Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 26. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 30
March 02, 2018, 05:02:25 AM
Finding out if an ICO is a scam or not is very easy. You need to make research in-depth about the developers behind working. If they're anonymous or not credible enough, there's a bigger probability that the ICO is a scam. Also check their social media sites it should be active always and there must be people who are actively engaging to their social media websites. Newbies found it very hard finding out if the ICO is a scam or not but time goes by you'll get used to it and it will just like an instinct to you to find out if the ICO is a scam or not.
Activity: 602
Merit: 134
March 02, 2018, 04:46:08 AM
from my point of view, you should read their whitepaper, take a look at their team and try to know about their vision.  Wink
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 04:44:16 AM
To learn more ico evaluation criteria, such as team strength, white papers, etc., more importantly, to learn the knowledge of the blockchain.
Activity: 204
Merit: 1
March 02, 2018, 04:26:00 AM
It is hard to determine a legitimate ico though because some of them are scam.Before investing to ico i think it is wise to read thier plan first or see if there are many people that invested on it proofs are also necessary to be aware of their legitimacy.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 03:58:23 AM
Before going to buy from any ICO, you can consider bellow facts,

* Unique solution for the existing problem or future problem.
* Advisory board
* Strong team.
* Partnerships with reputed company
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Technically achievable targets

Do you own research before investing in any ICO or project.

I recommend Daneel ICO. Because it full fill all above factors 100%.

Daneel is AI assistance for digital arrest management powered by IBM Watson AI system. Daneel has a solid partnership with IBM and this makes Daneel project more stable and reputed.

if you are interested, visit: https://daneel.io/

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
March 01, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Hard to avoid, here is some tips.

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam:
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown.
2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token.
3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

Full of learnings. Making clear and realistic form of whitepaper is one of the bases that the ICO is not a scam. We can rely on that by being knowledgeable.

You are mixing two things that are completely different: 1 - A Scam> something specifically designed to rob. 2 - A bad business> A business that has no chance of success.

These are different things and can be detected with different tests.
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
March 01, 2018, 11:09:11 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

Learn information about idea,team, mentors.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 10:55:19 AM
i believe not having a prototype is also a red flag
Activity: 132
March 01, 2018, 10:37:59 AM
Thank so much
99,9% ICO's are scam's
How to know its real deal? Wink
Don't waste ur time in ICO's
Yes, great information for me.
Activity: 56
February 28, 2018, 06:39:40 PM
Few Points We Can check;
01.Team should be visible
02.There should be Social Media Presence like Telegram, Discord, Twitter and Facebook And It should be active
03.Look White paper and Roadmap for Project and Check their GitHub for any Written code
04.Check It is available Token allocation for AirDrops, Bounties, Teams and Product development and Marketing

Consider these before basic investment decision

Thanks !! really help Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 28, 2018, 06:19:56 PM
Look on their transparency and developers, they must not be anon
copper member
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
February 14, 2018, 12:00:13 PM
Check their white paper to read about their project and you can decide whether you think it is a good one or not. You can also google the ico name+scam and see what people have said about it and their reviews and if they have invested. A lot of the icos will have people saying its scams but its not always true, so make sure you read for yourself and study their project and decide!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 14, 2018, 11:05:31 AM
Because almost all ICOs are scams you basically already know.
Activity: 168
February 14, 2018, 11:03:43 AM
Hard to avoid, here is some tips.

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam:
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown.
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token.
If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

Full of learnings. Making clear and realistic form of whitepaper is one of the bases that the ICO is not a scam. We can rely on that by being knowledgeable.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
February 14, 2018, 10:05:56 AM
if it's a lending platform promising unrealistic returns, that's a scam. also, be wary of airdrops asking for KYC before they give your free tokens. for me this is a red flag.
Activity: 70
February 14, 2018, 08:59:45 AM
Thank so much

Usually I do a search on Google "ICO Name + Scam" and I see what comes up. Usually I get some articles about such things.
Activity: 27
February 14, 2018, 08:58:43 AM
check if they have a prototype
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
February 13, 2018, 02:33:43 AM
Its not easy to know if the ICO are scam or what cause scammers are quiet improving the level of their skills to attract more people so you'd better study the project carefully. Well, sometimes its obvious but you still need to be sure about it.
Activity: 252
February 13, 2018, 02:31:38 AM
Read whitepaper , a big group member, profession website, partner, member of ico,...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
February 13, 2018, 12:15:40 AM
At this stage I'd start with the assumption that they're all scams until proven otherwise. The white paper is a good place to start. Ask the development team lots of questions. If it seems too good to be true, keep moving.
Pages:
Jump to: