Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 23. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
May 18, 2018, 01:09:10 PM
Bad ico project is insufficient information about the team, poorly designed website and white paper etc.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 18, 2018, 01:08:01 PM
At this stage I'd start with the assumption that they're all scams until proven otherwise. The white paper is a good place to start. Ask the development team lots of questions. If it seems too good to be true, keep moving. Wink
Activity: 148
Merit: 4
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
May 18, 2018, 10:45:11 AM
Actually you cant know it but im sure you can prevent it, by make a research about their project ,be active in their project ,find who`s own of their project and also the staff,admin.These are the thing taht you can do if you want to avoid the scam ico`s.
Activity: 55
May 18, 2018, 10:42:04 AM
Most of the time, they do not have realistic goals about the project being launched. You may know this by reading their whitepaper.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
May 17, 2018, 11:33:32 PM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

for now, I suggest you buy altcoin in exchange, because it is relatively cheap in this decrease.
well, actually to know ico scam or not it is not easy. you have to research and find a lot of information about the ico. moreover knowing the bounty managers who manage it. but it's not that simple, you should read the white paper, check the team and look at the road map. so there's a lot you have to do.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
May 17, 2018, 11:31:32 PM
look at the white paper, as well as the teams that are on the information. or check the fund investors is it true there are to ICO. at least certainly there should be funds so that the ICO could walk. Perhaps this is not always true, but at least to anticipate it.
Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 11:26:13 PM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Usually detect ICO scam is they use another token name that has not survived
If you already usually read whitepaper then usually scam ICO always use or copy their whitepaper
Site roadmap and how many token sales or who the team and the developer anonym
They do not display detailed information
For beginner I suggest to buy in exchanges when token distribution because usually the price down, but if you can already understand ICO investment and determine which ICO you think success then buy when public sale.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 11:20:46 PM
In order not to fall for fraudulent projects you need to be vigilant and be able to analyze projects. When analyzing a project, first of all it is worth paying attention to: 1. Developers (they should be known and have a good reputation) 2. A well-defined road map.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
May 17, 2018, 11:10:23 PM
Here's an ICO to take a look at. Would you invest in it? What are the red flags?

https://www.howeycoins.com/index.html

Once you've analyzed it, go ahead and hit that buy button (but you won't actually make a purchase)... then have a good laugh, and enjoy the education Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!
May 17, 2018, 04:31:30 PM
There are many markers that will help you avoid a scam. But let's be frank with you.
Professional scammers know how to pull the wool over.
You will learn the whole truth about the project only when it's too late. Even professionals are mistaken. All at least once fall into the net to scammers.
But the main thing is not to get too upset. Don't lose your vigilance, but be prepared for this morally.
When the first time I don't receive token after ICO, I was in frustration.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
May 17, 2018, 03:33:20 PM
There are alot of ways to know a scam ICO.
First look at the team of the project, search google for the images used. It will show if it was stolen some where.
The purpose of the project. Is it created to solve a problem and is the blockchain really needed.
Etc
Activity: 17
May 17, 2018, 02:56:46 AM
You can check website and team development. Check google and read whitepaper
Activity: 23
May 16, 2018, 01:04:17 PM
Can you find post histories on accepted forums, or verified contributions to the community, or linkedin profiles that have plenty of real connections?
Activity: 7
May 15, 2018, 11:55:39 AM
I find that some scam ICO will also come out with a professional team, good white paper, etc. But ultimately, to do our research on the net, as FUDs from users really raises red flags. However, telegram is no longer as reliable, as the admins are now able to delete our claims and kick and ban users. This is pretty evident from some ICOs that are pretty hyped, the Bee token, for copying other ICOs work, before the crowd sale.
Activity: 127
Merit: 3
Good community manager for your blockchain project
May 15, 2018, 11:21:40 AM
First time, you must see at the site.
Information can be maximum useful for all people and very understanding for you.
Then, you must read whitepaper. For example, it could be really
good whitepaper, with usual wp blocks, big document, with maximum technical information.

Than, it could be good command in this ICO, with real profiles and expirience (with linkedin links, realised projects)

So, i saw some more:
1) Firstly, ICO muct have good assessments in sites with ICO reviews
2) Secondly, you must find theme about project on BTCtalk, and see, who is advisers, helpers, what project means, etc
3) Thirdly, you must find coin/token of that project at the coinmarketcap.com (where is listing, how much it can cost)
4) if this all is okay, you can see their TG chat, for better understanding service/time giving answers on your questions.

Of course, there is not magic pill, if this ICO will grow, or not.
but, first stepes could give you safety from scam.
Wish you good luck!
Activity: 168
Merit: 16
“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”
May 15, 2018, 10:58:53 AM
The first thing you would notice if ICOs are scam if your developers, managers, and directors are all anonymous. Sometimes it’s just the developers who are anonymous and not the managers. But either way, why keep yourselves invisible to the people if you’re just helping them and offering them a job right? Past projects as well, look at the history of developers and the campaign itself.
Activity: 164
May 14, 2018, 05:18:44 PM
This topic can help me a lot so that i will not commit/avoid the same error in joining a scam ICO.Thank you for the infos suggestions and recommendations.
Activity: 2
May 14, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
The most scam ico of all time is swissborg...

my brother is stripped up to 91percent..

Activity: 10
May 14, 2018, 03:57:51 PM
I don't want to regurgitate everything that has been said so far since it is all mostly sound advise.  I would like to add that numerous AMA's in Discord or Reddit go a long way to ask relevant questions to the developers as well as seeing if their dedication to the road map is true and on pace.  To many projects have fallen behind due to scams, development disagreements, and other various issues that cause a project to fall flat on its face and the investors footing the bill.
Activity: 29
May 14, 2018, 02:31:05 PM
you definitely have to check the project's website, whitepaper and team (profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter), evaluate the progress of project and verify if the founders are fulfilling their plans/promises from a roadmap.
Pages:
Jump to: