on hardcap projects and good developtment dumped in market.most of investors prefer hold fiat than following ico.they could buy cheap good coins in market as their opportunity.
softcap or hardcap give no guarantee about its price.hardcap project often dumped in market meanwhile softcap projects could rise in market when its developers able create hype to their community.so sometimes this condition make us confuse.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
February 06, 2019, 10:10:04 PM
investing in existing coins more profitable now rather than investing in ico stages.even on hardcap projects and good developtment dumped in market.most of investors prefer hold fiat than following ico.they could buy cheap good coins in market as their opportunity.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
February 06, 2019, 09:19:46 PM
I don't think so and I don't think that OP is going to be back here and will give his insights about the reply of most. His last post was on September 23, 2018 with the same topic. And his last login was on October 04,2018.

I think that he gathered much info already about this research that he conducted and he's too busy for this as he's near to graduation. I wish that he'll be back and can give some info on how his research doing.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
February 06, 2019, 07:21:06 PM

1.  I had invested an ICO before, but got failed. Lost money.
I'm not thinking of investing right now.

2. Learned the ICO thru this forum. I mainly check projects in this forum.

3. order : the idea, market that an ico will act, team, how much has already been invested, support (investors & partners), price

4. I look for whitepaper, site, history of the team and investors, presentations & videos.
To sum it up, if I will invest in a particular ICO, I will look at all materials available for the project.
And evaluate if the project has the capability to deliver results.

Hope you got sufficient data to make a good paper out of this!
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
February 06, 2019, 07:11:49 PM
I haven't invested in ICO so far, I might in the future. Currently I am not financially capable.
Does friend count, for question no 2? Cause that's where I heard about it  Smiley
I would take in consideration the ICO if the partners and investors are serious players, like Microsoft or so, for example.
Since I haven't invested in any yet, I can only say that when I am ready to, I will do all from number four. Only right approach by my opinion.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
February 06, 2019, 06:27:22 PM
Activity: 1092
Merit: 101
February 06, 2019, 05:18:35 PM
I've been investing several times in 2017 and I've made a lot of profits but in 2018 after I lost a lot of money because of the investment in I Scam I decided to stop investing
but if you want an investment you have to do the option
2 and 4
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
February 06, 2019, 09:50:20 AM
Before I have interest and many ICO I hear or see because of this forum. I look also for the team of the ICO if it's have good team with a lot of experienced in the fields of programming and it is good I also look for the whitepaper because they have ICO don't have whitepaper so I look first for the white paper.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
February 06, 2019, 09:45:54 AM
Guys, am I doing an academic research for the completion work of my undergraduate and would you like to count on the help of the community?
This questionnaire is fast.
It's 4 simple to ask and you'll respond in 1 minute. Help the community grow academically.

1. Have you invested or are you thinking of investing in an ICO?

2. By what means of communication did you hear about the last ICOs you remember?

a) Forum
b) Youtube
c) Blogs
d) Technology Sites
e) Cryptomeo sites
f) Facebook
g) Instagram
i) Investment and business sites
the idea
b) Team
c) Market that an ICO will act
e) Price

3. What do you evaluate when investing in an ICO? Priority order.
the idea
b) Team
c) Market that ICO will act
e) Price

4. When you invest in an ICO you look.
a) Promotional video
b) Whitepapper
c) Site
d) History of the team and investors
e) Presentations

1.yes i have
2.i have look it also Forum.
the idea
a) How much has already been invested.
b) Support (investors and partners)
3. a) How much has already been invested.
b) Support (investors and partners)
4. a) Whitepapper
b) History of the team and investors.
According to the short if you have this explains before your ICO invest.then you will understand,what is fake and what real.
Activity: 445
Merit: 71
February 06, 2019, 09:40:36 AM
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
February 06, 2019, 09:19:34 AM
Investing in an ICO is made simpler of late. Every project has its own unique way of receiving funds. Some prefer it through the website and others through the provision of a unique address on their telegram page. The issue here is how to determine a good ICO and a bad one because not all ICOs are worth investing in.
investing in the ICO world is actually not as easy as you imagine because you have to be able to see more about their profile and see how the development of the ICO and see what is developed can be able to attract high demand or not.
we have to learn all about cryptocurrency, especially about ico if we want invest in any ico projects.as you said before that investing in ico was very risky now.many projects failed in market and didnt give their investors profits.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
February 06, 2019, 04:34:06 AM
Investing in an ICO is made simpler of late. Every project has its own unique way of receiving funds. Some prefer it through the website and others through the provision of a unique address on their telegram page. The issue here is how to determine a good ICO and a bad one because not all ICOs are worth investing in.
investing in the ICO world is actually not as easy as you imagine because you have to be able to see more about their profile and see how the development of the ICO and see what is developed can be able to attract high demand or not.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
February 06, 2019, 02:19:41 AM
When I starting invest at ICO project always check have get soft cap or not, its my way how to get profit with investment at ICO, without got soft cap I never make investment at some ICO project because have potential to be scam project or paused ICO.
It depends on the soft cap, there were many projects that in the past were asking for ridiculous amounts of money that you knew they did not needed and yet people bought coins that were clearly overpriced and then they complained they were losing money when they should have understood from the beginning that it was going to be impossible to be profitable with an ico that asked so much money for their coins.
many projects set their softcap and hardcap unrationally.actually they just need small amount from investors, but they trying to take their own advantages from ico.we have beware to this kind developers , many of them was not honest to their investors.they are not serious developing projects.just want to take money from investors.
this is very detrimental to investors, besides waiting too long, it can also eliminate money from investors. therefore we learn to be smart investors so we can avoid ico like this. of course, ico like this makes a bad image of cryptocurrency, and ultimately affects the price of crypto
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
February 06, 2019, 12:38:25 AM
When I starting invest at ICO project always check have get soft cap or not, its my way how to get profit with investment at ICO, without got soft cap I never make investment at some ICO project because have potential to be scam project or paused ICO.
It depends on the soft cap, there were many projects that in the past were asking for ridiculous amounts of money that you knew they did not needed and yet people bought coins that were clearly overpriced and then they complained they were losing money when they should have understood from the beginning that it was going to be impossible to be profitable with an ico that asked so much money for their coins.
many projects set their softcap and hardcap unrationally.actually they just need small amount from investors, but they trying to take their own advantages from ico.we have beware to this kind developers , many of them was not honest to their investors.they are not serious developing projects.just want to take money from investors.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Improve your mode of payment with crypto
February 05, 2019, 11:48:10 PM
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
February 05, 2019, 11:25:45 PM
Pages:
Jump to: