Pages:
Author

Topic: How to make a 100,000$ with an ICO - page 3. (Read 15589 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
November 13, 2016, 12:44:47 AM
dude.  this analysis is spot on.  spot.  on.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
November 12, 2016, 09:25:11 PM
Premine like ether (72 million coins) and just pull off one of the biggest scams on the plannet.  Poor souls who bought... Im sorry.. IM sooooooo sorry......

Ether deserves a separate post in itself. Keep in mind this is specific to the mini-ICO's that raise 200-600 BTC's and not the large ones.

What would be a way that the community could come up with, and adhere to a process that investors can follow and issuers can follow to show the veracity of thier intentions?

I dont think ICOs as a whole are bad, but you bring up some great points, that people who are not tech savvy (in some cases not biz or socially savvy) but may have an interest in cryptociurrencies just would not know. to be contrarian, what makes a high quality ICO? so investors could be able to check boxes as a preliminary step and then use thier own judgement after they have gone through a process.

We have an industry that is built off scamming. We need to talk about these issues and fore-go short term greed for long term goals.
It is only when that occurs that crypto can really change the world. A lot of people don't realize Satoshi didn't release his code to a bunch of traders looking to pump and dump. It was released to a think-tank capable of nurturing it for 3, maybe four years before it attained scale. That kind of leadership and patience is non existent in crypto, ever since.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 12, 2016, 09:22:24 PM
Premine like ether (72 million coins) and just pull off one of the biggest scams on the plannet.  Poor souls who bought... Im sorry.. IM sooooooo sorry......

Ether deserves a separate post in itself. Keep in mind this is specific to the mini-ICO's that raise 200-600 BTC's and not the large ones.

What would be a way that the community could come up with, and adhere to a process that investors can follow and issuers can follow to show the veracity of thier intentions?

I dont think ICOs as a whole are bad, but you bring up some great points, that people who are not tech savvy (in some cases not biz or socially savvy) but may have an interest in cryptociurrencies just would not know. to be contrarian, what makes a high quality ICO? so investors could be able to check boxes as a preliminary step and then use thier own judgement after they have gone through a process.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
November 11, 2016, 04:14:56 PM
Look into LBRY use of bought high profile nics for their Team members (OP page creator) to give themselves credibility.
There was mention if I remember correctly in my research that the person in connection to/with LBRY
who bought a high profile NIC had also bought a few more, but researched no further as I had enough
already for me to make my decision.
I presume other coins/projects might have also done this.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
November 08, 2016, 09:12:49 AM
This ICO coin thing is just a new financial innovation just like the bad scryptcoins in late 2013 early 2014. There was lots of easy money to be made back then by just creating a coin and just trying to get it to a market to sell your premine.

ICO coins are just a new way of doing this.

Yes, and sad on whats happening right now though there are ICO's that good enough most i've seen is becoming scam after they release. Only the developers become rich and after they released, after several weeks or months, devs are gone.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Minter
November 08, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
Why do people let scam developers get away with it?.. Like if I were a victim of a scam ICO, I would rally up people to fight a good cause. Angry
November 08, 2016, 06:20:34 AM
I would like to see a little breakdown of the Opair ICO. this was an obvious scam but people still invested and let SebastianJu release funds from escrow.

Taking more requests for doing some research

>Opair
>What other coins can I add in the list ?

P.s - If you have incriminating evidence / stories I can write about please drop me a message.
Activity: 403
November 08, 2016, 12:56:16 AM
Recent scam projects, declouds and opair did this, why you taught them?  Angry Angry
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
November 07, 2016, 07:14:34 PM
I would like to see a little breakdown of the Opair ICO. this was an obvious scam but people still invested and let SebastianJu release funds from escrow.
November 07, 2016, 08:45:54 AM
Dude. This should be a book on amazon 😁

I am working on a book Smiley
How much would you pay for a book on the funniest events in crypto-history ?

Regards
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 07, 2016, 08:45:02 AM
It seems so hard.
but if you invest a lot of money for example 1,000,000$ in a ICO, after it launch exchange ,the price go up 10% or more,you may make a 100,000$. 
Activity: 379
November 06, 2016, 04:08:42 PM
So funny post Cheesy ! Yes, that might be tru to some, but the biggest ICOs (the only ones I know) do not work with this scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2016, 05:39:31 PM
You could say this is accurate, but we can't think that all ICOs are scams, because that hurts the legitimate projects, even if they are few of them, some of them are legit and put countless hours into their work, so treating it all as a scam doesn't help anyone.

You have to assume all ICOs are scams unless you want to lose your money. It is impossible to tell the scams from the honest projects. Too bad for the honest projects if there are any in this realm.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 03, 2016, 06:42:13 AM
Ico's here in crypto should be not used only as crowdfunding but as a distribution method since its the fairest imo
Because:
 - if you don't have any mining equipment you have no chance at PoW coins
 - Free distributions can be tricked by devs with fake accounts
in case of ico its clear and simple with no tricks. every investor gets from the ico in proportion with their investment, it cant be tricked
Activity: 313
November 03, 2016, 12:24:46 AM
This ICO coin thing is just a new financial innovation just like the bad scryptcoins in late 2013 early 2014. There was lots of easy money to be made back then by just creating a coin and just trying to get it to a market to sell your premine.

ICO coins are just a new way of doing this.
November 02, 2016, 05:16:10 PM
^Thank you for the honest opinion.
I'd written a follow up post explaining why ICO's can change capitalism in itself for good.
This post was more / less a rant post.
Appreciate the kind words.

This forum needs more people like you, i hope to read more in the future!

Thank you for the kind words.
I am going to follow this up with a comprehensive study on ICO's and how much money has been lost in the process soon.
Sponsorships are welcome as I do not have the time / resource to do this at the moment.

You could always do an ICO to raise money for your research  Tongue .  In all seriousness though it is a commendable project.  Good luck  Wink

An ICO to research upon how ICO's are bad for the ecosystem  Shocked
Not sure how people would react to that. Would you pledge towards it ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
November 02, 2016, 04:43:24 PM
I'd written a follow up post explaining why ICO's can change capitalism in itself for good.

I am going to follow this up with a comprehensive study on ICO's and how much money has been lost in the process soon.
Sponsorships are welcome as I do not have the time / resource to do this at the moment.

You could always do an ICO to raise money for your research  Tongue .  In all seriousness though it is a commendable project.  Good luck  Wink
November 02, 2016, 04:02:18 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
November 02, 2016, 04:00:05 PM

Pages:
Jump to: