Pages:
Author

Topic: How to know project scam or not? - page 4. (Read 1707 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
November 26, 2018, 01:04:30 PM
It's one of the worst tasks. If you miss, you gonna miss your fund, lol.
I would definitely go through the team first and check how expert they are or whether they are fake or real. later I would research with the project carefully and find out the possibilty of being successful. Only then I would decide.
Here is a good guideline for you- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45150042
Activity: 770
Merit: 9
November 26, 2018, 01:01:44 PM
Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

I don't think there truly is a way to tell until it's over and it becomes obvious to all.

Smart scammers realize they have to go to great lengths to fool people and so some are.  The amount of money some of them steal is incredible, so it's no surprise there are many scammers out there.

Yes, it sucks to work hard or invest, follow and support a project just to watch it evaporate into thin air.  But such is the nature of the game at this point in time.

What is shows diligent crypto-enthusiasts is the only way to get ahead is to cast a wide net and trust your gut feelings as much as necessary.  I've been victimized by scams like everyone else on BTT.  Until you have been scammed, you can't really comment on the scene but must make judgments based on other's experiences.  Plus, until you've been scammed, you really have no idea what it is you are into until it happens.

Research, active involvement with projects, conversations with team members, and your gut feelings will take you a lot farther than you realize.

Folks are so used to a government edifice 'protecting' us from bad guys with regulation, that the crypto Universe becomes a true wild, wild west that most do not have the wherewithal to navigate successfully.  My number one piece of advise:  Listen to your guts!  They know more than you think.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
November 26, 2018, 12:54:43 PM
You can actually knows a scam project when you are scammed so i think you should wait for that worse moment when you will get scammed.
Which means all projects are scam the ones you called real are those ones who actually got enough through their ico and think otherwise.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
November 26, 2018, 12:50:41 PM
There are many ways to decide any project if its scam or not. But you can never %100 sure that its not. We need to do our own research, check from linkedin profiles, trusted sites like BTT, and must check white paper very well.
Activity: 322
November 26, 2018, 12:46:49 PM
Currently, 90 percent of the projects in the market can not receive investment. It doesn't matter if it's scam or not. But the team behind the project and the infrastructure of the project is really important to the future of the project.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
November 26, 2018, 12:46:28 PM
Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
In my own personal opinion, to know if the project is scam or not is by checking every team members who takes over the project because they maybe a scammers and also better read or check the whitepaper and website because they may copy it in other projects or lying about the project.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
November 26, 2018, 12:44:02 PM

There many things that you must know before investing in a specific crypto. The feasibility of the platform being developed, the technical capability of the website and whitepaper, the integrity and authenticity of the team behind the project, and the community support the project offers to its users or supporters are some of the factors that should be presented. If a couple of this factors are missing, then be careful about investing in such a project.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
November 26, 2018, 12:40:02 PM
We can tell if the prohect is scam or not by looking and reading their whitepaper, website and the members of the team who takes part on the project to know if they are trusted and not scammers. Having knowledge in cryptocurrency will also help you to avoid scammers.
Activity: 504
November 23, 2018, 12:05:47 PM
No one is immune from mistakes. Many advise to be guided by the rating, but how many projects with high ratings were scam ?! Others advise to carefully study the information about the project - here I agree. There is one more factor that helps to determine the project - it is the bounty manager. There are professionals in their field, and if they take on the promotion of the project, it’s already 80% sure that the project is not fraudulent.
Activity: 644
November 23, 2018, 12:03:33 PM
There are many new ICO projects now and some have fake projects. Scam projects are indeed a problem for all investors and bounty hunters. If they get a scam project, they will definitely suffer losses. And to avoid fraudulent projects is to do research. You must check social media accounts and the team must be active in providing new information.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
November 23, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
Good projects usually have good managers who communicate constantly with investors, also innovate at least every month, making constant progress even if it's slow, bad projects usually don't communicate with the community at all and you can't find any real information about the development team or what the project is really about.
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
November 23, 2018, 11:55:46 AM
I've seen almost all kinds of them, there are projects that looks like really legit but they scam in the end, there are projects that obviously will run in the end and they did. We don't actually can't tell which will turn to scam or not, lets just don't invest the big part of our money on a single project so we can avoid big losses on one
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
November 23, 2018, 11:52:21 AM
Before investing, it is better to make sure many times that cryptocurrency is a very risky business, I hope that all the same cryptocurrency will have serious opportunities in the future, but now it is a big risk.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
November 20, 2018, 11:18:54 PM
Maybe this is already frequently asked questions and a lot of people have a way of each. see the team thoroughly good it background, social origin, and education is an important thing. the team needs to really top-quality would be this. check the whitepaper to find out because the nice indication of project concept and will not be visible from here.
This team is indeed important for projects, because the team is also influential in carrying out its business. if the team has achieved good results, there is a possibility that the project will succeed. Knowledge of the background of the project is very important and find out more about the project and who follows, whether many or not many join. if only a few people join this project, you have to be more careful, maybe the project is unknown and can cheat. maybe a lot of other things can happen that are fraudulent projects but I don't understand that.
Activity: 602
November 20, 2018, 11:02:59 PM
Maybe this is already frequently asked questions and a lot of people have a way of each. see the team thoroughly good it background, social origin, and education is an important thing. the team needs to really top-quality would be this. check the whitepaper to find out because the nice indication of project concept and will not be visible from here.
Yes, this is indeed common to ask to find out whether a project is good or not, because the team involved must have a vital role as well as the purpose or benefit of the project, what is of course important and we must be smart in analyzing whether the project has good benefits for the future later
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
November 20, 2018, 10:52:19 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 20, 2018, 10:26:29 PM
There are many factors to watch in order to select for a good project. One thing is their social media updates, of they are actively updating their social media then they are good, if they are also active and have a lot of true members in their community and most of all if they meet their soft capped on their PRE-SALE. I hope this can help.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
November 20, 2018, 10:14:56 PM

You can check based on ICO Rating, ICO Icobench, ICO foundo, etc. There provides information about the project. The custom is provided on the ICO website.
Please be careful of the ratings displayed on these websites. I think judgment is sometimes less accurate. There was once an ICO project with a high rating but it turned out to be a scam. The issue is, the rating can be adjusted if there is a payment. So, do more accurate analysis by monitoring white paper, teams, realistic products, and partnerships. I think it's more effective.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
November 20, 2018, 07:54:26 PM
The best option to check if the project is a scam or not is to know the team behind it. There are instances that the team being declared are not true and the information that they give is not also correct. The pictures were just from Google and it can be traced through reverse image search. When we found out that there are false team members, this is really a red flag for the project.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
November 20, 2018, 07:36:06 PM
I think it is very difficult to know whether this project is a scam or not because a good project can be a scam if the developer has bad intentions after earning a lot of money, so I think scam or not a project depends on the intention of the team and developers so it is better for you to take part in projects that are handled by a trusted team
Pages:
Jump to: