Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know project scam or not? - page 8. (Read 1707 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 0
May 25, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
It is hard to detect scam project. If it was easy many peoples wouldn't get scammed.
But,maybe it's better if you do a research first about their project, read the whitepaper and their social media.
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
May 24, 2018, 11:12:08 PM
Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

choose an ICO which has like 7000 coins = 1 ETH
that should be a good type of ICO
and also do check for their white papers and important documents also the websites if it looks legit,
sometimes I see ICO but ignore them turning out that I make a mistake nnot making to join with them

Activity: 337
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 23, 2018, 02:02:01 PM
When joining a project, always, always search if it is good or not.
Many people are giving feedbacks from projects here in duscussions like this.
You should learn to search and read comments about a certain project.
Also, you should check the team behind a project. There are many great teams and manager that are popular here.
I recommend deadley and needmoney. They are a great bounty manager based on my exprience.
The first thing you/we need to consider is to read the ANN and how's the project run till the end of that certain ICO Project. Yup we should stick to one or two campaign manager. Deadly and Blockeye are the campaign managers i followed. my experience with them or work with them is so smooth that is the time i followed them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
March 23, 2018, 01:34:03 PM
First you need to check the team developers. Also, note the road map. If they have a strong team, you should check out the coin's community. Check out telegram group, if there are many people in the group, it is a good sign. Look at their idea, it should be good and promising.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 01:33:37 PM
Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
You can check the team's profile and credibility if they are real people morelikely they wont scam people because they are in great danger because much people know them if they did something wrong the police can easily caught them or their lives can easily be taken by someone who will get pissed off.Only invest to these projects which used their personal profiles and names to the project.
copper member
Activity: 1050
March 23, 2018, 01:29:41 PM
To know if a project is scam or not look at some striking points.
1. Project plan
2. Whitelists
3. Management team
4. Future plan
5. Relevant Features
Activity: 194
Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
March 23, 2018, 01:24:06 PM
Look into a couple of things and you should know pretty quick. Check out the team, premine, and whitepaper and you should get a pretty good idea of whether it is a scam or not. Also you can check if the github is active, that may help as well.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
March 23, 2018, 01:16:54 PM
until today, there are more and more ICO projects have many familiar ideas making us very hard to distinguish which one is scam, even professionals investors can hardly to know, so it is very risky if we just invest in an ICO we don't do research carefully, of course reading whitepaper and road map are things that we should do at the begining, but after that, checking the Team and developers is a very important step, also the community, if the community have too much promoting acitivites and without any knowledge contribution to the ICO, then we should not invest into that ICO,...
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 23, 2018, 01:07:30 PM

To start of, one of the best way is read topics in beginners and help.

I would also like to see it as a failed project rather than scam. Try researching about the developing team and reading their whitepaper, join their group to see if their managers and admins are active.
Activity: 770
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
March 23, 2018, 12:58:27 PM
To identify a bad project or a good project, you need to invest time to analyze the whole project. such as staff, ideas, and founders and investors. As many celebrities are involved in the project, it is a potential project. If there are few participants and the founders are anonymous, you should be careful with those projects.
Activity: 274
March 23, 2018, 12:50:48 PM
You can never be absolutely sure is project good or not. To be more confident, read the announcement, whitepaper and website of the project, look at how much money is needed for project and how much do they expect to X, consult with some experienced users.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
March 23, 2018, 12:30:26 PM
First of all you need to make a research about the project and the next thing is read their whitepaper and roadmap if it is not  copy pasting into another project then read their ann thread if they receive a negative feedback on the other and then the last thing you will do is observe the project if the team are active and continue sharing what is going on their project.
Activity: 337
March 23, 2018, 12:25:25 PM

It is hard to determine if the project is a scam. I think it is better read and analyze the whitepaper of the company, read the feedbacks and comments regarding the projects.

Activity: 70
March 23, 2018, 10:44:53 AM
Before investing in a particular project, you need to study the team, the product and the road map! Look for information on the Internet and draw conclusions for yourself
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
March 17, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

I think it can be understood through a comprehensive research You can understand intelligible comments about investor sites and forums or investors
Activity: 439
March 17, 2018, 06:49:36 AM
You need to googled almost all the names that are in the founders and developers. If there's no mention of names, it's probably a dummy.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
March 15, 2018, 09:47:14 AM
Really hard to figure out these days. Even you have a good team, the problem would be how good can you be so the community might look for anything nosy. Most of the time scam projects now hit it big. It's always safe to diversify and not focus your resources or efforts in one or few. I know this is hard and might take alot of sweats but this is the game here. Devour or be devoured. Cheesy
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
March 15, 2018, 01:16:59 AM
Seriously speaking you can never know. Look at projects like Bitconnect or Comodo. Even if they have the greatest white papers and are promising you glory. They don't have any value in the real world. Unless they have a working product to show case. All those promises are nothing but ashes.
Though bitconnect and comodo had white paper that were made pretty good and made it seem legit, there was flaw with both of them, they had no utility in the real world application and also the team and people working for bitconnect were not open and stayed anonymous.

Bitconnect have quite good returns to people, but from start I knew that there was some off with the project and it could be scam, so I never invested in it. Trust your instincts and do research before investing any amount in any project.
Activity: 109
March 14, 2018, 09:44:39 AM
I think we can pay attention to bid on the site is bids it makes sense and whether it's not excessive, and also note how the system works in the site, in a way to use it as it can we know it scam or not.
Activity: 154
March 14, 2018, 09:29:09 AM
When joining a project, always, always search if it is good or not.
Many people are giving feedbacks from projects here in duscussions like this.
You should learn to search and read comments about a certain project.
Also, you should check the team behind a project. There are many great teams and manager that are popular here.
I recommend deadley and needmoney. They are a great bounty manager based on my exprience.
Pages:
Jump to: