Pages:
Author

Topic: How to make a 100,000$ with an ICO - page 4. (Read 15589 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 02, 2016, 03:56:53 PM
You seem to understand how to generate funds using ico in the bad way, do you by chance understand how to raise ico for genuine project ?
I feel you research will be balanced if you can do that as well.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
November 02, 2016, 03:42:17 PM
You could say this is accurate, but we can't think that all ICOs are scams, because that hurts the legitimate projects, even if they are few of them, some of them are legit and put countless hours into their work, so treating it all as a scam doesn't help anyone.

I'm not so sure about that.  IMO based on the track record of crypto scams ALL ICOs should be assumed to be scams until there's good reasons to think otherwise.  I mean the percentage that are not scams I would ballpark at far less than 10%.  When you've got a cesspool of scams like that "treating it all as a scam" would probably "help" a majority of the people not get ripped off.  Granted, there will be some that are really profitable, but even that doesn't mean we really know what is going on since it's totally unregulated and usually has little transparency.

But I get what you're saying, there are hard working devs out there looking to make deserved profits from interesting projects, it's just such a tiny amount of the total.  And it doesn't seem like anything is hurting their ability to raise ICO money except the mass of scam ICOs diverting investors funds that could be used for the quality projects.  In anycase I can't think of too many quality projects that have had trouble raising ICO funds recently. I mean the entire ICO system has gone bonkers.
Activity: 1162
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 02, 2016, 03:38:53 PM
Oh god that's a revelation  Grin
I wonder if these are true. so sasha of waves is actually just on his own? Damn. I don't see him having a team behind him actually but just having few on the list of usernames but no faces.

Bobsurplus did this multiple times and didnt hide the fact he did it.

Even with this knowledge people still bought in. Why? Because greed is god here. They knew he could pump an ICO and gambled thinking they could dump faster than he could.

Think about it, it was so bad that people knew about what was going on but got into it trying to make a quick buck.

The sad part is legitimate businesses in the ecosystem could clearly make ROI's that far exceed bank interest rates.
However the "hustlers' here don't understand the value of long term gratification, effort and god damn common sense.

Yes exactly !!  These scammers are actually really stupid. They cannot see into the future. They eat all their bread in one day then the next the starve because they didn't think of the future. Like the pizza story. Why have a pizza now when you can have 3 next week ?

The scammers makes 6 months of profit without cost in one foul swoop but what about after that ? Rather take 2 years to make that money and then still have a company that make you money for another 2 years. Even getting 2 years worth of profits is stupid I would rather build the company and have it pay for the next 10 years. All you do is risk yourself getting caught each time and make people very angry. Scamming is not worth it.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
November 02, 2016, 02:47:45 PM
Take a look at this article - as it was my follow up to this post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/icos-heavens-angels-subject-to-hells-abuse-1534276
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
November 02, 2016, 02:39:20 PM
You could say this is accurate, but we can't think that all ICOs are scams, because that hurts the legitimate projects, even if they are few of them, some of them are legit and put countless hours into their work, so treating it all as a scam doesn't help anyone.
November 02, 2016, 02:15:25 PM
^Thank you for the honest opinion.
I'd written a follow up post explaining why ICO's can change capitalism in itself for good.
This post was more / less a rant post.
Appreciate the kind words.
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
November 02, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
November 02, 2016, 05:43:35 AM
the point is you still need money to make money  Grin
November 02, 2016, 03:17:04 AM

Step 4 : End of ICO

This is where majority of the investments come in place. With a prototype in place and the shilling accounts going wild most people send in money as they believe they are now closer to an ICO. Most ICO’s see about 60–70 percent of the funds come around the end of the ICO. This is driven by 2 things
Fear of Missing out or FOMO as some call it. Investors think its a good idea to buy in towards the end of the ICO to either hold or sell as the prices go as the coins get listed in public markets. Most scammer coins list themselves in select markets to help them manipulate markets (more on this later)
A good amount of the ICO amount is bitcoin that the devs send in to make the ICO look legit. For instance, if an ICO already has about 60 BTC in “investments” — then odds are high it will manage to raise another 100–200 Bitcoin. A good way to see if this occurs is to verify if all of the investment funds go to a single verifiable account. A good number of ICO’s here have multiple investment BTC wallet account — you are free to make your conclusion. Also keep in mind, the dev is able to manipulate the markets with this “investment” of his. If this ICO managed to raise 240 Btc — then 25 percent of the coins + whatever dev fund exists goes into the pockets of the dev. This is an ample amount to manipulate the markets

This buying by the dev of their own ico is the root of the ico scam, all the other things are just sideshows.  It's basically impossible to stop in an unregulated market and it's why almost everything here is doomed.

Part of the problem is lack of quality reporting.
Here is a confession I have as part of relying on the industry

-Most income comes from ICO's that offer a decent money for writing xyz
-If I write out against the ICO / offer critical analysis on the tech - I lose out on income
-This conflict of interest keeps a good number of people away from speaking out.

I am slowly trying to move away from ICO's and creating other sources of income so that I can shed more light on the industry in the weeks to come.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
July 06, 2016, 04:01:40 AM

Step 4 : End of ICO

This is where majority of the investments come in place. With a prototype in place and the shilling accounts going wild most people send in money as they believe they are now closer to an ICO. Most ICO’s see about 60–70 percent of the funds come around the end of the ICO. This is driven by 2 things
Fear of Missing out or FOMO as some call it. Investors think its a good idea to buy in towards the end of the ICO to either hold or sell as the prices go as the coins get listed in public markets. Most scammer coins list themselves in select markets to help them manipulate markets (more on this later)
A good amount of the ICO amount is bitcoin that the devs send in to make the ICO look legit. For instance, if an ICO already has about 60 BTC in “investments” — then odds are high it will manage to raise another 100–200 Bitcoin. A good way to see if this occurs is to verify if all of the investment funds go to a single verifiable account. A good number of ICO’s here have multiple investment BTC wallet account — you are free to make your conclusion. Also keep in mind, the dev is able to manipulate the markets with this “investment” of his. If this ICO managed to raise 240 Btc — then 25 percent of the coins + whatever dev fund exists goes into the pockets of the dev. This is an ample amount to manipulate the markets

This buying by the dev of their own ico is the root of the ico scam, all the other things are just sideshows.  It's basically impossible to stop in an unregulated market and it's why almost everything here is doomed.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
July 06, 2016, 01:39:16 AM
This is the greatest post I've read this year - most relevant to the times right now as well. More people need to read this!

I think one thing I really did miss out on is how individuals partaking in such ICO's often start out with good intentions and end up with wrong results owing to greed, teams splitting and similar reasons.
I am trying to get a book written on one of the biggest names in the field. However, this is contingent on his agreement. He's fairly mad at me for this post though.  Cry

Send me a PM
Activity: 189
The future will be Digital
July 05, 2016, 09:44:08 PM
Its seems not easy to processing Undecided
Activity: 143
July 05, 2016, 08:08:22 PM
Thank you very much for the post, I am some newbie in the ICOs, but this will help me and many other people, to prevent and investigate more, to know who to trust and who not.
July 03, 2016, 09:32:25 AM
This is the greatest post I've read this year - most relevant to the times right now as well. More people need to read this!

I think one thing I really did miss out on is how individuals partaking in such ICO's often start out with good intentions and end up with wrong results owing to greed, teams splitting and similar reasons.
I am trying to get a book written on one of the biggest names in the field. However, this is contingent on his agreement. He's fairly mad at me for this post though.  Cry
Activity: 532
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
July 03, 2016, 09:04:36 AM
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
July 03, 2016, 03:41:31 AM
How can you explain the RISE team, they do have photos, linkedin profiles and one of the team named Alty had once been involved with Cloak Coin, which up to now it circulates and somehow got good value as well. They're the only team i've seen showing faces really. Lisk, waves, Dlisk did show only one person as the lead dev.

I'll need to look extensively into them before I can comment on this.

i can't say all of them are scammy really the fact that they are attending meetings with other dev team. Waves have been meeting with different people and has picture posted for ever news.  Sasha even posted a picture with all the ladies almost all naked.   i know that was edited. Smiley

They are all scams, no exceptions.  They all try to claim that they are different this time and they all get proven to be a shit show for the investor over time.

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
July 03, 2016, 12:54:14 AM
How can you explain the RISE team, they do have photos, linkedin profiles and one of the team named Alty had once been involved with Cloak Coin, which up to now it circulates and somehow got good value as well. They're the only team i've seen showing faces really. Lisk, waves, Dlisk did show only one person as the lead dev.

i can't say all of them are scammy really the fact that they are attending meetings with other dev team. Waves have been meeting with different people and has picture posted for ever news.  Sasha even posted a picture with all the ladies almost all naked.   i know that was edited. Smiley
July 02, 2016, 11:55:20 PM
You realize the only thing thing all these people here will "SAY"
Is i agree those other ICO's are ohhhhh soooooo scammy
..but not MINE  Roll Eyes

Very true.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
July 02, 2016, 10:27:59 PM
You realize the only thing thing all these people here will "SAY"
Is i agree those other ICO's are ohhhhh soooooo scammy
..but not MINE  Roll Eyes
July 02, 2016, 07:02:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: